Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

How Bout Dem Sips!

4,133 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by AWP 97
Cojack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Got that 65% sale on their apparel cause it smells like Bevo
MarathonAg12
gross
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Did you know people are more likely to pay more for things if they think they are saving? You are more likely to sell something that is $120 after giving a 20% discount than selling the exact same thing for $110 but telling people that's full price.
Anchorhold
Winning is more fun than Schadenfreude
SEC Champs
AG
Until they're in the SEC, take it to the Old Rivalries board. When they join, take it to SEC Country.
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
Based on their Terrible on field product I would say they have more slashing to do.
Cojack
Lol, can't wait till the **** show
AgDotCom
Champ Bailey said:

Did you know people are more likely to pay more for things if they think they are saving? You are more likely to sell something that is $120 after giving a 20% discount than selling the exact same thing for $110 but telling people that's full price.
Yes, we do. Like when people paid $5 to get into the 2011 spring Maroon & White game and missed the whole game waiting in line at the west side concession stand to buy that $1 hot dog promotion.
TyperWoods
Champ Bailey said:

This.

Once had a product for sale at a good price of $1199. Didn't sell. Weeks passed. Columbus Day was coming up, back before that was a bad thing. I put a sign on it "Columbus Day sale! $1492.

Sold it and got orders for 3 more just like it.
AGinHI
AG
Fut
JustisWalkert
AG
ABATTBQ11
AG
Yes, it's called price anchoring and id based on reference dependence. In the sips' case, their ****ty team should be anchoring their price at free.
agent-maroon
AG
Champ Bailey said:

Manufacturing company my brother worked for had a number of large wooden cable reels that they needed to retire. Put up a sign for people to take them for free. Nothing. After a couple of weeks one of his coworkers changed the sign to read "$5 each" as a Friday afternoon joke. When they came back on Monday they had all been removed/stolen because people suddenly thought they had value.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
aggieclay
You're posting about a sale for tu merch?
AWP 97
AG
agent-maroon said:

Champ Bailey said:

Manufacturing company my brother worked for had a number of large wooden cable reels that they needed to retire. Put up a sign for people to take them for free. Nothing. After a couple of weeks one of his coworkers changed the sign to read "$5 each" as a Friday afternoon joke. When they came back on Monday they had all been removed/stolen because people suddenly thought they had value.

I did this same thing for my neighbor when no one picked up his old refrigerator except I took down the free sign and put $100 on it. It was stolen by morning.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.