Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Conner Weigman Highlights

11,510 Views | 70 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by 4
maver1ck
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Do yourself a favor and watch this if you haven't yet.

This kid is the truth. Incredible pocket presence, and his field vision is WAY beyond his years. That first throw… unreal. That's just not stuff you see at the HS level.

I think Patrick Mahomes is a pretty solid NFL comparison. Both dudes that can stand in the pocket, but have a natural baseball type ability to throw on the run at different arm angles. Weigman isn't as big as Mahomes yet, but I think he will be.

I expect Weigman to make the QB battle at least somewhat interesting next year.
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
Quote:

He would start right now.
Macarthur
Those first 3 throws are insane for a kid his age.
AG
Yeah, this kid is the best high school quarterback I've ever seen.
dcbowers
AG
I think I am watching video game highlights.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
maver1ck
AG
Ragnar Danneskjoldd said:

Quote:

He would start right now.

Talent wise, he will be the best on campus. But you also have to take into account Jimbos system and the time it takes to learn it. Enrolling early should help. But Haynes' experience will give him a decent advantage
Jimbo4win
AG
But can he throw it 54 mph?
AggieZUUL
AG
Chris Kyle precision.
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
Weigman is a combo between Calzada and king and sprinkle in a little Johnny. Dude has a gun, great pocket presence, mobility and creativity. If king had started all season I think Weigman would have had a difficult time winning the starting job but now I think it will be a truly open competition.
NoahAg
Heisman. Give it to him.
BoozerRed78
AG
I think there's a very strong chance that he'll be the starter next fall.
500,000ags
AG
If you see what A&M is building on the defensive line AND add in the best QB prospect this year, recruits should be all-in at this point.
Traveler
AG
"Stares down his recievers too much.!
"Is late on his decisions!"
"Doesn't throw the receiver open!"

- TexAgs.
Halconblack
AG
Traveler said:

- TexAgs.
In all fairness, the kid never advanced past the initial receiver in any of his reads. I am not saying he can't, but if you can't make reads, you can't play D-1 ball.
v/r
A New Hope
Halconblack said:

Traveler said:

- TexAgs.
In all fairness, the kid never advanced past the initial receiver in any of his reads. I am not saying he can't, but if you can't make reads, you can't play D-1 ball.

There it is…we knew it was coming…
sbag
AG
He has a very quick release. Probably not the arm strength of Calzada though. I think it's too early to pencil him in as next year's starter. The leap from high school to the SEC is a big one.
The Collective
AG
I haven't seen many high school QBs that have to go past the initial read, but I seem to remember him doing so in the only full game I've seen him play. It doesn't matter - that will get developed. Every incoming college QB has a lot of work to do to get there.

His passes are excellent - his WRs also look very good to me.
Sparkie
nu awlins ag
AG
Fedup said:

Halconblack said:

Traveler said:

- TexAgs.

There it is…we knew it was coming…

It's a fair statement dude, you may not like it or agree with it, but it's a fair statement.
Charlie Murphy
Traveler said:

- TexAgs.

In fairness to TA, no one is saying that.
maver1ck
AG
I Have Spoken said:

I haven't seen many high school QBs that have to go past the initial read, but I seem to remember him doing so in the only full game I've seen him play. It doesn't matter - that will get developed. Every incoming college QB has a lot of work to do to get there.

His passes are excellent - his WRs also look very good to me.
This right here. You take the best QB talent you can find, and that's what Weigman is. The best in the nation.

Really understanding reads and coverages comes with working under Jimbo Fisher, not in high school ball.
Sterling82
Sometimes the best reads are before the ball is snapped.
Monywolf
Too much touch on the ball. Do not want.
Jarrin' Jay
AG
Well, it HS ball, and he looks great, but just about any QB we recruit does. Upside is there, especially with Jimbo's coaching, but for comparison:

https://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/zach-calzada/k4ZMQFM-Eea-8KA2nzwbTA/videos.htm?videoid=34dffcc9-12ed-4e85-bb65-6a7b37b305de

Still very excited about Conner and how strong our QB room will be. My guess for 2022 is King will be QB1, Zach QB2, and Conner RS if at all possible.
fightinag
Zach is the starting qb next year !
Week by Week improvement and learning will make him head and shoulders the best game day qb we have
NEXT YEAR IS HERE.......again
maver1ck
AG
fightinag said:

Zach is the starting qb next year !
Week by Week improvement and learning will make him head and shoulders the best game day qb we have
Zach has gotten better. But no. He will be the 3rd stringer next year if I had to put my money on it.

He's still a 50% completion kinda guy right now. And as much as I'd love to see that change, I'm not counting on it. We need our run game to be at an elite level the rest of the season to have a chance at winning out.
bigblackag12
AG
By no means am I saying he doesn't look great. He does. But the few clips ive seen don't show me what people say they see in him. I see a beautiful spiral and great throws but i haven't seen any highlights that make me say he's the best high school qb ive ever seen.

Could you guys point me in the direction of his most incredible highlights or big plays so i can become a believer
StinkyPinky
AG
I lime his touch as well, not trying for a fastball on every throw. Jordan Rogers will be so disappointed.
jaxisback
Jarrin' Jay said:

Well, it HS ball, and he looks great, but just about any QB we recruit does. Upside is there, especially with Jimbo's coaching, but for comparison:

https://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/zach-calzada/k4ZMQFM-Eea-8KA2nzwbTA/videos.htm?videoid=34dffcc9-12ed-4e85-bb65-6a7b37b305de

Still very excited about Conner and how strong our QB room will be. My guess for 2022 is King will be QB1, Zach QB2, and Conner RS if at all possible.
Jay, I know it's a highlight tape, but I can attest to seeing Weigman play multiple times, those highlights are exactly how accurate he is with the ball on EVERY throw he makes. It's incredibly impressive. I've probably seen 90 throws this year from him and he was on time and on target with 85+ of them.

I know I mentioned this in another thread, so ignore if you've already heard it, but watching Weigman throw the ball reminds me immediately of Drew Brees in high school. Just un-teachable accuracy with the ball. The other characteristic that you have to see to appreciate is he has a demanding leadership style, he's going to expect to lead.

I'm confident Wiegman will definitely not redshirt, he will play. Whether he starts at the beginning or plays in late-game to get experience, he'll play.

I don't want to discount our guys that are here now, and I'm completely on-board with the importance of the mental and preparation side of the position. That said, I'll be surprised if Weigman doesn't start at some point during the season.
maver1ck
AG
bigblackag12 said:

By no means am I saying he doesn't look great. He does. But the few clips ive seen don't show me what people say they see in him. I see a beautiful spiral and great throws but i haven't seen any highlights that make me say he's the best high school qb ive ever seen.

Could you guys point me in the direction of his most incredible highlights or big plays so i can become a believer
I don't think he's the best I've ever seen.

But I think he's pretty easily the best in his class.

His accuracy is absolutely elite. Stuff you can't teach.

bigblackag12
AG
Any full game tape for him out there?
Sterling82
You might search for the Klein Cain - Bridgeland game...it was televised and Weigman was stellar. He's a superior talent but he isn't always as sharp as he was in that game.
Ian Neff
AG
Hips too wide.
Ian Neff
AG
Reminds me of Kenny Hill and how fat he was.
Meanmachine
AG
He is much faster than he is advertised. Best HS qbs I've seen in person Andrew Luck, Johnny fb, Drew Brees and V Young, i wouldn't put him ahead of those guys but he is in the conversation.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.