Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Should we be concerned?

8,854 Views | 47 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by ApachePilot
saw em off
How long do you want to ignore this user?
That our 2nd string seems awful?
Krazykat
AG
Yes... we should all be very concerned!
Jawbreaker
saw em off said:

No
PacifistAg
AG
No, I'm not concerned that the guys who come in to the game when we have a 44 point lead aren't dominant.
AgfromHOU
AG
Lots of 3rd stringers and walk ons, so no.
TboneAggie
Our play calling for our 2/3 stringers doesn't give them an opportunity to for much but whatever
King
AG
Jesus.

No.

Also they just got a pic
ApachePilot
AG
No. It's not like the play calls are even remotely the same. They are in burn clock mode.
Onionman
ApachePilot said:

No. It's not like the play calls are even remotely the same. They are in burn clock mode.
They still played incredibly awful.
romanagg11
Next season our defense will be embarrassing again.
Loyalty
AG
King said:

Jesus.

No.

Also they just got a pic

I love Jesus.
Onionman
Really happy for the win but I have never seen Bama's back-ups look even remotely that bad.

Frankie T
romanagg11 said:

Because 3rd string guys getting their first action didn't play particularly well?
bigblackag12
AG
Onionman said:

Really happy for the win but I have never seen Bama's back-ups look even remotely that bad.

Bamas backups could start anywhere they transferred so I'm not surprised
Onionman
bigblackag12 said:

Onionman said:

Bamas backups could start anywhere they transferred so I'm not surprised
True.
Krautag81
They were very sloppy….should look better.
bigblackag12
AG
Would still be nice to be able to say that one day
romanagg11
I wish the 3rd stringers played more. They should be playing more often getting some experience. Championship teams normally have a lot of talent and play a lot better than what ours looked like tonight.
Spurswin5
saw em off said:

Lots of 3rd stringers and kids with first time on the field. With that said Jimbo said we got to get these young guys playing better.
MagnumLoad
More concerned about Calzada's poor play
I hate tu. It's in my blood.
Ulrich
I'm not too worried. We rotate a lot of guys during the game, so even though we'll lose a few starters, some of the backups have already been solid contributors. The new guys will be ready to play when their time comes.

The places we looked weakest in garbage time are the places where our starters are pretty young anyway, so there should be a lot of time for the backups to develop and coaches to find new players if necessary.
Jimbo4win
AG
This thread is dumb.
bdp514am
I don't care how much work you get in practice, there is no substitute for game action. And kids with little to no playing time aren't going to be dominant. They are going to look a little lost at times, miss a few assignments, etc. Especially when it is an group of players with little experience playing at the same time. You can hide or compensate for one or two guys playing with starters. The bulk of the lineup, not so much. Yes they have to get better, getting game action is a good way to help them do that.
Foxo
AG
Its wise to pull Calzada early. We can't afford to lose him.
alamogeorge
AG
Onionman said:

I've seen their first team look bad before so you're lying. Today for instance.
"You may all go to hell, and I will go to Aggieland!" -Davy Crockett
schmellba99
AG
romanagg11 said:

I wish the 3rd stringers played more. They should be playing more often getting some experience. Championship teams normally have a lot of talent and play a lot better than what ours looked like tonight.

Jesus Christ.

We won 44-14

At the end of the 3rd quarter, Scar had 15 total yards. We gave up 14 garbage points.

We ran for 292 on the ground. Both offensive and defensive lines absolutely dominated the entire game. We had 4 or whatever takeaways. Passed for 185.

By every measure imaginable we absolutely played lights out.
Tobias Funke
AG
MagnumLoad said:

More concerned about Calzada's poor play

We just scored 44 points on a conference opponent and you are criticizing our (backup) starting QB? Whatever reality you live in must be a living hell
greg.w.h
AG
Does everyone troll here, Op??
MagnumLoad
Calzada can't throw a freaking screen pass. He throws it on a line and can't correct the problem. His pick was bad. He should have had more. He didn't see Demas wide open for a TD. He has tunnel vision and locks in on the primary call. He has happy feet. He doesn't read defenses well. He makes bad decisions. 12 for 24. Our OL, DL, running game, snd special teams dominated. Against a good opponent our qb play tonight loses the game. I don't understand the inconsistent qb play and regression since the Alabama game. Flame away. I don't care.
greg.w.h
AG
MagnumLoad said:

Calzada can't throw a freaking screen pass. He throws it on a line and can't correct the problem. His pick was bad. He should have had more. He didn't see Demas wide open for a TD. He has tunnel vision and locks in on the primary call. He has happy feet. He doesn't read defenses well. He makes bad decisions. 12 for 24. Our OL, DL, running game, snd special teams dominated. Against a good opponent our qb play tonight loses the game. I don't understand the inconsistent qb play and regression since the Alabama game. Flame away. I don't care.
We won.
touchdown96
AG
Yes all those thing you said are true but he's the backup quarterback and he is 4-2. He may go lose all three of the next SEC games or win them all or win some/lose some. With so much season left, why the *****ing and moaning?

He wasn't needed tonight to play at a high level. Why can't you just be glad for the win and express your concerns without coming across like a whiny *******.
MagnumLoad
I am happy with the win. I just know we have the ability at all other positions to win out if Calzada corrects some fundamentals. Right now he is a thrower but not a consistent qb. His problems should be correctable, so correct them. We have seen he has heart.
sportsfreak1975
AgfromHOU said:

Lots of 3rd stringers and walk ons, so no.

This. 4th quarter saw a lot of playing time from 3's and 4's.
beerad12man
AG
romanagg11 said:

Really Dumb
OKC~Ag
Onionman said:

Saban runs NFL player construction factory...

we are building one and we aren't there yet...
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.