Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Should we be concerned?

8,852 Views | 47 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by ApachePilot
trueaggie2782
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Will there ever be a point in a really close game where all of our starters become incapacitated and we must put in nothing but backups? If yes, then I'm a little worried. If no, then stop even acknowledging this thought. For most of these guys, this is their first real playing time during a college game…ever.
aggiebrad94
AG
A&M - Alabama participation chart

We played more guys than Bama did in our game. We're getting more guys game experience against the best teams. The worry you felt was about guys that aren't normally going to see the field until 2 guys ahead of them get hurt.
Midnight Yale
AG
MagnumLoad said:

More concerned about Calzada's poor play

What grinded your gears? I saw some things to work on, but he generally threw darts and sensed the pocket better than last week. I thought he played fine, and his stat line would be a lot better without those two Demas drops. Just my $0.02
ironmanag
AG
Seriously we are whining that true freshmen and walk ons didn't look as good as our first and second string guys?!?

Holy sh$& every week the zoo out does itself with stupidity.
JunctionNephew
They are inexperienced. Got the opportunity to play in a game and were rewarded for their hard work.

Entire units were replaced, not a second teamer working with the first unit.

They now have game film in which they can be evaluated.

They dun good.

Gig'em
“I can’t die....God doesn’t want me yet and the devil has a restraining order against me.”
agz win
AG
Calzada is progressing. Not perfect, no doubt, but please list any Aggie quarterbacks in Aggie football history that were perfect.
bv86ag
AG
The reason your backups don't look great is that they are playing for the first time in many cases.
All backups need as many reps as they can get.
We might have won more this year if Calzada had been given more reps the past 2 years..instead of starting his career out against Colorado with hardly any PT.
Backups must get PT.
cevans_40
AG
romanagg11 said:

Next season our defense will be embarrassing again.

Got any stock tips?
No Spin Ag
When did we bring in the 2nd and 3rd stringers?
aeon-ag
GRIPE! GRIPE! GRIPE! In the Jim Meyer, Hank Foldberg, late Gene Stallings, late Emory Bellard, Tom Wilson, Franchoni, and Sumlin days football was terrible especially in the late 50' 60's and 70's,. I'm sure most of you remember Franchoni, I'm old enough to remember the Meyers, Foldberg, late Stallings, Bellard and Wilson days. Those were train wrecks. During those days one could buy a cheap knot hole ticket and sit on the 50 yard line the stadium was so empty. Why can't you cry baby children be happy with whats happening at A&M football now. Fisher is the first coach since Jackie Sherrill that has some promise of turning this program into something great. Besides Bryant and Sherrill all the rest coudln't coach their way out of a wet paper bag.. I'm sure you arm chair coaches who have never recruited, been on the practice field and coached a game know better than most experienced coaches. You sound like a bunch of whining wanna be sports writers.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
No Spin Ag said:

When did we bring in the 2nd and 3rd stringers?
Just before the network decided to go to the post-game press conference in the 4th quarter.
Ulrich
I was worried about the backups in 2012. Most of our defensive starters were seniors, we didn't rotate much, and the second we put the backups in we gave up huge yardage and points.

This year we have a lot more underclassmen starting, a lot more guys rotating in while it still matters, and a much better recruiting pipeline.

The 2012 defense with Stewart, Porter, Nealy, Damontre Moore, Campbell, Terrell, Dustin Harris was really solid… and all of those guys left after the season. We had some talented guys who came back, but not enough to replace most of our starters at the same level.
Agsuffering@bulaw
Maybe. We are already down 2 cbs. Could be real problems if we lose anymore. Was also not happy with how the DEs set the edge. If Tyree Johnson misses time, we are thin.
ApachePilot
AG
Jimbo4win said:

This thread is dumb.

This all day. *****ing about backups. Backups. And in a game that is over against starters on a team trying to save face. I hope the rest of the season our biggest grip is back ups in trash time when we are up by 40 sucking.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.