Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Gameday vlog from a Bama band member

9,375 Views | 58 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by farwellrob
cajunaggie08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
EclipseAg said:

"End of the first quarter. How we feeling?"

"Uhh ... something's happening."

Great video. Thanks for sharing. Interesting insight into what it's like to be a visitor and seeing some of this stuff for the first time. The crowd sounds amazing.

I still vividly remember my first time visiting Kyle Field. I had been to games at LSU and Georgia prior to that and the uniqueness of the A&M gameday experience can definitely shock visitors at first, but by the end of the game they usually come to appreciate how great it is.
farwellrob
AG
TexAg15 said:

Wish the Million Dollar Band could of marched.
A million dollars isn't that much anymore.

Plus, show bands are a dime a dozen. If I have to hear a band that isn't the FTAB, then me the Rice MOB, or a great HBCU performance

The list pretty much ends there.
McInnis80
Aaron4885 said:

tk for tu juan said:

39:52, Jesus?
Spiderman was there too... Crazy they don't travel until the day of (for a night game) and travel back and get back at 4 am makes for one llloooonnnggg day (college students)
But they did get to fly. I think that is the first band I have seen at Kyle Field this year.
ShaggySLC
Found one of the 20%, goes flying over the wall then gives the double bird salute and they called him a ahole. I've seen worse. Video is time stamped

rootube
AG
ShaggySLC said:

Found one of the 20%, goes flying over the wall then gives the double bird salute and they called him a ahole. I've seen worse. Video is time stamped

Based on this video, I would 100% agree with the Bama bands assessment of this person. I would also suggest they may be being too kind.
agdaddy04
AG
agreed
Traveler
AG
AgBQ-00 said:

Seemed like good group of folks. Enjoyed the video. Highly disappointing that there were asshats that gave them issues.
Yup. And looks like some of those same asshats are TexAgs posters. Glad staph deleted the posts.
ShaggySLC
I imagine that he said something going by and like I said part of their 20%. That was bare minimum though of what I received at the Colorado game. These guys would come back from Denver with PTSD. Aggies have an amazing fanbase and their 80 is probably closer to 95 to 98
agdaddy04
AG
Traveler said:

AgBQ-00 said:

Seemed like good group of folks. Enjoyed the video. Highly disappointing that there were asshats that gave them issues.
Yup. And looks like some of those same asshats are TexAgs posters. Glad staph deleted the posts.
yes, we always think Aggies are different than other fanbases but interesting to see it from the perspective of the other fans and how they're treated.
rootube
AG
ShaggySLC said:

I imagine that he said something going by and like I said part of their 20%. That was bare minimum though of what I received at the Colorado game. These guys would come back from Denver with PTSD. Aggies have an amazing fanbase and their 80 is probably closer to 95 to 98

We take pride in our hospitality to visitors to Kyle Field and think we do an good job from my experience traveling to away games. We don't know what happened before this but from this video the Bama band was very respectful and courteous. I wouldn't bend over backwards making excuses for the guy shooting the finger.
ShaggySLC
rootube said:

ShaggySLC said:

We take pride in our hospitality to visitors to Kyle Field and think we do an good job from my experience traveling to away games. We don't know what happened before this but from this video the Bama band was very respectful and courteous. I wouldn't bend over backwards making excuses for the guy shooting the finger.
Who has? From the way he flew onto the field, he looked to be in a hurry. I doubt many words were exchange. Went through them to get to the field, they called him an ahole and he flipped them the bird. While stupid and not needed, pretty tame compared to what happened to many Ags in Colorado. If he would have stayed and talked trash, Id have a lot more a problem with that. I just can't see too many Ags at Kyle being too big an ahole. I know it happens but not anywhere near 20%. I've been going to games for 38 years. The days of fist fights outside the capital during yell practice are long gone.
Divining Rod
Great video! props to the Bama Band. The video dude
was great- loved his calm expressions instead
of freaking out at the scores. Bun lady was excellent with her commentary- she was like the color commentator. Girl at the end with her football sense- right on!

So sorry for anyone who was disrespectful- that is NOT being an Aggie. usually they're t-shirt fans or kids that havent grown up. 2%ers.

Rough up their team but treat their fans likehonored guests- THAT'S the Aggie family.

Roll Tide!
rootube
AG
ShaggySLC said:

rootube said:

ShaggySLC said:

Who has? From the way he flew onto the field, he looked to be in a hurry. I doubt many words were exchange. Went through them to get to the field, they called him an ahole and he flipped them the bird. While stupid and not needed, pretty tame compared to what happened to many Ags in Colorado. If he would have stayed and talked trash, Id have a lot more a problem with that. I just can't see too many Ags at Kyle being too big an ahole. I know it happens but not anywhere near 20%. I've been going to games for 38 years. The days of fist fights outside the capital during yell practice are long gone.

Not sure they are long gone. Just simmering while the horn and LSU hate warms up!
ShaggySLC
Probably very true
oneeyedag
Great watch! Guy did a wonderful job, and is clearly passionate about his Tide.

I've never given any opposing fans at games crap except tosu fans...insufferable!
Whaler
AG
I agree -- good video. Any school that wins as much as Bama does -- well, it'd be hard not to develop an attitude. But, those Bama band members are classy folks. Great representatives of their school. I feel bad that any Aggies would give them grief.
Quad Dog
AG
This video proves how pointless, useless, and ignored cheerleaders are. And why A&M should never have them. Did they do anything? Lead any cheers?
FamousAgg
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I counted no less than 5 people falling down when storming the field.

Is there black ice on that gravel?

Paramedic friend working the game said there were multiple ton/fib fractures, and broken ankles as people jumped the wall.
Little Rock Ag
AG
The guy posted a comment on YouTube saying he believed that 90% of the Aggie fans in attendance were pure class and the other 10% were just drunk. LOL

So, I think he understands..anyway, it was a really good video and well done!
Buzzy
Jimbo4win said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

It should be grass. Kyle would be so much better if it were grass. A gray track around the field looks terrible..2A JV seriously..
It's not a track, we removed the track, then players were slipping and sliding on the concrete.

The surface is now covered with a sealant that is supposed to be tackier so players can regain their footing, and is also anti-bacterial so players don't scrape their arms and then get an infection.
seebond
AG
Cool perspective.
Great to hear 'The Spirit' with 100,000 in unison!

Gig'em Ags!
Wearetheaggies
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Bama tears sir...
AggieRob93
AG
Kudos to the video, the young man who recorded and made the video, and those around him who participated. It was enjoyable to watch and to see it from their perspective.
farwellrob
AG
I would be interesting to hear about the 20% of fans that were bad to them.

The guy that ran through them and jumped over the wall was a jerk. No question there.

The only thing they said was "the way they looked at us". That isn't being a bad fan. I think they were just looking for a reason to say we weren't great after they lost.

Or maybe there are some stories. I doubt it, but maybe there are.
farwellrob
AG
Quad Dog said:

This video proves how pointless, useless, and ignored cheerleaders are. And why A&M should never have them. Did they do anything? Lead any cheers?
But they were very important. One held up a sign that said 'Noise' to let them know when they were supposed to make noise. It didn't work, but that was very important.

And other held up 'defense' signs in case their fans didn't know who had the ball.

That is important work. Very necessary for their fan base.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.