Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Brownlow-Dindy

11,447 Views | 49 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by 500,000ags
Smittyfubar
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
He's suppose to announce today at 5. Hopefully we can draw him away from ou. After the Bama game, who knows. Maybe we will. Of course ou had that nice comeback against tsip, but hey, they were texas.
Allen76
Alpha Texan
AG
Reel him in!!!
SEC Champs
AG
Wasn't he at the Cotton Bowl last Saturday?
MrCoachEricTaylor
I seriously don't understand how it's comparable.. playing defense in the SEC vs the little 12. And even then the chances are not very good that they'll be very competitive whenever they make the move to the SEC.
OKG2000
AG
Is he supposed to go to OU? Or do we have a chance?
SBISA Victim
AG
SEC Champs said:

Wasn't he at the Cotton Bowl last Saturday?

No, he was at our game.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
OKG2000 said:

Is he supposed to go to OU? Or do we have a chance?

CB's to OU, both his parents are from there.

Getting him and Nolen would be literally and figuratively yuge
Thisguy1
He was at the Miss St game, not the Bama game
Thisguy1
Probably OU. We're in a better spot for Nolen, Stewart and Lucas.
GarryowenAg
AG
Thisguy1 said:

Probably OU. We're in a better spot for Nolen, Stewart and Lucas.

Are we though?
12thMan9
AG
MrCoachEricTaylor said:

I seriously don't understand how it's comparable.. playing defense in the SEC vs the little 12. And even then the chances are not very good that they'll be very competitive whenever they make the move to the SEC.
Please, just stop w/this weak argument. Did you see some SEC scores this weekend???????

Do you know how many Big12 defenses are currently ranked HIGHER than ours? 6. We're 9th in our own conference.

So let's stop pretending we're a standout defensive league. We played good D Saturday night, and still gave up 522 yds of O.
Ronnie '88
Thisguy1
We're in really good spots for those 3 guys. What part of that are you questioning? Do you think we're getting GBD?
MrCoachEricTaylor
Okay, but you do realize there's a difference in giving up 500 yards to Alabama and Texas Tech right? Or even Kansas State?
Nino Brown
Never underestimate the power of the Aggie Network once football is over.

Or going to church with your Pops every Sunday.
merch
So the NFL drafts more defensive guys from Big XII or SEC? If goal is to play in NFL, I think it is a given to. Chances are greater playing in SEC. plus, just more fun.

That said, since OU will be playing in SEC next year then it doesn't matter.
Nino Brown
IMHO, the SEC is irrelevant with OU.

The two universities aren't even comparable after done playing and you can get to the league from both.
OKG2000
AG
Thanks...here's hoping!
greg.w.h
AG
Nino Brown said:

IMHO, the SEC is irrelevant with OU.

The two universities aren't even comparable after done playing and you can get to the league from both.

Hopefully we won't find out until the fall of 2025…
carl spacklers hat
12thMan9 said:

MrCoachEricTaylor said:

Please, just stop w/this weak argument. Did you see some SEC scores this weekend???????

Do you know how many Big12 defenses are currently ranked HIGHER than ours? 6. We're 9th in our own conference.

So let's stop pretending we're a standout defensive league. We played good D Saturday night, and still gave up 522 yds of O.
Name ONE Big XII defense you would take over A&M's. Don't be an ijit.
People think I'm an idiot or something, because all I do is cut lawns for a living.
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
12thMan9 said:

MrCoachEricTaylor said:

Big 12 defenses are atrocious. To act as if they are equal to sec defenses is asinine. There are like 7 big 12 defensive players drafted a year. Bama has more defensive players drafted than the big 12 combined.
Alpha Texan
AG
It would've been cool to get him, but OU has been a front runner the whole time. Best of luck to him unless hes still playing for them when they come to the SEC!
boyer
The SEC isn't playing great defense..I see just as many missing tackles as in the big 12...big 10 is the best by far
Coryhub
Isn't his father now working at church in BCS..?!! If he was here for Miss St and at Cotton for tu-OU then OU is prob the winner. If any recruit was here for Bama and goes elsewhere then good riddance.
Charlie Murphy
It seems like it's been OU for a while with him.
AG
Yes. You know there's no way that job wasn't arranged by A&M football. There are coincidences and then there's this.

Either this isn't over, or somebody is gold trans am pissed right now.
Digital_Java
AG
Don't sweat this...Walter Nolen and Big Bear were at our game storming the field last weekend right?
wangus12
AG
He's going to OU
Nino Brown
boyer said:

The SEC isn't playing great defense..I see just as many missing tackles as in the big 12...big 10 is the best by far

Your statement is irrelevant to recruits and their preparation for the next level.

How many current defensive NFL players are from which conference is all that matters to 90% of high end recruits. Congrats to OU for building the relationship with a great kid with a bright future.
Tamu_mgm
AG
All I know is that just like with every class Jimbo has reeled in here thus far, we will be A to A+ along the DL.
agcrock2005
AG
wangus12 said:

He's going to OU
Yes, he committed more than 30 mins ago. Lol. This thread is a little behind.
Nino Brown
4 said:

Yes. You know there's no way that job wasn't arranged by A&M football. There are coincidences and then there's this.

Either this isn't over, or somebody is gold trans am pissed right now.

Nothing wrong with helping a family get closer to watching their child play. Whether that be in your backyard or an easier drive or flight. Sometimes helping good families and people brings benefits in the future or us just the right thing to do.
AG
I agree with your sentiment.

I'm sure that was the intention.
Smittyfubar
AG
Oh well, I guess we'll just take Nolen, Stewart and Lucas instead.
500,000ags
AG
Fong previously CB'd OU with a pretty high confidence rating. Not quite sure this was really that close.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.