Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Yell Practice Hate

6,689 Views | 33 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by AggieZeroFoxtrot
Krazykat
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The Big Lead: Twitter Has Discovered Texas A&M's Yell Practice.

https://www.thebiglead.com/posts/twitter-has-discovered-texas-a-m-s-yell-practice-01fhc7m10272
AgDotCom
A dude wearing shades in his twitter profile pic?

I'd take a drunk jacking off in front of full length mirror more seriously.
TAMUallen
AG
That's a hilarious article. Not.

Trying way too hard.

Yell practice is pretty cool and it's deliberately funny and over the top in elements. We all know that and this writer would rather hate than truly investigate. But that's their point to torch it for anything they dislike and fail to understand because that's how they've lived their life. I'll continue to enjoy things like yell practice and they can go f themselves
InfantryAg
AG
The author,Stephen Douglas, went to school where?

(rhetorical question, I don't really care)
William_C_G
AG
The writer is still pissed he lost debates to Abraham Lincoln.
IslanderAg04
Just another sip try hard.
agmag90
Oh no, not Twitter!
OTredux
William_C_G said:

The writer is still pissed he lost debates to Abraham Lincoln.

That is funny
My Name Is Judge
I mean the yell boys are a continuous embarrassment

But Matthew mconnahay wearing a leather jacket on the sideline is at least as ******y, if not more
Ag Tag
My Name Is Judge said:

But Matthew mconnahay wearing a leather jacket on the sideline is at least as ******y, if not more
Maybe we can get Lyle Lovett in a leather jacket, on the sidelines.
RealMcCoy09
AG
Its always been a weird tradition, and its always been a target of ridicule from outsiders, but its unique to us.

I will say, the closing line about, if this article upsets you go pace back and forth to blow off some steam, did make me chuckle.

I always laughed at my buddies that went to Tech that they had to put the words to their fight song on the video board because none of them knew the words on their own.
Alpha Texan
AG
The over the top cheesiness of MYP, and the ridiculousness of it all is what I love about it. Everyone can hate on it, but theirs a part of most of them that wishes they had something that so much of the fan base was committed to.
TopoTacos
AG
I can't put into words just how hard Kyle U continually tries. I've never seen a Twitter profile so obsessed with a school he doesn't consider a rival.

Also, yeah Midnight yell sounds like a weird tradition (come out at midnight before the game and shout about how much you love your team)… but as soon as someone attends it the whole thing makes sense and you see how neat a tradition it is.

FWIW, it's usually ranked up with the best traditions in the sport.
TXAG 05
AG
Never heard of the guy but agree after looking at his profile. Even wrote a book called 101 Aggie Facts every longhorn should know.
Tex117
AG
Who cares.
agnerd
AG
This guy is trolling, and yall are falling for it. Stop giving haters the free publicity they seek.
AggieArchitect04
AG
Quote:

The tradition apparently dates back to the early 1900s when A&M was an all-male school and the Aggies were getting blown out so badly that the guests from Texas Women's University were getting ready to leave early.

1. Blown out in early 1900s? Just making **** up.
https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/texas-am/index.html

2. Make no mistake. Aggies have a solid tradition of ****ing Longhorn women as well.

ETA: also, here's the dude's email if y'all would like to point out to him how dumb he is. Or bombard him with subscriptions.

stephen@thebiglead.com
JuanDurfel
AG
naw not twitter.. just this one guy

His entire schtick is hating on A&M.

He even has a book:
https://www.amazon.com/101-Aggie-Facts-Things-Longhorn/dp/1658685474
jp95
AG
My fish drummer son cannot wait till yell. This dude is just hating on something he doesn't understand.
Slyfox07
AG
This kyle umlang dude is a total chodemaster, but I have to admit that watching that "ol rock" story was pretty cringy
PaulsBunions
AG
Why give these idiots clicks and attention
TexAg15
AG
I do love MYP. But, is it just me or are the yell leaders getting ****tier and *****ier every year. The jokes have always been various layers of cringe. But, I've never cringed more at a yell practice than I did at the pre-Colorado one. That "don't boo or chant mean words" speech was worse than any ole rock joke I've ever heard. I understand the big wigs made them do it, but still.
Fightin' Texas Aggie Class of 2015
AggieArchitect04
AG
That's pathetic.
aeon-ag
My Name Is Judge said:

The little cheer boys look like cheerleaders hopping and twisting around dong their little routines. Find a YELL LEADER from the 60's to show them how to lead yells. For goodness sakes they need to stop looking like a group of prissy little boys. Other than that go ahead and get girl cheerleaders if prissy is desired!
Battered.Ag
AG
My Name Is Judge said:

gwmAggie
The Yell leaders were one of the reasons why i chose college Station, I knew I would not be the only gay man on campus. I dated two of them during my four years.
Quad Dog
AG
Ditching the overalls would go a long way to helping the optics of midnight yell.
AggieArchitect04
AG
gwmAggie said:

The Yell leaders were one of the reasons why i chose college Station, I knew I would not be the only gay man on campus. I dated two of them during my four years.

You touched their tra la la?
gwmAggie
Did you seriously think humping and squeezing was a straight man's construct?
the_batman26
AG
That's what I've noticed as well. Barstool Sports also *happened* to discover what Yell Leaders say on their College Football podcast and completely ignored the fact Midnight Yell has the same inflammatory comments about every team every week. It's clear when multiple sites stop short in actually digging into what's true.
death from below
‘18
the_batman26
AG
The reason why the traditions are strange stems entirely from having a military background for 88 years. It's no secret men in a strictly hierarchical system will do weird ***** Not sure why this is shocking to everyone now.
death from below
‘18
TRADUCTOR
Bring back grode.
phatbc
This. You can make minor advancements/tweaks without losing the tradition.
phatbc
gwmAggie said:

The sip troll returns after a 9 year hiatus. Welcome back.
AggieZeroFoxtrot
AG
Troll this dewsh

https://m.facebook.com/kyleumlang?tsid=0.936992707552345&source=result
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.