Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

SEC Needs To Deregulate To Stop Bama & Test For Illegal Substance

3,818 Views | 34 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by nu awlins ag
NowhereMan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
When a season can be severely damaged by a handful of injuries it is time to re-visit the rules of college football.
The unintended consequences of limiting scholarships, practice time and training benefit the few and limit any team from challenging the elite status quo. NCAA regulations have killed competition.

Alabama's depth may be the result of Coach Sabin or junior colleges that help in the training and practice time.
Perhaps there is some weird cultic mind games there, I am not sure.

I am a skeptic of Scott Cochran the former Tide trainer now at GA. I doubt he is playing it straight regarding legal and illegal substance. Steroids will heal you faster and prevent injury, at least temporarily.
His guys are too big, too fast with very few injuries, at least until they reach the NFL where they test.
More pushups and a guy cheering loudly seems a stretch as the reason for his magic.

There has not been a star QB from Bama in the NFL since Kenny Stabler, yet they have amassed more titles than any program in the nation with average post college, QB talent. This has never happened in college football history.

The NCAA has to get out of the way and let other schools build programs because the limits have stifled competition. The only rule that needs to be left is random testing for substance abuse that would bring a tide of change.

One team always winning becomes a bore, unless you are a die hard gambler and you watch for betting reasons.
BMX Bandit

Didn't read.
MarathonAg12
Weird Cultic mind games?………Like Aggies?
Alpha Texan
AG
Who is this Sabin?
AggieArchitect04
AG
So since we can't beat Bama we need the NCAA to step in? That seems kind of chicken *****

If it were to go that way, I hope it isn't because A&M raised a complaint.
Wearetheaggies
AG
Autocorrect issue when you accidentally type in Satan.

Like when I type in "Aggie football fan" in Word and it's replaced with "adorable puppy".
Aggie
AG
Didn't read but it seems this is your way of saying…. ITS NOT FAIR!!
Agsuffering@bulaw
You just accused them of doping without solid evidence!
Wearetheaggies
AG
Username checks out
Alpha Texan
AG
Agsuffering@bulaw said:

You just accused them of doping without solid evidence!
uh, username checks out?
agnerd
AG
OP, have I got a conference for you! It's called the Big 12. You don't have to worry about the best teams having an advantage because they all leave before it becomes much of an issue. Perhaps cheering for Baylor is more appropriate solution to your personal problem.
greg.w.h
AG
PaulTony said:

When a season can be severely damaged by a handful of injuries it is time to re-visit the rules of college football.
The unintended consequences of limiting scholarships, practice time and training benefit the few and limit any team from challenging the elite status quo. NCAA regulations have killed competition.

Alabama's depth may be the result of Coach Sabin or junior colleges that help in the training and practice time.

I am a skeptic of Scott Cochran the former Tide trainer now at GA. I doubt he is playing it straight regarding legal and illegal substance. Steroids will heal you faster and prevent injury, at least temporarily.
His guys are too big, too fast with very few injuries, at least until they reach the NFL where they test.
More pushups and a guy cheering loudly seems a stretch as the reason for his magic.

There has not been a star QB from Bama in the NFL since Kenny Stabler, yet they have amassed more titles than any program in the nation with average post college, QB talent. This has never happened in college football history.

The NCAA has to get out of the way and let other schools build programs because the limits have stifled competition. The only rule that needs to be left is random testing for substance abuse that would bring a tide of change.

One team always winning becomes a bore, unless you are a die hard gambler and you watch for betting reasons.
Surprisingly complicated trolling effort for you…
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
AggieArchitect04 said:

So since we can't beat Bama we need the NCAA to step in? That seems kind of chicken *****

If it were to go that way, I hope it isn't because A&M raised a complaint.

It sounds exactly like something Texas would and will probably do very soon. Let those pieces of sht pull this crap
TXAggie2011
AG
College football before scholarship limits was not anymore competitive than it is now. If you want to change scholarship limits to enhance competition, the solution would be to lower them.

Combine that with tightening transfer rules and you'd see a much more competitive game.
Gidnik
are you stupid or something?
greg.w.h
AG
TXAggie2011 said:

College football before scholarship limits was not anymore competitive than it is now. If you want to change scholarship limits to enhance competition, the solution would be to lower them.

Combine that with tightening transfer rules and you'd see a much more competitive game.
The NCAA can't due to the SCOTUS ruling. They can limit room and board since those aren't strictly educational benefits…
hunter2012
AG
Alpha Texan said:

Who is this Sabin?
S.A. Aggie
AG
The only illegal substance would be green pieces of paper being given to players and recruits.
Agvet12
AG
Lol only thing that should be illegal is sip socks pretending to be Aggies
Wearetheaggies
AG
Amen to that.
Agsuffering@bulaw
And getting rid of scholarship limits would do very little today with the current rules. Most athletes will no longer wait years to play, unless they have very limited options.

Nobody would be able to stockpile developmental players. The free market would eventually self-correct.

The old rules did not allow the market to self-correct. DKR would sign a huge class. DKR then controlled them. They could not transfer and play elsewhere without DKR signing a waiver.
TexAggie1999
PaulTony said:

Didn't the lack of scholarship limits HELP the top programs? Didn't Texas used to get all the best players in Texas until scholarship limits? Wouldn't a lack of scholarship limits just mean Alabama gets even more of the available talent?
PippAg
AG
oh please.
george1992
I heard, from a very influential alumnus of Alabama, that Bob Baffert is a special advisor to the Alabama football team.
Sparkie
AG
Troll troll your boat
tk for tu juan
Wearetheaggies
AG
Cheese meet whine.
AG
The funniest part is how you seem to think Bama has cornered the market on steroid use in college football.

Good one.
MaroonStain
AG
tk for tu juan said:

The only thing not "fair" on this thread is her beauty and body.

Adults that believe in 'fairness', 'equality' and 'luck' are not adults...they are aged children... HTH.
AggieArchitect04
AG
Wait. Who is that?
Wearetheaggies
AG
Aged children?!?

They are today's children! Participation trophies, safe place, trigger event b@tches. Don't sugarcoat it man.
WC94
AG
Propag said:

Aged children?!?

They are today's children! Participation trophies, safe place, trigger event b@tches. Don't sugarcoat it man.

They didn't give themselves trophies, their parents turned them into pooosies!
tk for tu juan
AggieArchitect04 said:

Wait. Who is that?

GoodAg21
NFL lite vs a Qb who throws into the helmet of his OLine.
AggieArchitect04
AG
That's who I thought. She's incredible. I'd let her eat crackers in my bed.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.