Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Hey here's the good news at least

7,019 Views | 49 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by cavscout96
maver1ck
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ulrich said:

nbaker2022 said:

I think all y'all are severely underestimating how much different this team is going to play once King is back.

King still had a lot of improving to do. He needed good reps against Colorado and New Mexico. I don't know that throwing him into the meat of an SEC schedule coming off an injury with 39 career passing attempts is going to do much besides get him lit up.

It should improve our odds, but I don't expect a massive improvement in our offensive performance.
I think you'll be surprised.

Will Haynes play like a freshman? Yeah. But he plays with confidence and throws the ball downfield. And the team rallies around him. It's just an entirely different dynamic.
threemeat
I only see 1 win left on the schedule. Prairie View, and that's it.
aeon-ag
All I do is Nguyen said:

We know who we are now as a team.

We know the ceiling is probably 9-3 or 10-2 losing to Bama and Ole Miss going forward.

We know Calzada can't throw into coverage, hence why Arky rushed only 3 all the time.

We know it ALWAYS takes our defense a quarter and a half to settle down and not let the opponent get anything big.

Hey, it's okay though. I like where the team is heading. I love that Jimbo is our coach. Do we maybe need a new OC, eh, sure. Still love watching this team fight to the end.
Yea, Ark lined up three defensive linemen and still sacked Calzada. They pushed A&M's o ine around like they were jr. high kids! WHAT WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE????!!!! I'M SO DAMNED TIRE OF HIRING MILLION DOLLAR COACHES AND GETTING P$SS POOR RESULTS!!!!!!! I've watched A&M football all my 73 years, the only two coaches worth what they were paid duting this time were Bear Bryant and Jackie Sherrill. WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THIS ATHLETIC HIRING SYSTEM????!!!! I'm glad hunting season is open, I can use this time hunting without the frustration!!!!
A&M loses 4 more, LSU, Bama, Auburn and Ol' Miss.
Get ready for all of you who couldn't wait to play tu again. It will be the same song same verse!!!!! I can hear it now, POOOOOOOOOOOOOR AGGIES!!!!!!!!
aeon-ag
czechy91 said:

All I do is Nguyen said:

We know the ceiling is probably 9-3 or 10-2 losing to Bama and Ole Miss going forward.

We know Calzada can't throw into coverage, hence why Arky rushed only 3 all the time.

We know it ALWAYS takes our defense a quarter and a half to settle down and not let the opponent get anything big.

Hey, it's okay though. I like where the team is heading. I love that Jimbo is our coach. Do we maybe need a new OC, eh, sure. Still love watching this team fight to the end.
Arky gave the entire SEC the blueprint on how to neutralize our offense. Every team is going to throw the kitchen sink at our O-Line and blitz like hell to force Calzada to make plays. He's going to have to improve quickly and significantly. It would also help if Jimbo realizes the weaknesses and draws up formations and plays that can exploit this within the constraints of our OL and QB's abilities. There has to be something that will work to move the ball downfield.
Maybe a&m has a defensive line who can throw the ball better than calzada. Kellen Mond I take back everything I said about you!!!!
StinkyPinky
AG
I'm really going to be interested in the play calling next week. Jimbo has to know now what he has in Calzada, so let's see how he manages the play calling and playing to our strengths.
TMartin
Can you let Calzada run since he has no real backup?
Jimbo4win
AG
Calzada is bad. There is no doubt. We will beat Miss St, Missouri, S Carolina, Auburn and LSU to finish 9-3. To those saying 6-6, did you watch Auburn yesterday? We lost our minds over a loss to Arkansas. They were dominated for 59 minutes at home by Georgia St. I am not saying we are a great team but we are better than Miss St, Missouri, USCe, Auburn and LSU.
jsc8116
AG
If it is expected for King to scramble and run for his life on a surgically repaired leg then he wont last 1 game.
Aggie5412
[Permanent. -Staff]
TexasAGGIEinAR
They're almost a 20 point underdog. Georgia will murder them. We are not very good and, outside of a fast start, didn't do much on us.
maver1ck
AG
jsc8116 said:

If it is expected for King to scramble and run for his life on a surgically repaired leg then he wont last 1 game.
I don't think it is. The pass pro was not near as bad as people are making it out to be. In fact, it was good enough to win the game.
cavscout96
AG
Alpha Texan said:

All I do is Nguyen said:

You're right. The panickers here are freaking out but 9-3 is the new standard.

Scar, mizzou, and MSU are wins, even with Calzada. Just run the ball. Get King back, let our defense carry out mediocre offense to a 9-3 year. Beat Ole Miss? Awesome!

We know who we are PHYSICALLY, but we're about to see who we are mentally. What will we do now that our playoff hopes are dashed? Will Leon, Hansford, Leal, Spiller, Green, and Smith or some others refocus us to still play every game like a must in.
Agreed.

cavscout96
AG
nbaker2022 said:

jsc8116 said:

I don't think it is. The pass pro was not near as bad as people are making it out to be. In fact, it was good enough to win the game.
were there time he could have stayed in the (poor) pocket? Yes. The run blocking and pass pro, overall, was abysmal.
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
I believe our floor is 7-5 (3-5 in SEC games) and ceiling is 9-3 (5-3 in SEC games). I predict we will finish 8-4 (4-4 in SEC games). I can see 3 more losses to Alabama, Ole Miss, and LSU. I just hope we win home SEC games against Mississippi State, South Carolina, and Auburn and one road SEC game at Missouri. This means we will finally beat Auburn at Kyle Field after losing home games to Auburn in 2013, 2015, 2017, and 2019.
elaggie2002
AG
Honestly if Jimbo leaned on Spiller more instead of trying to win with Calzada we would be 4-0 right now. I really do not understand why we don't run the ball more. Even if they load the box at least take some time off the clock so D can rest. At some point Spiller or Achane will find an opening and house one. The fact Spiller touched the ball once after he scored vs Arkansas is just maddening
cavscout96
AG
This^^^ Except I think we beat LSU
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.