Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Hey here's the good news at least

6,966 Views | 49 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by cavscout96
All I do is Nguyen
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We know who we are now as a team.

We know the ceiling is probably 9-3 or 10-2 losing to Bama and Ole Miss going forward.

We know Calzada can't throw into coverage, hence why Arky rushed only 3 all the time.

We know it ALWAYS takes our defense a quarter and a half to settle down and not let the opponent get anything big.

Hey, it's okay though. I like where the team is heading. I love that Jimbo is our coach. Do we maybe need a new OC, eh, sure. Still love watching this team fight to the end.
No matter what
jsc8116
AG
Would say 6-6 is more realistic. If we weren't playing Mizzu on the road week after Bama then maybe 7-5. Best chances of conference wins is next week and USCe.
Jbob04
AG
10-2 or 9-3? You guys never learn. 6-6 or 7-5 at best.
dcg4403
AG
All I do is Nguyen said:

Hey, it's okay though. I like where the team is heading. I love that Jimbo is our coach. Do we maybe need a new OC, eh, sure. Still love watching this team fight to the end.

So you love Jimbo but also want to fire Jimbo? You know Jimbo in reality is the OC, right????????

He is far far far too stubborn to hand over primary OC duties. We either live or die by the Jimbo ways within our offense. I am fearful that Jimbo's ways are becoming outdated.
My Name Is Judge
9-3 or 10-2 ???

We'll be lucky to finish 4th place in the west
QB1
AG
My Name Is Judge said:

9-3 or 10-2 ???

We'll be lucky to finish 4th place in the west

Exactly, I don't see any way we get 9 or 10 wins, I mean we have a qb afraid to throw the ball and a run game that can't pound it on a 3 man front - we screwed
SteveA
AG
We only have half of a team. We are not winning 9 unless something drastically changes on offense.
Drake aTm
AG
Any SEC team that scores more than 10 points on us will win.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
We can't score enough to beat any other SEC team on our schedule, embrace the horror….,
zephyr88
AG
7-5 is the upside. 6-6 more probable.

Maybe a weekday, daytime bowl game sponsored by someone you've never heard of.
czechy91
AG
All I do is Nguyen said:

We know the ceiling is probably 9-3 or 10-2 losing to Bama and Ole Miss going forward.

We know Calzada can't throw into coverage, hence why Arky rushed only 3 all the time.

We know it ALWAYS takes our defense a quarter and a half to settle down and not let the opponent get anything big.

Arky gave the entire SEC the blueprint on how to neutralize our offense. Every team is going to throw the kitchen sink at our O-Line and blitz like hell to force Calzada to make plays. He's going to have to improve quickly and significantly. It would also help if Jimbo realizes the weaknesses and draws up formations and plays that can exploit this within the constraints of our OL and QB's abilities. There has to be something that will work to move the ball downfield.
fieldtrailer
AG
Another coach who can't recruit well enough to keep the offensive line from going good to bad year to year. And can't/doesnt use the portal or juco colleges to help fill in holes.
Son_Of_Fanatic
SteveA said:

We only have half of a team. We are not winning 9 unless something drastically changes on offense.

spherical
AG
Jbob04 said:

10-2 or 9-3? You guys never learn. 6-6 or 7-5 at best.

Ok but you made this identical response last year right?
TAMU74
AG
8-4 Tops
Losses to Bama, Missouri, Mississippi
Very realistic 7-5
Add LSU
And a possible 6-6
Add auburn
W
AG
Calzada is not going to win 5 SEC games.

2 at the most...State & Carolina
W
AG
here is some good news.

the A&M defense ranks #2 nationally in scoring defense (points allowed)

and #23 nationally in yards per game
Coog_aTm
7-5 or 6-6 unless OL and QB play improve dramatically this week (probably not going to happen).

Prairie View and South Carolina should be wins, but with our offense, every win except for PVU will be 10 points or less.

Miss State: push
Bama: L, (we get steamrolled)
@Mizzou: L
USCe: W
Auburn: L (might keep it close)
@Ole Miss: L (we get steamrolled)
Prarie View: W
@LSU: L (LSU will have their act together by the time we play them)

We might as well start playing the underclassman WRs a lot at this point.
TyperWoods
We don't know any of that.

We won't know it until it's finished. That's why they actually play the games.
Coog_aTm
I'm trying to remember when was the last time our offense was this bad. There must have been a time since 2000 when the offense looked this inept, but I can't recall. Maybe '96 when we were breaking in new quarterbacks and we had one of the youngest teams in Division I. I know we have potential, but we can't run the ball consistently with this OL and our passing game is worse.
Jbob04
AG
W said:

here is some good news.

the A&M defense ranks #2 nationally in scoring defense (points allowed)

and #23 nationally in yards per game

How bout rushing D?
Corn Pop
Y'all are crazy to think that we sniff 9-3 or 10-2. Aside from everything listed above, we realistically have no idea how good Arkansas actually is this year. They barely snuck by Rice then beat up on way overrated tu and Texas A&M. What's going to happen if they get absolutely boat-raced by Georgia next week?
Sterling82
To be 10-2 the offense has to be restructured. So far Fisher has been too hard headed to do that. If we don't see something different next week after yesterday's wake up, he probably won't.
maver1ck
AG
I think all y'all are severely underestimating how much different this team is going to play once King is back.
GigEmTx
I see a lot of complainers not recognizing that Arkansas actually has a good team this year. The only teams in the SEC better than them are Bama, UGA, and maybe UF and Ole Miss depending on when they play. Our O Line hasn't jelled partly because we're playing true freshmen, and our QB1 went down. When you come into a season with realistic expectations, the mask is off and everyone approaches their game with you like it's their Super Bowl. We're apparently not ready to handle everyone's best shot just yet, but get King healthy and get the talented O Line a few more games' experience and their youth will give us a solid O Line for a long time. We're still moving in the right direction in the long term and just need to let the season play out.
AggieArchitect04
AG
Coog_aTm said:

7-5 or 6-6 unless OL and QB play improve dramatically this week (probably not going to happen).

Prairie View and South Carolina should be wins, but with our offense, every win except for PVU will be 10 points or less.

Miss State: push
Bama: L, (we get steamrolled)
@Mizzou: L
USCe: W
Auburn: L (might keep it close)
@Ole Miss: L (we get steamrolled)
Prarie View: W
@LSU: L (LSU will have their act together by the time we play them)

We might as well start playing the underclassman WRs a lot at this point.

Why? Who's going to throw it to them?
maver1ck
AG
Haynes will not lose to all 3 of Ole Miss, LSU and Auburn.

Not going to happen.
Coog_aTm
I knew Arky was improved before we played them. Pittman and staff have only been there two years and Arkansas was one of the worst teams in the country when he arrived. What's our excuse?

I don't think Arkansas is that much better than last year than we are worse. I knew we were going to most likely lose the game after watching us struggle to run the ball against freaking New Mexico.
bigblackag12
AG
zephyr88 said:

7-5 is the upside. 6-6 more probable.

Maybe a weekday, daytime bowl game sponsored by someone you've never heard of.

I'm alright goin to the randy carruther's "like no other" vegan butter bowl
GigEmTx
Corn Pop said:

Y'all are crazy to think that we sniff 9-3 or 10-2. Aside from everything listed above, we realistically have no idea how good Arkansas actually is this year. They barely snuck by Rice then beat up on way overrated tu and Texas A&M. What's going to happen if they get absolutely boat-raced by Georgia next week?
Arky with a healthy Jefferson will have a good chance of keeping it close against UGA, especially with UGA's offense playing the way it is. Get Jefferson injured like he was yesterday and Arky may well get boat raced by UGA. That's the reason you can't always compare results against common opponents. Same thing with us playing with King vs Calzada. We're a different team. People see Bama and think that every team should have a Tua waiting in the wings for reps. We'll be lucky enough to be in that position next year with King and Weigman, but we're not there yet.
Alpha Texan
AG
All I do is Nguyen said:

You're right. The panickers here are freaking out but 9-3 is the new standard.

Scar, mizzou, and MSU are wins, even with Calzada. Just run the ball. Get King back, let our defense carry out mediocre offense to a 9-3 year. Beat Ole Miss? Awesome!

We know who we are PHYSICALLY, but we're about to see who we are mentally. What will we do now that our playoff hopes are dashed? Will Leon, Hansford, Leal, Spiller, Green, and Smith or some others refocus us to still play every game like a must in.
Coog_aTm
nbaker2022 said:

Haynes will not lose to all 3 of Ole Miss, LSU and Auburn.

Not going to happen.
I hope you're right. I thought Lucci's comparison to McCoy was a good one, but just like McCoy, I think he needs to bulk up which will improve his durability and arm strength. He is a high risk reward guy so we are going to have some more wow plays, but also possibly more interceptions. I doubt he sacks himself and throws a ball off the center's head though.
Alpha Texan
AG
Coog_aTm said:

I'm trying to remember when was the last time our offense was this bad. There must have been a time since 2000 when the offense looked this inept, but I can't recall. Maybe '96 when we were breaking in new quarterbacks and we had one of the youngest teams in Division I. I know we have potential, but we can't run the ball consistently with this OL and our passing game is worse.
I love the dude. He's actually one of my favorite Aggie QBs, (I only remember since 2012 though so the pickins are slim), but I loved Hubenak. This offense is, like, pretty much that bad
Coog_aTm
Alpha Texan said:

Coog_aTm said:

I love the dude. He's actually one of my favorite Aggie QBs, (I only remember since 2012 though so the pickins are slim), but I loved Hubenak. This offense is, like, pretty much that bad
Yep, that offense was probably about as bad as this one.
Ulrich
nbaker2022 said:

I think all y'all are severely underestimating how much different this team is going to play once King is back.

King still had a lot of improving to do. He needed good reps against Colorado and New Mexico. I don't know that throwing him into the meat of an SEC schedule coming off an injury with 39 career passing attempts is going to do much besides get him lit up.

It should improve our odds, but I don't expect a massive improvement in our offensive performance.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.