Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

11-2 is our ceiling this year

6,232 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Deputy Travis Junior
pointer74
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Urban Country Boy said:

There is a reason people like the OP never played. With that attitude they would quit in two a days.

It's a legit observation. How is that a loser mentality?
Did you really think we were going to go to playoffs this year? Vegas loves people like you who wear their schools colored glasses
Divining Rod
OP, you sir are a WINNER in life! It's not everyone who can so readily set ceilings on teamwork accomplishments. I wish you were my leader.
Brian DeSpain
I bet you did not think 9-1 was the ceiling after our first game against Vanderbilt last season.
The Agly Duckling
Agsuffering@bulaw said:

Our ceiling is still a title, but a lot must come together.

There is a good chance the offense takes a leap forward in the next game or 2.

-rs fish made first start at QB
-true fish made first start at C
-both Gs made first starts
-RT was a G the past 2 seasons
-LT only had 6 previous starts at LT, all in a different system
- one of the turnovers was a very rare mental mistake by Ainias
-the last pick of the game was the backup
-2 of the INTs were not King's fault

Wydermeyer looked sloppy, but he also looked sloppy the first game of 2020. Chase Lane took a developmental leap. Chapman is healthy and looked good.

Defense is a different story. We need McKinley to return or someone else to step up as the run-stuffing NT.

I get Elko keeping it vanilla for the first game, but we shouldn't have to get fancy to stop any MAC from running.
-
Great analysis.
war hymn aggie
AG
I'll take 11-2 & a New Years 6 Bowl game 9 times outta 10.

Just want us to win a Natty once before I'm incinerated & put in a jar.

I ain't getting any younger, tho......

Triggypop
An 11-2 season would be nice. There are a bunch of factors like injuries, suspensions, and having inexperienced players at key positions that can derail a season. None of these factors apply to Bama.
uneedastraw
You truly think Jimbo's contract was renewed with the expectation of a championship? My opinion is it was probably renewed to jump the gun on the Coach O debacle that will play out this year. Seems like good timing so far.
WorkTogetherAgs
AG
BigSneezy
William_C_G said:

Maroon koolaid made some folks think a natty was inevitable this year. So it was time to give Jimbo a raise so we could thank him in advance.

But last night showed that a new QB and mostly new O-line are not going to give us a natty this year. We will lose to Bama by 14-21 points and we will be upset by someone else. Then we'll win our bowl game.

We're headed in the right direction even though it may be hard to see it at times.

You're not thinking clearly. We have 5 turnovers and won by 3o points. We won. By thirty.

Certainly we want less turnovers. But we clean things up and we might be beating teams by 50.

Think of where we started last year with barely beating Vandy. We steadily improved from there and ended up where we are now.

Now we are at 5 (most likely) and have every game in front of us. We will beat Bama at Kyle. It will happen.
Deputy Travis Junior
vander54 said:

11-2 is not our ceiling

Unless the LSU/UCLA game was a fluke am thinking 11-1 is likely and then it will depend on of we get a playoff spot or not.

Our fish qb threw 3 picks against a cream puff, our defense gave up 226 rushing yards (at 5ypc), and you think 11-1 is likely? You have a lot more faith that we'll massively improve than I do.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.