Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

11-2 is our ceiling this year

6,229 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Deputy Travis Junior
William_C_G
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Maroon koolaid made some folks think a natty was inevitable this year. So it was time to give Jimbo a raise so we could thank him in advance.

But last night showed that a new QB and mostly new O-line are not going to give us a natty this year. We will lose to Bama by 14-21 points and we will be upset by someone else. Then we'll win our bowl game.

We're headed in the right direction even though it may be hard to see it at times.
flashplayer
AG
That's like - just your opinion man.
My Name Is Judge
I'm glad op made this thread

Now I don't have to spend my saturdays watching how the games play out
wangus12
AG
I mean technically since we haven't lost, I'd say there is still a ceiling of an undefeated season
94chem
I tend to think you're right, and that would keep things headed the right direction. Georgia's easy victory over Clemson kind of shows that when you have more talent, you're going to win most of the time. We're just not putting as many studs on the field as Bama, but we're getting closer.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
Sid Farkas
AG
wangus12 said:

I mean technically since we haven't lost, I'd say there is still a ceiling of an undefeated season

That's a potentially valid extrapolation. Here's another one: 65 turnovers
BadAggie
AG
OU looking suspect and Clemson having a L already increases that ceiling. Does Georgia not lose a regular season game?

dannyv
AG
What did OP think the ceiling was after a 5-point win over Vandy last year? This is really dumb.
A New Hope
Didn't we win by 31 with a fish qb and new oline?
greg.w.h
AG
Win them all. Prove OP wrong.
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
OP showcasing the classic loser mentality. Didn't take long to get this thread this year.

Our fanbase has such an inferiority complex and until Johnny and then jimbo that **** permeated its way to the players.

13-0 is our ceiling, deal with it
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
Before the season, I believed that our floor is 9-3 and ceiling is 11-1. I predicted a 10-2 regular season finish with losses to Alabama and LSU, and I stand by that prediction.
e=mc2
AG
Ghost of Bizbee said:

OP showcasing the classic loser mentality. Didn't take long to get this thread this year.

Our fanbase has such an inferiority complex and until Johnny and then jimbo that **** permeated its way to the players.

15-0.
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
e=mc2 said:

Ghost of Bizbee said:

15-0.

Touche, I can't math
vander54
S
11-2 is not our ceiling

Unless the LSU/UCLA game was a fluke am thinking 11-1 is likely and then it will depend on of we get a playoff spot or not.
World's worst proofreader
Emilio Fantastico
AG
94chem said:

I tend to think you're right, and that would keep things headed the right direction. Georgia's easy victory over Clemson kind of shows that when you have more talent, you're going to win most of the time. We're just not putting as many studs on the field as Bama, but we're getting closer.

Georgia's easy victory over Clemson?!?
It was a 10-3 game with no offensive TDs.
Had it not been for that defensive TD, Georgia would've been going for a game winning FG at the end of the game.
Urban Country Boy
AG
There is a reason people like the OP never played. With that attitude they would quit in two a days.
woodlees
AG
If it weren't for the Aggie ring, I would have suspected OP for a sip troll
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
94chem
Emilio Fantastico said:

94chem said:

Georgia's easy victory over Clemson?!?
It was a 10-3 game with no offensive TDs.
Had it not been for that defensive TD, Georgia would've been going for a game winning FG at the end of the game.

Georgia has way more talent than Clemson, and without a top shelf QB for Clemson, UGA would win that game 8 out of 10 times. And I was under the impression that pick 6's still counted. That was a 2 score game for most of it. Those were 2 top 10 teams, and Georgia was in control for most of it. Ags used to play games like that all the time. See the 2001 ND game or the 1987 Arkansas game. Classic case of "put a score on the board and dare the other team to do something about it." Clemson couldn't.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
94chem
woodlees said:

If it weren't for the Aggie ring, I would have suspected OP for a sip troll

Calling 11-2 the ceiling was a bit strong, but it's a very reasonable prediction. It is consistent with how tough the SEC is and how far we've come.
94chem,
94chem
My Name Is Judge said:

I'm glad op made this thread

Now I don't have to spend my saturdays watching how the games play out

Right there with you, but I don't want to miss any bogus targeting calls in real time,
94chem,
StinkyPinky
AG
How do people arrive at a defeatist attitude so quickly? It's comical. Think more positive, you'll feel better
halfastros81
AG
What was OP's projection after the 17-12 thumping of Vandy last yr?

I was very concerned and that concern got bigger after the Bama game. Ended up working out ok.
lotoarmy
AG
OP, did you watch the Vanderbilt game last year? Seem we did pretty good after that!
Last of the Old Army
NavyVetAg
Honestly, it's going to take a couple more years to build the kind of depth to compete on the same level as Alabama. QB1 needs more time to develop. And the 5* behind him needs a couple of years on the sideline holding a clipboard.
The Agly Duckling
Quote:

11-2 is our ceiling this year
15 - 0 or GTFO!
oldcrow91
AG
Sounds like OP works for ESPN.
Agsuffering@bulaw
Our ceiling is still a title, but a lot must come together.

There is a good chance the offense takes a leap forward in the next game or 2.

-rs fish made first start at QB
-true fish made first start at C
-both Gs made first starts
-RT was a G the past 2 seasons
-LT only had 6 previous starts at LT, all in a different system
- one of the turnovers was a very rare mental mistake by Ainias
-the last pick of the game was the backup
-2 of the INTs were not King's fault

Wydermeyer looked sloppy, but he also looked sloppy the first game of 2020. Chase Lane took a developmental leap. Chapman is healthy and looked good.

Defense is a different story. We need McKinley to return or someone else to step up as the run-stuffing NT.

I get Elko keeping it vanilla for the first game, but we shouldn't have to get fancy to stop any MAC from running.
-
GigEmTx
The op also predicted a 4-win season last year after the Vandy game. Idiots like that aren't worth the effort.
halfastros81
AG
I have to admit I was pretty low after the first 2 games last yr. not that low but wasn't at all liking what I saw. I knew we had the talent to play with Florida but wasn't optimistic. My perspective changed .

Yesterday was about Fisher letting his guys learn and provide the opportunity to correct.
Ogre09
AG
I would be ecstatic if we go 11-2 and play Bama within 14. That would be out-****ing-standing for this team. We have a favorable schedule this year, but the offense is going to struggle with the rookie QB and the inexperienced OL.
TexAggie1999
William_C_G said:

Maroon koolaid made some folks think a natty was inevitable this year. So it was time to give Jimbo a raise so we could thank him in advance.

But last night showed that a new QB and mostly new O-line are not going to give us a natty this year. We will lose to Bama by 14-21 points and we will be upset by someone else. Then we'll win our bowl game.

We're headed in the right direction even though it may be hard to see it at times.

Agree we probably won't be elite and Bama will beat us relatively easily, but I think we have a real chance at only one loss. Who would beat us on our schedule? LSU looks like they will suck again this year. Ole Miss, Miss St., Arkansas, Missouri, and South Carolina probably aren't very good. Colorado probably isn't that good. The other two OOC games are against glorified high schools. The only team we play outside of Alabama that might be any good is Auburn. Some years the are good and some years they are mediocre. I like our chances against them.

I don't think we make the playoffs, but I think we play in a NY6 game with 1 loss. I think we will be good. I hope we play an actual good team in a bowl and all of our players and theirs play so we have a chance to make the season look really strong.

We need to make progress while LSU is down. I expect they will fire Coach O in a couple of years and then they will start progressing to be good again.
agwin12
AG
Just glad that the OP has nothing to do with coaching the Ags.
"A life lived for others is a life worthwhile" - Albert Einstein
bv86ag
AG
We won't beat Bama..but should go 11-1 in regular season play.
Jimbo seems to be getting us there with his recruiting.
But we need a couple more really strong recruiting cycles to be in a position to beat Bama.
That's not trying to downplay the Ags chances this year..it's just reality.
34blast
Sumlin's teams started hot out of the gate, then had Novembers to not remember

So far Fisher's teams start slow and get better as the season goes on, this is what happens with better coaching

Our fans base (well Texags fan base) is always the roller coaster we get made fun of for. Do we have talent? Yes. Is it like Alabama? no. Looks like Fisher is building that depth, but not there yet (compared to Alabama, but who does). We have 1 returning OL starter, Green, playing a new position. We have a new QB, lost Bobby Brown. It will take time to gel, but Fisher and Elko are the men for the job. I saw alot of promise out there.

Before the season, if I didn't read Texas Ags, 9-3 seems reasonable.
Alabama will be favored and it would be an upset to win
Ole Miss won't be easy
LSU will be firing on all cylinders by the time we play them
Auburn hard to say
This is the SEC, it will always be hard week in and week out

11-2 is not the ceiling, still undefeated, though that is extremely unlikely.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.