Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

TCU lady with the burn

14,437 Views | 53 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by bryanw1995
Hawk2007
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So, Austin's athletic budget is in the range in spite of their football record much like A&M's athletic budget would be in that range in spite of our football record.

Are the Horns down right now? For sure... Are we doing much better than them? For sure...
Has it always been that way? Naw....

Yeah, it's funny burn for sure, and I'd bet (a lot) that TCU's athletic budget is nowhere near that amount.
aggiehawg
AG
Hawk2007 said:

So, Austin's athletic budget is in the range in spite of their football record much like A&M's athletic budget would be in that range in spite of our football record.

Are the Horns down right now? For sure... Are we doing much better than them? For sure...
Has it always been that way? Naw....

Yeah, it's funny burn for sure, and I'd bet (a lot) that TCU's athletic budget is nowhere near that amount.
That's the point. TCU does so much better with fewer resources. They are efficient and productive.

Sips? Not so much.
Iowaggie
AG
Here's the part I still don't understand about Texas's motives.

Why?

Their athletic department is already first in revenue(allegedly), and they weren't winning conference championships and playoff games.

So why go to the SEC? They'll still be first in revenue, and have a much tougher road in all sports, except probably basketball.

They were not only the biggest fish in the B12, but their revenue was the most in the NCAA. So they still will have the highest revenue, but now they'll be just another fish in the SEC.

And I still don't understand why the rank and file schools in the SEC are going for this either. They are members of the most well funded athletic conference, but now in the rare year those teams have a really solid football team, they have two more major hurdles to climb over. So the Ms States, Kentucky and Auburn get more money, but so does their immediate competition, so they aren't going to improve their relative position with everyone else.
The Ghost of Johnny
AG
Based on the title I thought this thread would be about a TCU chick with an STD.
BigSneezy
Iowaggie said:

Why?

Their athletic department is already first in revenue(allegedly), and they weren't winning conference championships and playoff games.

So why go to the SEC? They'll still be first in revenue, and have a much tougher road in all sports, except probably basketball.

They were not only the biggest fish in the B12, but their revenue was the most in the NCAA. So they still will have the highest revenue, but now they'll be just another fish in the SEC.

And I still don't understand why the rank and file schools in the SEC are going for this either. They are members of the most well funded athletic conference, but now in the rare year those teams have a really solid football team, they have two more major hurdles to climb over. So the Ms States, Kentucky and Auburn get more money, but so does their immediate competition, so they aren't going to improve their relative position with everyone else.

The reason is simple, to change the narrative and stop A&M. We really are close to a national title. And they know this.
ftworthag02
AG
Anyone remember the tcu showgirl video a few years ago?
AggieTFA06
AG
Iowaggie said:

Why?

I listened to the tu president during the hearing. He stated that there were numerous reasons that tu wanted to leave. However, notable answers brought up were:

1. SEC was more stable than BDF.

2. more marquee games.
To 1,000,000 touchdowns ...and beyond
Eike Mlko
Iowaggie said:

Why?

Because A&M thriving has been costing them in recruiting.
hockeyag
AG
Or just maybe their expenses are so high they need the extra cash.
AggieArchitect04
AG
Depending on how you count?
WTF does that even mean??? Lol
Dad
AG
Texagtrojan said:

Iowaggie said:

Why?

Because A&M thriving has been costing them in recruiting.

This was everything. It was the only move that could put them on equal ground with A&M and they couldn't deal with us having a huge recruiting advantage over them.

What they didn't know was that we will still have a huge recruiting advantage over them in our head coach.
ApachePilot
AG
Awesome!!!!
Rule#2
AG
suburban cowboy said:

Her daughter is a smokeshow

I know this certainly to be true
It's your duty as an American to own a gun...and know how to use it.
ABATTBQ11
AG
suburban cowboy said:

This comment is as useless as the user without pics
Fenn06
AG
Must be played at tcu football games, even after 2025.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

suburban cowboy said:

This comment is as useless as the user without pics
Howdy.

NowhereMan
I like her blazer she could take over for flo
BJC
AG
Champ Bailey said:

What the Horned Frog senator did to the t.u. president is what the youngsters (millennials) and the kids (Gen-Zers) nowadays call, "flexing"...
BJC
Texas A&M Aggie Class of '96
reddirtgigem
I would vote for her if she ran for Governor... That was awesome
bryanw1995
AG
Iowaggie said:

Why?

Schools with lower revenues overall will get much closer to parity in the SEC if everybody gains an extra $20m, at least as a %. Also, this gives them all a leg up on everybody else who is not in the SEC.

Look at it this way:

Ole Miss: 108m + 20m = 128m
Clemson: 133m + nada = 133m
Arkansas 137m +20m = 157m

Ole Miss is still quite a bit behind Arkansas, but they're now at 82% instead of 79% of Arkansas' revenues. Plus, they're now almost equal with Clemson, who has proven that it doesn't take an astronomical revenue stream to win a bunch of titles.

Additionally, we become that much more desirable as a destination for any school that is serious about football and wonders if their conference is the best place to be.

Clemson and Fl State may or may not be sending out feelers. tOSU is very concerned. USC has wandering eyes. Penn State? Notre Dame? Michigan? Any of the b1g schools joining us would be a seismic shift in the college football power structure.

It's possible, perhaps even likely, that the future structure of major college football is 2-4 SuperConferences. However, it's also possible that all the schools that are really serious about fooball join 1 conference for football and remain in a regional conference for everything else. If that were to happen, I'd much rather that 1 conference be the SEC than the b1g.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.