Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Name The BLUE BLOODS

7,024 Views | 46 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by The Agly Duckling
The Gainesville Taco Casa
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SECTAMU#1 said:

Alabama
Michigan
Notre Dame
Ohio State
Oklahoma
Texas
USC
This is the correct answer.
MosesRAB-93
AG
I don't see any need to go beyond 16, and hate the ESPN clause encouraging the SEC to do so. We need MORE parity across CFB, not less. Why the rush to become NFL lite? Having the same 6 teams in the championship is ruining the sport.
aggiehawg
AG
MosesRAB-93 said:

I don't see any need to go beyond 16, and hate the ESPN clause encouraging the SEC to do so. We need MORE parity across CFB, not less. Why the rush to become NFL lite? Having the same 6 teams in the championship is ruining the sport.
It was the same during the BCS regime in most years too. Pre-season rankings ruin everything.
The Agly Duckling
True Texan said:

1 The University of Texas at Austin $171,109,116.67
2 Ohio State University-Main Campus $141,167,559.33
3 Florida State University $138,537,510.33
4 The University of Alabama $129,196,189.33
5 University of Notre Dame $128,475,853.00
6 University of Georgia $124,531,618.33
7 University of Oklahoma-Norman Campus $123,273,830.33
8 University of Michigan-Ann Arbor $115,489,175.00
9 University of Louisville $107,089,717.00
10 Louisiana State University and Agricultural & Mechanical College $105,048,354.00
11 Auburn University $104,163,063.67
12 Pennsylvania State University-Main Campus $102,973,199.67
13 Texas A & M University-College Station $102,838,432.33
14 University of Florida $102,804,803.67
15 Stanford University $99,132,163.00
16 University of Washington-Seattle Campus $96,152,397.00
17 The University of Tennessee-Knoxville $94,388,117.00
18 University of South Carolina-Columbia $93,804,218.00
19 University of Wisconsin-Madison $90,728,527.00
20 University of Arkansas $89,741,097.00
Where did you get these numbers and for what year was this? Also, is this in reference to Athletic Budget Revenue, average salary for professors . . . . what are these numbers for?

These are USA Today's 2018-19 Athletic Budget Revenues, and you'll notice that Southern Cal, Notre Dame and Stanford are not on here because they don't have to release their info since they're private. Where the hell did you get those figures?

If you choose to not click on the link, here's a few tidbits:

1. Texas, Big 12, $223,879,781
2. Texas A&M, SEC, $212,748,002
3. Ohio State, Big 10 (I'm pressed for time so I won't copy and paste many more figures)
4. Michigan, Big 10
5, Georgia
6. Penn State
7. Alabama
8. Oklahoma
9. Florida
10. LSU
11. Wisconsin
13. Auburn
15. Kentucky
16. Tennessee
17. South Carolina
20. Arkansas
21. Nebraska
22. Clemson
28. Kansas
30. Mississippi State
34. Mississippi
35. UCLA
36. North Carolina
37. Missouri

Where are your figures from? The Dark Ages? What is your source? Is it as credible as USA Today? Please provide a link like I did.

gigemags-99
AG
The Gainesville Taco Casa said:

SECTAMU#1 said:

Alabama
Michigan
Notre Dame
Ohio State
Oklahoma
Texas
USC
This is the correct answer.

Oklahoma does not belong on this list.
DuckySams
Penn State should always be in the top 10 if not 5.

Despite lack of current success, so should Nebraska.

Auburn and Arkansas should be nowhere in the conversation (nor should we).
aggiehawg
AG
DuckySams said:

Penn State should always be in the top 10 if not 5.

Despite lack of current success, so should Nebraska.

Auburn and Arkansas should be nowhere in the conversation (nor should we).
Agree about Penn State. They were an independent for so long before finally joining the B1g Ten in 1990. Plus Paterno was the coach for over 50 years. Further, throughout their history, their win percentages were in .6's and .7s way more often than not. Helluva lot of consistency since the late 1800s.
Traveler
AG
Sq 17 said:

SECTAMU#1 said:

Alabama
Michigan
Notre Dame
Ohio State
Oklahoma
Texas
USC

Great list I would include Clemson
Before FSU joined Clemson was the by far best program in the ACC and that plus their current success and they probably belong.
Clemson is "new money" ...

Agree the list above is probably spot on

aggiehawg
AG
Traveler said:

Sq 17 said:

SECTAMU#1 said:

Alabama
Michigan
Notre Dame
Ohio State
Oklahoma
Texas
USC

Great list I would include Clemson
Before FSU joined Clemson was the by far best program in the ACC and that plus their current success and they probably belong.
Clemson is "new money" ...

Agree the list above is probably spot on

Clemson will become a blue blood if they dominate for 30 years plus. Maybe Dabo stays there that long. Maybe he doesn't. IDK.
bryanw1995
AG
Sully Penny said:

Past Blue Bloods which (to me) are no longer likely to reachieve that status
Harvard
Princeton
Yale
Georgia Tech
Nebraska
Cal-Berkley
Cornell
Pittsburgh
Minnesota
Army
Nebraska has been pretty bad for 4 years. However, if you go from 1972 onward, they won 9 or more games 30 years in a row (72 to 01) and have had only had 7 total losing seasons. We've been better than them since they left the big 12, but for the 40 years before that they were enormously better than we were. They're also currently in the richest conference in football and consensus 2nd-best overall conference. It's pretty hilariously off base to include them with Ivy Leage teams.

They have huge enthusiasm for football. Let them find a good coach and they'll be back in contention again.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

They have huge enthusiasm for football. Let them find a good coach and they'll be back in contention again.
With NIL, they can buy their way back. Who needs partial qualifiers anymore?
West texas fan
For the BSC era and before that's a good list. But there is this thing now called the "COLLEGE FOOTBALL PLAYOFFS". You may have heard of it. Most of the teams on your list haven't even made it to the playoffs and even less have won the championship. New era should also mean NEW BLUE BLOODS!!!
The Agly Duckling
bryanw1995 said:

Sully Penny said:

Past Blue Bloods which (to me) are no longer likely to reachieve that status
Harvard
Princeton
Yale
Georgia Tech
Nebraska
Cal-Berkley
Cornell
Pittsburgh
Minnesota
Army
Nebraska has been pretty bad for 4 years. However, if you go from 1972 onward, they won 9 or more games 30 years in a row (72 to 01) and have had only had 7 total losing seasons. We've been better than them since they left the big 12, but for the 40 years before that they were enormously better than we were. They're also currently in the richest conference in football and consensus 2nd-best overall conference. It's pretty hilariously off base to include them with Ivy Leage teams.

Yes, they were very good for a while, but a few circumstances have changed for them:
1) They're not one of only 2 or 4 teams on national TV every week.
2) They haven't been that good since they couldn't admit partial academic qualifiers anymore or
3) get those "academic scholarships" from each individual county in the state to then walk on to the football team.

They're in a low population area of the country and their appeal isn't that great since everybody's on TV now, so it's harder for them to get some of the best players from Texas, New Jersey, California, Florida, etc. They've been on more of a level playing field for a while and it's not been to their advantage.

That said, just like with any school, get an amazing coach and they'll be great again, but I don't see them projecting well going forward. As for my grouping them with those 4 Ivies, read the section header again.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.