Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Well Howdy Do

9,676 Views | 73 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Jugstore Cowboy
stestro
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TexasRebel said:

Belldozer1 said:

Yeah I believe OU has the talent to compete for the conference from day 1. Our D has improved and continues to improve under Grinch. Couple that with the best offensive signal caller in the nation and I don't think you'll have many folks realistically expect anything less from OU.

Just wonder if anyone has pointed out that Kyler Murray ran away from the SEC.
LOL...Murray ran away from A&M.

OU will do just fine in the SEC.
ag94ag
AG
So this post kind of reminds me of the ou players in the bathroom that messed with the MMA boys.
illegitima non carborundum
TexasRebel
AG
stestro said:

TexasRebel said:

Belldozer1 said:

Yeah I believe OU has the talent to compete for the conference from day 1. Our D has improved and continues to improve under Grinch. Couple that with the best offensive signal caller in the nation and I don't think you'll have many folks realistically expect anything less from OU.

LOL...Murray ran away from A&M.
Because he got hit by 'bama.
Ex-liberalag12
ou will definitely do better than tu, and not bad in the sec (scum evasive conference). They will be around #5 in the conference. Enjoy...
Bonfire1996
AG
Sooner dumbasses:

1. You have 3 seniors in your two deep on DL
2. You have half your 2 deep at DE that are Freshmen under 250 pounds
3. You don't have a single Noseguard or Defensive Tackle over 300 lbs on your roster.

You can trust us when we say you aren't ready to compete for a championship.
Ex-liberalag12
Bonfire1996 said:

Sooner dumbasses:

3. You don't have a single Noseguard or Defensive Tackle over 300 lbs on your roster.

ou starts fine but wears down in the 3rd and 4th quarters. Now close your eyes and imagine being in the sec.. LOL
BreNayPop
AG
Depth is the biggest thing we learned the importance of from our early seasons in the SEC. depth is imperative. And big12 teams don't have it. That's why ou can usually hang for a while, but get worn down even with their high powered offense. And defensive depth takes time to build to quality. I hope y'all come to the sec and think ou will do fine in their first 5 years. Tu is fooked
Bonfire1996
AG
liberalag12 said:

Bonfire1996 said:

Sooner dumbasses:

ou starts fine but wears down in the 3rd and 4th quarters. Now close your eyes and imagine being in the sec.. LOL

Research our first several Novembers in the SEC. it's a freaking grind
Alpha Texan
AG
You're taking a lot of flak. Usually texags is a, mmmmmmm ~slightly~ more civilized place, most the people on here are just extra rude because it's a bit of an emotional time for them.

For starters, nobody competes with Bama for the conference championship. Sorry but until you actually beat them once, don't expect to beat them (I say the same to aggies right now: don't expect to beat Bama). I think you have the POTENTIAL to compete for the championship, but to think you will is super optimistic.

Even beyond Bama, Pittman at Arky is committed to building that program and I believe he will, both the Mississippi schools aren't great but watch out, those coaches are a couple of trolls who may not win much, but they seem destined to make the top teams stumble. LSU is never easy. Kentucky is building a good program, UT will eventually get a good coach (should've kept Pruitt), and Florida and Georgia are trouble. You don't get to breathe easy and play teams like Baylor or West Virginia anymore, even the "meh" teams in the SEC can poison your good season.

I'm excited to have OU in the conference! Enjoy getting to be a part of the big show!
Ex-liberalag12
Bonfire1996 said:

liberalag12 said:

Bonfire1996 said:

Sooner dumbasses:

Research our first several Novembers in the SEC. it's a freaking grind

Right, I agree with ya Bonfire. This is gonna be glorious.
TexasRebel
AG
Beat 'Bama already.
Nino Brown
For the life of me I'll never understand why people in mobile homes waste their money on hard drugs.
APHIS AG
Belldozer1 said:

Gooner here just wanted to stop by and say howdy to my future and fellow hoi polloi conference mates. Looking forward to some great football matchups. I'm hopeful we're able to start our SEC schedule next year and not 2025. Might as well get it started ASAP. Should be some great recruiting battles. I believe OU has the talent right now to come in and compete for the conference in year 1 and I expect recruiting to start picking up even more once official word comes down when we start actual play. Looking forward to the dialogue.
You are going to find out that you are not in the BDF anymore and will be playing a "real" schedule.
stestro
Nino Brown said:

For the life of me I'll never understand why people in mobile homes waste their money on hard drugs.
It's because they live in mobile homes.
Snap E Tom
OP GFY.

The end.
agent-maroon
AG
Nino Brown said:

Hard drugs... Mobile homes...

Mobile homes... Hard drugs...

Chicken... Egg...

Egg... Chicken...
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Belldozer1
TexasRebel said:

Belldozer1 said:

I'm sure if he had to do it all over again he'd have stayed with mediocre coaching and choose not to win the Heisman and be the 1st pick of the NFL draft
Belldozer1
Bonfire1996 said:

Sooner dumbasses:

Was that Florida defense last year considered an SEC defense? Just wondering because it really wasn't anything to write home about, ask Rattler
oklacityag75
AG
Belldozer1
woodlees said:

Belldozer1 said:

Gooner here just wanted to stop by and say howdy to my future and fellow hoi polloi conference mates. Looking forward to some great football matchups. I'm hopeful we're able to start our SEC schedule next year and not 2025. Might as well get it started ASAP. Should be some great recruiting battles. I believe OU has the talent right now to come in and compete for the conference in year 1 and I expect recruiting to start picking up even more once official word comes down when we start actual play. Looking forward to the dialogue.
Gooner

Hey land thief . Go find another website to hang out on, maybe with other land thieves.

You are going to get your butts kicked week in and week out in the SEC'

Gonna be fun to watch

No more conf championships for you, sorry bout that
Look just because we're all going to be in the same conference doesn't mean we all have the same outcome. If you recall A&M struggled in the Big 12, then turned around and and have struggled in the SEC. You had a better year last year but good grief some of yall act like you've been cranking out CC's all along over here. Not even close. I'm not saying OU will come in and overtake Bama from the get go, I'm saying OU will have the talent to come in and compete for the CC from the get go.
northeastag
AG
Well, Norman really sucks. It's Oklahoma, for gosh sakes. Worse even than College Station.

And when OU gets butt stomped by a few SEC teams and ends up in the leftover bowl a few years in a row, ya gotta worry about what happens with recruiting. They've got a great built in advertisement now that they'll just have to win one or two tough games and they go to the championship, but that's all gone once the SEC starts beating them up. Sure, they'll win a lot of games, but its hard to run the gauntlet and end up undefeated (just ask us!).

Is there any rational reason that over the long term they should be in any different situation than Mizzou or the Mississippi schools?
SEC-Ag
AG
Belldozer1 said:

Hi Corby!
Ags4DaWin
Belldozer1 said:

You regularly get curb stomped by bama.

You need to learn how to play defense before u can compete. You will learn this the hard way and it will certainly be fun to watch.

Sooner delusion is real with this one.
Ags4DaWin
Belldozer1 said:

woodlees said:

Belldozer1 said:

Gooner

Hey land thief . Go find another website to hang out on, maybe with other land thieves.

You are going to get your butts kicked week in and week out in the SEC'

Gonna be fun to watch

No more conf championships for you, sorry bout that
Look just because we're all going to be in the same conference doesn't mean we all have the same outcome. If you recall A&M struggled in the Big 12, then turned around and and have struggled in the SEC. You had a better year last year but good grief some of yall act like you've been cranking out CC's all along over here. Not even close. I'm not saying OU will come in and overtake Bama from the get go, I'm saying OU will have the talent to come in and compete for the CC from the get go.

No you won't.

Games in the SEC aren't won 65-63 like the BigXII. The SEC is not a flag football league like ur used to

You have no defense.

Your offensive and defensive fronts are weak as **** and will get worn down by attrition in the SEC.

halfway through the season your team will collapse just like the aggies used to because of the grueling schedule.

good luck. you will need it.
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
OU can compete in year 1 but compete and win are two totally different things.
rondis23
AG
We have the Florida JV team to thank for letting OU get big headed. Florida laying an egg in that bowl game would make anyone feel like world beaters. They easily forgot those back to back loses against the Mighty KSU and Iowa State Real Quick!
rootube
AG
Stay golden pony boy!
HECUBUS
AG
Don't underestimate the Sooners.
https://www.google.com/imgres
wbt5845
AG
Has anyone told this guy OU will no longer have effectively open dates scattered through the schedule of Baylor, Kansas State, Kansas, etc, to give the team a chance to rest up?
buppy

ELGINAG
AG
To OP- Yes,of course. And let me know when Elvis gets here.
My 5000th post goes to the land thieves and not the orange clowns.
whatthehey78
AG
Belldozer1 said:

As memory serves...what I "realistically expect" from ou is players drawing unearned pay checks from local Ok business establishments. Defense...you've obviously learned nothing from ou's playoff experiences and you're about to get a serious lesson in Big Boy (read REAL) football.
Alexander, Caesar, Charlemagne, and myself founded empires; but upon what foundation did we rest the creations of our genius? Upon force! But Jesus Christ founded His upon love; and at this hour millions of men would die for Him. - Napoleon Bonaparte
bryanw1995
AG
Alpha Texan said:

You're taking a lot of flak. Usually texags is a, mmmmmmm ~slightly~ more civilized place, most the people on here are just extra rude because it's a bit of an emotional time for them.

For starters, nobody competes with Bama for the conference championship. Sorry but until you actually beat them once, don't expect to beat them (I say the same to aggies right now: don't expect to beat Bama). I think you have the POTENTIAL to compete for the championship, but to think you will is super optimistic.

Even beyond Bama, Pittman at Arky is committed to building that program and I believe he will, both the Mississippi schools aren't great but watch out, those coaches are a couple of trolls who may not win much, but they seem destined to make the top teams stumble. LSU is never easy. Kentucky is building a good program, UT will eventually get a good coach (should've kept Pruitt), and Florida and Georgia are trouble. You don't get to breathe easy and play teams like Baylor or West Virginia anymore, even the "meh" teams in the SEC can poison your good season.

I'm excited to have OU in the conference! Enjoy getting to be a part of the big show!
This is a good explanation of what OU can expect. Every single game will just be a grind. All 7 SEC West teams are top 25 (or top 10) capable every. single. year. Was it 2 years ago when 4 of us were ranked in the top 10 at one point? And that was before Leach and Kiffin took over the Mississippi schools. The SEC will be even more insanely competitive going forward than it has been in the past.

Having said that, people who think OU doesn't have the depth or talent to compete in year 1 are sadly mistaken. They've dominated a pretty good power 5 conference for 6 years now. They'll be strong and certainly have a shot at a title or major bowl, but a 7-5 first season wouldn't be out of the question, either.
aggiehawg
AG
You will be slaughtered. No depth. Little defense and zero depth on that too.

You will be here on game threads, right? Take your medicine?

Yeah, didn't think so.
e=mc2
AG
Belldozer1 said:

Welcome. The SEC is a great conference. I think the Sooners are a top 7 team this year. Maybe top 5. But I would not think that if they were in the SEC. I'd say top 15. The DLs and LBs in this league are freaks and that's what gets the Big 12 teams beat. And every team but Arkansas has them in the west.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.