Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Mad about tsips in the SEC? Why?

7,591 Views | 59 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Signel
ironmanag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Why?

Have you seen the number of fake ags and bevo blowers on this board in the last week?

That's why.
joeagg321
AG
This will ultimately end our storied rivalry game with South Carolina. Unacceptable. We never even got the chance to play USCEast in the Alamodome. Stinkin' t.u.
Spyderman
AG
maroongoon95 said:

Why is everyone so upset about a mediocre big 12 football team ( sips) entering a superior conference and playing a top 4 SEC, football team , being us, every year? What are y'all scared of? We are at the highest level of football in the history of our program. And I can see a natty within 3 years. The sips will be mediocre as long as Sark is there. Yes, they will improve in recruiting, but there culture will remain blah for years to come. Yes, we are going to get some " We're back" here and there, but nothing solid for years to come. Meanwhile, the Aggies will continue to steamroll, and Jimbo will be here for a long time. Relax zoo. It will be ok
They won't always be mediocre. Main reason I suppose is being an aggiefan I don't want to help them in any form or fashion. Ditto for OU.
Grab some popcorn...why the ongoing cover-up? The Phenomenon: FF to 1:22:35 https://tubitv.com/movies/632920/the-phenomenon

An est. 68 MILLION Americans, including 19 MILLION Black Children, have been killed in the WOMB since 1973-act, pray and vote accordingly.

TAMU purpose statement: To develop leaders of character dedicated to serving the greater good. Team entrance song at KYLE FIELD is laced with profanity including THE Nword..
The greater good?
aggiehawg
AG
joeagg321 said:

This will ultimately end our storied rivalry game with South Carolina. Unacceptable. We never even got the chance to play USCEast in the Alamodome. Stinkin' t.u.
We don't have a rivalry game with South Carolina. They play Clemson during rivalry week. And the funniest thing is that Spurrier was coming off of really great season when we were placed as their cross division permanent game. The SEC thought they were making it harder for us, not easier.

Waiting to see if OU and tu get new-guyed too. My wager is that they will both be coddled like the crying babies they are and have been since Nebraska, Colorado, A&M and Mizzoo got tired of their crap (that includes sooners) and left.
Nino Brown
Same reason I dumped my ex. Narcissism is exhausting and annoying as ****.

Also, because I hate Wal-Mart. But it is fun to kick the narcissists' ass. However, going to Austin to watch college football is not the same as Kyle, Tiger Stadium, the Swamp, Bryant-Denny, Reynolds, Neyland or even Williams-Bryce.

Going to DKR is the only place in the SEC, if they do actually go, that I'd be scared for my safety around the stadium.
NonReg81
Do not worry about the teasips. They will to face the same teams that we do.
aggiehawg
AG
Nino Brown said:

Same reason I dumped my ex. Narcissism is exhausting and annoying as ****.

Also, because I hate Wal-Mart. But it is fun to kick the narcissists' ass. However, going to Austin to watch college football is not the same as Kyle, Tiger Stadium, the Swamp, Bryant-Denny, Neyland or even Williams-Bryce.

Going to DKR is the only place in the SEC, if they do actually go, that I'd be scared for my safety around the stadium.
Yeah, agree. Think the SEC fan attendance will fall off after one trip to Feces-Austin.
EllisCoAg
AG
aggiehawg said:

texan12
BusterAg said:

Because, with tu in the SEC, we will lose some of our recruits to them, and that will make it harder for us to beat Bama.

It's clear as day.

Bama won't be good forever like the the years between Stallings and Saban. If Dabo takes over there may still be some hiccups.

The Gators are the only team in the SEC from FL which doesn't guarantee them success, even with FSU and the U in the gutter the past ten years. Conversely, the state of Florida is proof that three teams simultaneously can be competitive. Perhaps coaches like Spurrier, Bowden, and Butch Jones had more to
do with it.

Also, recruiting since tu won a title has changed drastically because TX high schools don't produce SEC caliber defenders anymore (mainly LB's and safety's). We have to compete with several other teams and states now for them.
TAMU74
AG
What's upsetting to me about these two clowns schools join the SEC is that in no way does it benefit A&M expect from the financial perspective.
We just gave up our ace in the hole card for recruiting. Will we still recruit well? Yes we will.
As I posted on another thread, if the situation were reversed do you think the sips and land thieves would be voting yes to bring us into the conference?
Hell no they would not!
The sips were slowly sinking into obscurity and they know it. We just threw my life line.
They would have not done the same for us.
texan12
Looking at the Rivals top 50 players from 2018 to current, TX may have some stand-out offensive players which is great, but to build a defense we have already expanded outside of TX due to necessity. Tx is severely lacking great defenders since the spread offense converted previous safeties and LBs to TEs and
WRs.

tu and OU will have to start winning in order to get these out of staters since it's not a selling point for a player in LA or GA to come to TX when they're already in SEC country. Along with winning I just don't see them having the coaching staff in place right now to culturally fit the SEC either. Sark spent more time in the PAC than the SEC and Riley can't field a defense.

BSCE84ag
AG
Jarrin' Jay said:

Because I want to play an SEC schedule as an SEC team, do not want to play cow, OU, and Mizzou every year.....
Exactly what I was thinking. I dont want to play same old big 12 west teams.
aggiehawg
AG
Wait a minute, about that new deal with ESPN for the CBS slot.

Quote:

Under the package, ESPN and ABC have rights to broadcast the league's 15 best football matchups as well as eight marquee basketball games. ABC now has rights to the SEC football championship game, which it will air in its traditional late-afternoon slot. And starting next year, the network can broadcast one nonconference football matchup on ESPN+ with each team.
Link
aggiehawg
AG
Same link.

Quote:

The new deal will not change the conference's philosophy on Thursday- or Friday-night games, Sankey says: There will be none. However, the week before the SEC championship, ESPN or ABC will feature an annual late-afternoon, post-Thanksgiving Friday game. The league has not determined what two teams will meet in the yearly affair. Most recently, the borderclash between Arkansas and Missouri has held that spot.
So no Thanksgiving Day game, then.
QB1
AG
Idk maybe bc our bor, president, and who knows who else voted to overturn a 100yr decision in like 9 yrs. real question is why are you not mad? I mean maybe you know what the bor meant when they said "disagree with the communication process"???? I sure as hell don't know what they meant.
BusterAg
AG
TAMU74 said:

What's upsetting to me about these two clowns schools join the SEC is that in no way does it benefit A&M expect from the financial perspective.
We just gave up our ace in the hole card for recruiting. Will we still recruit well? Yes we will.
As I posted on another thread, if the situation were reversed do you think the sips and land thieves would be voting yes to bring us into the conference?
Hell no they would not!
The sips were slowly sinking into obscurity and they know it. We just threw my life line.
If the situation was reversed, and OU was against allowing OSU into the conference, for example, and every other member of the SEC told OU they were going to vote yes, OU would likely vote yes.

Disney made the decision for the conference, by talking with their wallet.

Voting no to make it 13-1 would just make us look petty.
TexasRebel
AG
abstaining to make it 13-0 would have been epic.
BusterAg
AG
TexasRebel said:

abstaining to make it 13-0 would have been epic.
I agree with this, actually.
West texas fan
Yes but the best thing to do is BEAT THEM ALL!!! Over and over again and again
West texas fan
They will be if we beat them into it and keep beating them to keep them there! Win and all that other stuff no longer matters
aeon-ag
maroongoon95 said:

Why is everyone so upset about a mediocre big 12 football team ( sips) entering a superior conference and playing a top 4 SEC, football team , being us, every year? What are y'all scared of? We are at the highest level of football in the history of our program. And I can see a natty within 3 years. The sips will be mediocre as long as Sark is there. Yes, they will improve in recruiting, but there culture will remain blah for years to come. Yes, we are going to get some " We're back" here and there, but nothing solid for years to come. Meanwhile, the Aggies will continue to steamroll, and Jimbo will be here for a long time. Relax zoo. It will be ok
Sonny, apprently you haven't been around to witness those arrogant B@st@ards.How many times have yo left Kyle Field after an A&M loss with the SOB's in your face. Just wait until you get your nose rubbed in the tu BS!!!!!!
aeon-ag
StonewallAggieDEFENSE said:

Don't be pissed at the sips. They just wanna run beside big brother's coattails. Be pissed at our our leadership(?) and the backstabbing conference this has shockingly become.
After the first game with those t@rds, you'll change you new army tune!!!!
aeon-ag
TAMU74 said:

Hell no they would not!
EXACTLY!!!!! They would laugh in our face if the roles were reversed. Why can't these little new army boys listen to some Ol'Army experience?! They know it all!!!!!
Ihatefallscounty
AG
We were here first, suck it sips
I live in waco....therefore, I am ready to move elsewhere.
TopoTacos
AG
I mean the Sips are jerks and we hate them, this is well known and documented.

However, it's not the death knell that all these doomsayers on this website think it is. The Sips CAN'T come in and swing their nuts around like they did in the Big12. Read that again- not that they won't try, THEY WONT BE ABLE TO.

Bama, UGa, UF, and LSU all make more money than god (just like we do) and they don't owe Texas anything nor is their relevancy harmed by them. The Horns are just going to be 1 of 16, no matter how loudly they try to moan.

As far as recruiting, most blue chip kids want to play in state, play for a winner, and most importantly have a real path to the NFL. Over the past 5 years we've sent more players to the league than Texas did and we're putting forth at least 3-4 more first round guys this season alone (unless they want to saddle up for our title defense).

It ain't gonna be like it used to.
Signel
AG
Meh.. don't even care anymore. Sadly, college football as we've known it is gone. I'm fine with NIL and the kids making money, but in the end, I just don't care as much anymore.

I'd rather have a semi-pro league so the good players can move on, and we can see college football. I've never cared for pro sports personally.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.