Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Latest News On the Children

9,973 Views | 47 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by 1876er
Post removed:
by user
ABATTBQ11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AgPediRPh said:

Rebel Yell said:

AgDotCom said:

OK State has the best overall athletic program of that bunch. If anyone finds a landing spot, it should be them.

Kansas will get picked up for basketball.
Baylor is pretty good at basketball too

But they're also good at murder and rape
aggiehawg
AG
This conference media deal was inked in 2019 and took effect last year (talk about about bad timing with covid.)

Quote:

ESPN and the American Athletic Conference are in the process of renegotiating the terms of their recently minted 12-year, $1 billion media rights deal to account for the University of Connecticut's impending departure for the Big East Conference.
Quote:

"Obviously for us, we did the deal with UConn as part of the conference. That was our preference that UConn would be there," Dawson said Thursday at the Learfield IMG College Intercollegiate Athletics Forum presented by Sports Business Journal. "The school made their decision, which we respect and, much like any time this happens in terms of membership change, there's a process that's outlined in the agreement that we're working through."

Sports Business Journal in June reported the presence of a "composition clause" in the AAC-ESPN deal, but it was unclear at the time whether ESPN would exercise its right to renegotiate the deal if UConn decided to leave. The AAC and UConn announced in July that they had agreed on terms to allow the school to exit the conference on July 1, 2020, which reportedly included a $17 million exit fee.
The renegotiation is likely to hinge on the perceived value of the UConn brand relative to the rest of the geographically disparate conference. Aresco downplayed UConn's significance to the deal, pointing out its lack of success in football, the most-viewed college sport in the country.

"We're still very powerful," Aresco said at the forum. "UConn was a struggling football brand, so if anything our football might even be a bit stronger."

He added, "We're not worried at all about the value we're providing to ESPN, even with 11 schools."
Link

If the geographically challenging AAC is a 12 year billion dollar deal. What would that reconstituted Big XII be worth?
Saint Arnold
AG
The new AAC...

East:
UCF
Cincinnati
ECU
South FL
Temple
Tulane
WV
Memphis

West:
Houston
SMU
Tulsa
Tech
Okie State
KSU
Baylor
TCU

KU & ISU to B1G.

No more B12.

aaand, we're done.

Ian Neff
AG
BadAggie said:

Maybe the sips will have a major hand in killing off college football altogether.

This is exactly right.
dixichkn
AG
Damn shame. I'm gonna miss Gundy.
Eso si, Que es
dixichkn said:

Maybe he will finally take a job somewhere else. I get the loyalty up until now, but if Okie Lite gets shafted, he should consider another school
Iowaggie
AG
dixichkn said:

To make you feel a bit old. He's going to be 54 next football season.

Post removed:
by user
aggiehawg
AG
My Name Is Judge
Eso si, Que es said:

dixichkn said:

Maybe he will finally take a job somewhere else. I get the loyalty up until now, but if Okie Lite gets shafted, he should consider another school

I could be off here on the whole but anecdotally the funny thing I've noticed talking to okie lite grads is that they don't like gundy & think they can do better.

I've always wondered wth they're smoking as I think he overachieves most years

I feel for them the most in this thing

Tech & baylor crashing is hilarious though. Couldn't have happened to bigger pieces of ****
Post removed:
by user
Potcake
AG
Easy to guess OP from thread title alone.
1876er
AG
AgDotCom said:

OK State has the best overall athletic program of that bunch. If anyone finds a landing spot, it should be them.

Oklahoma state is a small school in a rural area of a tiny state with little football history. They're ****ed.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.