Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Latest News On the Children

9,967 Views | 47 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by 1876er
wbt5845
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

1. Kansas and Iowa State in talks with B1G. Finding interest.

2. Kansas State - No one wants them

3. Texas Tech, Oklahoma State - Trying to talk to Pac 12 - getting little traction.

4. Baylor, TCU - We're ****ed.

5. West Virginia - Trying to talk to ACC. Some interest, but not much.
Showstopper
AG
Hey guys, remember us? Let's put the band back together!!!

AgDotCom
OK State has the best overall athletic program of that bunch. If anyone finds a landing spot, it should be them.
Rebel Yell
AG
AgDotCom said:

OK State has the best overall athletic program of that bunch. If anyone finds a landing spot, it should be them.

Kansas will get picked up for basketball.
“I don’t even sit on the left side of church”
AgPediRPh
AG
Rebel Yell said:

AgDotCom said:

Baylor is pretty good at basketball too
redjalapeno-87
Ou/tu dropped the kids like a red-headed step child. Didn't even answer any of the kids questions. But no negative media coverage of the aftermath. haha. Seems like old times. Maybe they get adopted. Who knows.
whatthehey78
AG
AgPediRPh said:

Rebel Yell said:

AgDotCom said:

Baylor is pretty good at basketball too
That would be "once in a blue moon".
Alexander, Caesar, Charlemagne, and myself founded empires; but upon what foundation did we rest the creations of our genius? Upon force! But Jesus Christ founded His upon love; and at this hour millions of men would die for Him. - Napoleon Bonaparte
Ferg
Kansas and Iowa State are the two AAU schools, so most likely candidates for the Big10 academically.
whatthehey78
AG
My concern for the lower tier pgms is there won't be enough $ for all of them to stay at the table. The fees to join the game have become unreasonable and a lot more kids will play their last game as Sr's in HS. Some pgms will likely face bankruptcy and costs to attend college will rise. $/Greed have now ruined college sports.

Instead...I wish it were pro sports that were suffering.
Alexander, Caesar, Charlemagne, and myself founded empires; but upon what foundation did we rest the creations of our genius? Upon force! But Jesus Christ founded His upon love; and at this hour millions of men would die for Him. - Napoleon Bonaparte
Aggieair
Rebel Yell said:

AgDotCom said:

Kansas will, but Okie States football program will bring in more money.
DTX_12
AG
Purely just thinking about teams and leagues that make sense and totally ignoring TV deals and money, it seems like the Big12 would be better off just trying to add teams and accept the fact that they really aren't a major conference anymore. I don't see how it makes sense for all the teams to find new conferences. The only thing that makes sense is the northern teams going B1G, but I'm not sure why they would want anyone except Kansas.
Maroon Dawn
AG
PAC is the only realistic option for OSU/TTU and maybe TCU (Baptists have no hope, TCU is at least a secular university but they don't do research)

But even then, you can't make the argument that any of them would increase the PACs pay

ISU/KSU probably only ones with any hope and even that's not much. B1G is probably looking to expand with ACC/PAC programs itself
Rock1982
AG
DTX_12 said:

Purely just thinking about teams and leagues that make sense and totally ignoring TV deals and money, it seems like the Big12 would be better off just trying to add teams and accept the fact that they really aren't a major conference anymore. I don't see how it makes sense for all the teams to find new conferences. The only thing that makes sense is the northern teams going B1G, but I'm not sure why they would want anyone except Kansas.

I'm thinking you are right. Maybe:
OK State
Tech
Baylor
TCU
SMU
Kansas State
Iowa State
Rice

Who else?
BadAggie
AG
We'll see how long a big program superconference model lasts. A lot of people attend and are fans of second tier programs, the tcehs, Cougar Highs, Okie Lites, Washington States, Virginia Techs, NC States, etc

aggiehawg
AG
Rock1982 said:

DTX_12 said:

OK State
Tech
Baylor
TCU
SMU
Kansas State
Iowa State
Rice

Who else?
Colorado State? Memphis? Cincy? Directional Louisiana school? Arky State? Wouldn't be a P5 conference anymore, a G6 one.
BadAggie
AG
Entertainment including sports has its share of consolidation but there is also an explosion in customization and alternatives. The point here is sports has to compete with a lot and the growth needed to make these tv/streaming deals pay off might not materialize.
Dominion Caracas Branch
No big conference is going to want baylor or tcu. pac12 would take tech, okielite, and even uh before those two. They have an institutional bias (same with b10) against religious schools, and those two are worthless in the coming landscape (and it general).

Quote:

We'll see how long a big program superconference model lasts. A lot of people attend and are fans of second tier programs, the tcehs, Cougar Highs, Okie Lites, Washington States, Virginia Techs, NC States, etc
I do think this is going to be an issue. If you relegate all but about a couple dozen schools to permanent lower class status in cfb, how long before their fans just tune out cfb in general. You've already seen it with the playoffs. The novelty of the same 16 teams competing for a title will wear thin on the non-die hards and other schools' fans might resent it in general.
BadAggie
AG
If someone can stream their favorite school's games what do they care that there's a SEC superconference?

Maybe they stop watching college football altogether if their school is frozen out. We'll see how long this trend lasts.

Sports in general has become less watchable, far too many commercial breaks, challenges, and so on.
BadAggie
AG
Okie Lite is a decent, not small school and program. A college football model in which they are relegated to nothing isn't going to lead to long term success of the sport, IMO.
BadAggie
AG
Maybe the sips will have a major hand in killing off college football altogether.
GIF Reactor
AG
Meant to put this on another thread
GIF Reactor
AG
Wrong thread
Rock1982
AG
My updated guess:

OK State
Tech
Baylor
TCU
SMU
Kansas State
Iowa State
Rice
Colorado State
New Mexico
BYU
Air Force

APHIS AG
AgDotCom said:

It is not how successful an athletic program is but the revenue and ratings it can generate and OK State can get neither.
Z Team
AG
It would make sense for the children to stay together and force OU and tu to forfeit their money. They would all split major money and then they could have the funds to buy their way into whatever conference they wanted.

They presently don't get equal revenue sharing and then it would be divided into 8 shares. It would put them on an incredible payout they have never seen before.
FtBendTxAg
AG
Optics of the SEC getting tu and OU and the big 10 getting Iowa St and KU are very poor.
MCAg09
AG
Why does Kansas need to be in a big conference because they have a good basketball team? Gonzaga is not in a big conference and they're still relevant.
Turf96
whatthehey78 said:

My concern for the lower tier pgms is there won't be enough $ for all of them to stay at the table. The fees to join the game have become unreasonable and a lot more kids will play their last game as Sr's in HS. Some pgms will likely face bankruptcy and costs to attend college will rise. $/Greed have now ruined college sports.

Instead...I wish it were pro sports that were suffering.

Are we not paying college players now? If so they is pro sports. Now you see where the real issue started. College football is all but dead to many of us just like NFL.

TU and OU are just rancid cheaters that add to the speed of the destruction.
rootube
AG
If the B10 wanted Kansas or Iowa St they would already be in the B10. My prediction is that zero old B12 make the jump to any power conference.

Just remember when the PAC made an offer to the old B12 they weren't interested in KU or ISU and nothing has changes since then.

Consider this, when the dust settles there will be four teams in a power conference from California and only two from Texas. Mind boggling.
45-70Ag
AG
Makes sense why mulkey left baylor with the program she had going.

If this has been in the works for months, she may have heard something and knew baylor would fall out of a major conference.
Dominion Caracas Branch
BadAggie said:

Maybe the sips will have a major hand in killing off college football altogether.
It would be quite the feather to add to their cap of feathers for killing off other conferences.
94chem
I wonder if when the NCAA break occurs, NIL funding hits in full force, and scholarships get reduced, if it will be the end of women's sports at these big programs.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
A-A Ron
https://www.si.com/college/2021/07/25/big-12-considers-added-revenue-shares-texas-oklahoma-sec-move?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=news_tab&utm_content=algorithm

This proves even the Big 12 doesn't care about the other 8 schools, basically telling them to bend over and take it while we cater to cow and blow U (not that they haven't done this before now) just not trying to hide it anymore. You can't tell me that being in a different or even lesser conference isn't better than being jerked around like this all the time. Just my opinion.
rootube
AG
Aaron4885 said:

https://www.si.com/college/2021/07/25/big-12-considers-added-revenue-shares-texas-oklahoma-sec-move?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=news_tab&utm_content=algorithm

This proves even the Big 12 doesn't care about the other 8 schools, basically telling them to bend over and take it while we cater to cow and blow U (not that they haven't done this before now) just not trying to hide it anymore. You can't tell me that being in a different or even lesser conference isn't better than being jerked around like this all the time. Just my opinion.

Well if you need money and visibility, which appears to be the engine driving this, it matters a lot. This is why they would tuck their tails and offer more shares to horn and OU to try and convince them to stay.
pinche gringo
AG
Rock1982 said:

DTX_12 said:

OK State
Tech
Baylor
TCU
SMU
Kansas State
Iowa State
Rice

Who else?

UH, LA Tech, Tulsa, Arkansas State
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.