Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Does anyone on here have any love left for the SEC?

27,530 Views | 154 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by 4
zgolfz85
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I don't. I think to me, that's the most frustrating and upsetting part about all of this. For the last decade, just saying "SEC" brought a smile to all of our faces. It meant something. We were part of something special and it was heads and shoulders above the type of "community" any other conference could pretend to have. We all fit in. We were on top as a conference and there wasn't a close 2nd.

All of that is gone now. There's no excitement to being in the SEC now for a lot of reasons. We made this conference a **** ton of money and for what, to have them go behind the scenes and court our rivals behind our backs? You have 2 other AAU schools in the entire conference and one of those happens to be the 2nd most profitable athletic dept in collegiate sports, just recently edged out by tu. And this is how you treat that brand?

**** the SEC. There's no affinity there anymore. It doesn't mean dick to me or any other Ag anymore. Who cares. This isn't woe is me, it just is what it is. The SEC had something special and sold its soul. This benefits no one in this conference. Not one school will benefit here. The cons far outweigh the increase in revenue. Much like the state of Texas and that dump of a city where tu is located, the SEC is losing their character and their way with this move. OU kind of fits the mold at least personality-wise. tu is so over the top liberal at this point, its once lovely campus is a big ol homeless stain these days and Austin has NONE of the "cool" aspects that once made it such a fun and unique town.

Superconferences, NIL, backstabbing, players ditching bowl games.....so much for the sport of college football that so many of us called our favorite sport.

Aside from everything, every Aggie should feel slighted in the way that this has gone down. We're not Iowa State, we're not Arizona State or Pitt or some other spare school that just doesn't move the needle for their respective conferences. If it absolutely had to happen to get ahead on the inevitable super conference arms race (which all of us were told was decades away), then so be it. But, for it to happen like this? F the SEC. We're clearly not family and we're better than this (and not in the whorns unjustifiably arrogant ways).
My Name Is Judge
No

Bunch of back stabbing hoes

Win a Natty & then gtfo out of this scumbag conference
PatriotAg02
AG
Just like with every thing else in the world, college football is going down the drain. The world is going down the drain. Pretty obvious the 7 deadly sins rule the day now.

I have very little desire to follow sports anymore. Just like with everything else, it's all about the money.
Midnight Rider
AG
Sheesh. I still love the SEC. I'll love beating tu every year.

Get a puppy
Maroon Dawn
AG
Well said

I absolutely don't care anymore

We just got sold back into our subservient B12 status so the SEC could make a little bit more money (it's not going to be the huge amounts they think it is)

And as bad as the SEC was, our own leadership approved it without a fight so they could enjoy the Vandy life of cashing SEC checks without a care in the world about actually winning

Done putting my time and money into this program
Eso si, Que es
I agree, I am bitter AF from what I am hearing.

But we are still a part of THE premier college football conference, which has just become even stronger, and denied growth for other conferences. But we definitely got F'd
Maroon Dawn
AG
Midnight Rider said:

Get a puppy

You'll be one of the first ones here complaining after a sip fan ref gives them the victory on a BS call in the first game of the series in Austin
GIF Reactor
AG
I don't love it as much with the sips and OU in it. Someone needs to post the 2/3rds empty DKR with the tag line "It just means more"
zgolfz85
AG
Maroon Dawn said:

Midnight Rider said:

Get a puppy

You'll be one of the first ones here complaining after a sip fan ref gives them the victory on a BS call in the first game of the series in Austin
10000%
Win At Life
AG
In the new era of NIL, where big money paying players will separate the haves from the have-nots, we're not leaving a conference that now has 7 of the top 10 biggest athletic budgets in the country.

https://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/finances
zgolfz85
AG
it was our last frontier too.....NFL is woke trash, NBA is even woker trash, MLB is boring af, college hoops is great still, but would be a lot more exciting if we were relevant again. golf is great at least, but it doesn't get me chubbed up like a prime time ranked on ranked college football game. hockey is boring until playoffs.

I guess I'm going to have to spend more time with my wife now?
msubulldogntx
I really like A&M and it's sad to me if this is the mindset of many of its fans. Everything I've read on this matter had Texas and OU reaching out to the SEC. As I mentioned in another post that would be extremely flattering to me if I were an A&M fan. Is the SEC supposed to tell them not interested to only appease A&M? It's still virtually the same conference. If you want to be mad at anyone, turn it towards tu and ou for copying y'all.

I've read conflicting things about leaving A&M in the dark to including them fully in the process. Does it really matter which is correct? A vote has to happen regardless. Random thoughts I still think A&M has an incredible thing going in the grand scheme of things.
msubulldogntx
One SEC AD said Texas will be treated the exact same as every other SEC school. This isn't the old Big 12 or SWC.
GIF Reactor
AG
msubulldogntx said:

One SEC AD said Texas will be treated the exact same as every other SEC school. This isn't the old Big 12 or SWC.

That's not how Texas operates. Give them time, you'll see.
black_ice
**** the SEC
zgolfz85
AG
msubulldogntx said:

I really like A&M and it's sad to me if this is the mindset of many of its fans. Everything I've read on this matter had Texas and OU reaching out to the SEC. As I mentioned in another post that would be extremely flattering to me if I were an A&M fan. Is the SEC supposed to tell them not interested to only appease A&M? It's still virtually the same conference. If you want to be mad at anyone, turn it towards tu and ou for copying y'all.

I've read conflicting things about leaving A&M in the dark to including them fully in the process. Does it really matter which is correct? A vote has to happen regardless. Random thoughts I still think A&M has an incredible thing going in the grand scheme of things.
Quote:

Is the SEC supposed to tell them not interested to only appease A&M?
Yes, yes they are. That was what we were led to believe when we joined. That is what our BMAs and admins were told. doesn't seem to be an issue with UF and South Carolina. the SEC got a lot bigger, a lot richer and a lot better when we joined the conference...not just in athletics, most importantly academics. No offense here, especially to such a nice poster like you bulldog, but our academic standing is so far above 90% of the other SEC schools. We've been slapped in the face here.
msubulldogntx
It may not matter how they want to operate. They'll have to play by SEC rules or go join ND in the ACC.
Maroon Dawn
AG
msubulldogntx said:

That's what they both said before the cancer killed both of them
Seriously77
Win At Life said:

In the new era of NIL, where big money paying players will separate the haves from the have-nots, we're not leaving a conference that now has 7 of the top 10 biggest athletic budgets in the country.

https://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/finances
Cutting expenses will be the next big thing, dropping sports that don't add to the bottom line. Need to free up cash .
GIF Reactor
AG
msubulldogntx said:

Would you want to live with an abusive ex-spouse if they liked the new house you moved into?
My Name Is Judge
msubulldogntx said:

I think this is extremely naive

Ask your head coach about how level the playing field is while dealing with sipy
zgolfz85
AG
Electrical_Ag said:

msubulldogntx said:

That's not how Texas operates. Give them time, you'll see.
talking with other SEC friends, this is the answer that I'm hearing and like a fellow Ag said, you'll see. texas doesn't play nice. they borderline cheat, throw hissy fits to get their way, bully and whine, which is a weird combo and act holier than thou 24/7/365. We are a more valuable brand than most of our SEC neighbors and have NEVER nor would EVER act holier than thou. That's why this is such horse *****
West Point Aggie
AG
msubulldogntx said:

It may not matter how they want to operate. They'll have to play by SEC rules or go join ND in the ACC.

Keep telling yourself that; if they can court stankey for over a year, expect them to throw their weight around soon. For someone with "tx" in his handle, you really should know this.
Let’s Go Brandon!
Maroon Dawn
AG
msubulldogntx said:

Oh I'm sure you'd feel the same if the SEC went behind your back and brought in Southern Miss
zgolfz85
AG
msubulldogntx said:

just like bama "plays by the rules?" texas acts like bama on steroids when it comes to throwing their weight around to get their way
bevokilla
AG
If Kentucky, Florida, Georgia, or SC vote yes for texas, I hope we go full scorched Earth and recruit the **** out of their in state rivals. Give me Clemson, Fla State, Louisville, and GA Tech no matter the cost. **** their Gentleman's Agreement.
GIF Reactor
AG
msubulldogntx said:

The SEC and ACC should just merge, then the PAC & B10, follow the NFL model and have college football leave the NCAA.
GIF Reactor
AG
msubulldogntx said:

That's what nobody outside of A&M & Mizzou seem to understand. Texas will actively work to change the rules to their favor. 15 yards for a horns down gesture? LOL.
My Name Is Judge
zgolfz85 said:

msubulldogntx said:

just like bama "plays by the rules?" texas acts like bama on steroids when it comes to throwing their weight around to get their way

Exactly

Bama definitely gets calls, but it's never been egregious cheating not that I've seen anyway

Bama also doesn't have a rat media mouthpiece constantly attacking & undermining other programs they see as a threat

Other than baylor getting what they deserve, the only positive here is that all these backstabbing sec pieces of **** are gonna get what they deserve from sipy
Deputy Travis Junior
The NIL ruling was the ethical move, as paying athletes a pittance to play a sport that could end their careers at any moment was bs. But between that and the new wave of money that's going to pour into the conference (this time, the tech companies are going to get in on the action) it's going to get out of control in a hurry. It's going to be the SEC, a few random blue bloods, and that's it.
Heisenberg01
AG
msubulldogntx said:

Oh bless your heart. You think sip plays by rules and won't lie and scheme till they've tilted the playing field in their favor.
GIF Reactor
AG
Deputy Travis Junior said:

The NIL ruling was the ethical move, as paying athletes a pittance to play a sport that could end their careers at any moment was bs. But between that and the new wave of money that's going to pour into the conference (this time, the tech companies are going to get in on the action) it's going to get out of control in a hurry. It's going to be the SEC, a few random blue bloods, and that's it.

I doubt the B10 will sit idly by.
93puryearag
Dude - you are overreacting to this. A&M is a Tier 1 school and in the best conference in the nation. We are not on the outside looking in- quite the opposite. OSU, ttu, Baylor, etc. are in a much more challenging position. I remember Coach Slocum beating tu several years in a row while I was in school. Don't get me wrong - I would prefer tu not be in the SEC but its not the end of the world and one upshot is the renewal of the rivalry. Frankly I would rather play those jackasses every year than some of the opponents on our annual schedule. The SEC move will likely help tu and hurt us a little but we are not staring at the edge of the abyss.
agg15
Maroon Dawn said:

Well said

We just got sold back into our subservient B12 status so the SEC could make a little bit more money (it's not going to be the huge amounts they think it is)

And as base as the SEC was, our own leadership approved it without a fight so they could enjoy the Vandy life of cashing SEC checks without a care in the world about actually winning

No one is puting us into subservience except us right now. Some of you make me sick...
We are an SEC team, and we will beat them on the field and on the recruiting trail.
If all it took was them to show up to destroy us, we don't deserve the amazing atmosphere, coaches, and players we have...

Tighten your belt and get a f'n dog!
horns, tusks, wagon wheels, we'll saw them all off...
Maroon Dawn
AG
agg15 said:

Maroon Dawn said:

Well said

And as base as the SEC was, our own leadership approved it without a fight so they could enjoy the Vandy life of cashing SEC checks without a care in the world about actually winning

No one is puting us into subservience except us right now. Some of you make me sick...
We are an SEC team, and we will beat them on the field and on the recruiting trail.
If all it took was them to show up to destroy us, we don't deserve the amazing atmosphere, coaches, and players we have...

Tighten your belt and get a f'n dog!
horns, tusks, wagon wheels, we'll saw them all off...

You can't possibly be this naive and yet you seem to be

The Mouse has declared they are to be the winner and we are to be the loser (but a well paid loser which is all our leadership cares about)

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.