Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

A&M was stupid and naive this entire time

3,693 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by JJxvi
#Mke
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
- Stupid for thinking Texas would ever "drown" or "rot away" (I tried telling some of you...)

- Stupid for thinking Texas would ever fall into irrelevancy with all that $$$

- Stupid for thinking Texas would not get into the SEC if they wanted to

- Stupid for thinking other SEC schools would back us in stopping Texas from joining

- Stupid for assuming other SEC schools would stand in support of us climbing the SEC ladder?

- Stupid for trusting a money-hungry conference that benefits financially from Texas & OU joining

- Stupid for falling for a "gentleman's agreement"

- Stupid for not getting said "gentleman's agreement" in writing

- Stupid for trusting a damn yankee commissioner

- Stupid for convincing ourselves that we would ever be away from them

In the end, we are two of the biggest brands in college football located 100 miles apart. We are destined to be conference rivals.

It sucks. I wanted to play Texas again because it's damn sports, but I did not want them in the SEC. Getting away from their filth (that our current conference mates will never understand until they experience it themselves) by moving to the SEC was the best thing we ever did. It was a brilliant move on our part. But we were stupid to assume Texas wouldn't make the exact same move once they saw how well it worked out for us. UT will never admit that it was our success that forced their hand, but their actions have proved we were right all along. Texas is moving to the SEC because they were dead wrong about everything and they need to recreate the old Big 12 South power balance that led to the only decade (2000s) in the last four decades where Texas was actually better than us at football.

Only bright spot is we have the right coach in place to make that a difficult task for them. We've got the facilities, and we've got a more level playing field than we have ever had against them, which is a direct result of us telling them to go **** themselves 10 years ago.

If their move the SEC happens, it just happens and we need to get over it because it makes logical sense. Quit trying to convince other SEC fanbases why this is bad. It makes us look pathetic, and they will never understand Texas until they experience Texas themselves. They will learn, but trying to convince them of that is futile.

There is no doubt this is the worst possible outcome that could have happened to us. We were backstabbed and treated about as badly as we could have possibly been treated by our conference, but what's new? We've dealt with that our entire existence.

We were destined to be in the same conference as Texas, and we will never truly gain an advantage over them until we can convince ourselves that we can do it head-to-head alongside them. It's time to prove we can.
AvidAggie
AG
Dear diary
Know Your Enemy
AG
That's a lot of words.
usmcbrooks
Newsletter, how do I subscribe?
rgag12
AG
Someone is in the anger phase
BQCadet
AG
tldr
#Mke
AG
usmcbrooks said:

Newsletter, how do I subscribe?
Old jokes, how do I unsubscribe?
PascalsWager
AG
We can compete on the field and both be good at the same time. Every other Texas school is about to be in Conference USA. Georgia and Florida will definitely not allow the sips to do anything weird in the longterm.

Expect the sips and us to be in a 12 team playoff together.
BeatHellOutOfTU
AG
A lot of whiny b!:&$: on here
#Mke
AG
BeatHellOutOfTU said:

A lot of whiny b!:&$: on here
Really don't want to come across that way, I've always wanted and openly supported the idea of playing the Longhorns non-conference, much to the dismay of some on this board.

What I am mad about though is the assumption from so many Aggies that this would ABSOLUTELY NEVER happen, and now the public humiliation that goes along with that. We were betrayed and kept out of the loop by our own conference, because we were stupid and naive the whole time.
Showertime at the Bidens

Sorry, but TAMU is not yet a national brand in college football. It was during the JFF years but that's been a while.
Pooh-ah95_ESL
AG
The best thing for Texas (the state) would be for us to be in two separate conferences. With a playoff expansion, being in two separate pods within the SEC is likely the 2nd best thing.

This definitely does kick A&M in the nuts and therefore we should have expected it.
tk for tu juan
If you imagine college sports as weekend entertainment like a reality show, this is a really good plot twist
W
AG
at some point...A&M leadership needs to explain their side of the story to the alumni / fanbase
aTmBonfire
AG
I believe the SEC is being stupid and nave for evening considering this idea.
DimebagsGhost
AG
Bidens leg hairs said:

Sorry, but TAMU is not yet a national brand in college football. It was during the JFF years but that's been a while.

Wrong...

Never before could we recruit outside of Texas at the level we are doing under Jimbo -- NEVER. Check your facts please
#Mke
AG
aTmBonfire said:

I believe the SEC is being stupid and nave for evening considering this idea.
This is also true. Makes sense for SEC on paper, but the SEC and its member institutions are stupid and naive for not listening to the warning signs coming from A&M, Nebraska, Colorado, Mizzou, Arkansas, Tech, Baylor, TCU, and everyone else the Longhorns have ever shared a conference with. I agree with you on that!
JJxvi
AG
A&M is dumb for doing things that Texas said was dumb ten years ago but now are doing all those things too!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.