Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

The worst part about all of this.

16,129 Views | 71 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Actual Talking Thermos
Post removed:
by user
Teslag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Our admin knew the whole time. Your mistake is thinking they feel about Texas the way you do.
Post removed:
by user
Bag
AG
Salute The Marines said:

Our admin knew the whole time. Your mistake is thinking they feel about Texas the way you do.
wrong
HoustonAg2106
AG
We are 1 of 14 in the conference, we never had that much power to begin with. Texas is in for a rude awakening when there vote is worth only 1 of 16 instead of the way it is now for them.
BadAggie
AG
lol how silly. tu is desperately trying to bogart its way into the SEC after it paid off for us and that's your conclusion?
Jarrin' Jay
AG
Rendered Fat said:

We just got completely embarrassed to the entire nation. A non-member in tu was shown to be more valuable and desirable to the conference than a ten year member. Let that sink in. This song and dance exposed how little power we actually had and where our place is in the National landscape. They just slapped us in the face and what can we do about it?

Leave? No effing way?

Sue? We'd be the scourge of the entire conference.

Write a stern letter? Lol.

At this point, literally the only thing we can do is bend over, take it and not say a word so as to save any face we have left.

Sip ****ed us once again.

Stop your crying and belittling of your own team.

Is it preferable, no, is it the end of the world, no.

Nothing about this is embarrassing to aTm, actually it's validation of the decision we took 10+ years ago.

Teslag
AG
Rendered Fat said:

Salute The Marines said:

That actually is a VERY fair point. Assuming Bohls and the others are lying about A&M not being told anything.

Think about it for a minute. There's no way this gets hidden that long. No way. Our admin likely sees some financials showing a windfall. They are want to do it, but they know it will enrage their fanbase. So the SEC is the foil and we are awe shucks backstabbed and we eat it up.

Occam's razor
Post removed:
by user
hunter2012
AG
Rendered Fat said:

We just got completely embarrassed to the entire nation. A non-member in tu was shown to be more valuable and desirable to the conference than a ten year member. Let that sink in. This song and dance exposed how little power we actually had and where our place is in the National landscape. They just slapped us in the face and what can we do about it?

Leave? No effing way?

At this point, literally the only thing we can do is bend over, take it and not say a word so as to save any face we have left.

Sue them, I could care less about being the scourge. They backstabbed us so they shouldn't be surprised when we punch back. Pres. Banks needs to raise hell then if the dust settles and the sips made it in then we need to see if ESPN had a hand at this and pin them to the wall for tortuous interference.
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
Rendered Fat said:

Leave? No effing way?

"we" and no ag tag
“Not gonna lie...its a little disconcerting to have our minister of positivity be PlaneCrashGuy but Im in"
dcg4403
AG
All this is ESPN....they control the SEC. We get screwed. Texas wins and gets to talk crap about controlling us once again.

Embarrassing for me. Immensely. But out of our control at this point.

We gotta just keep winning and building the program so we can hope to embarrass UT in our 1st SEC game.
SquareOne07
AG
How about we just ****ing win and drag our big maroon sack over them.

And then when Texas comes into town that first year and it's such a hyped game, we prison rape them and show them just how ill prepared they are for big boy football?
dcg4403
AG
SquareOne07 said:

How about we just ****ing win and drag our big maroon sack over them.

And then when Texas comes into town that first year and it's such a hyped game, we prison rape them and show them just how ill prepared they are for big boy football?

This thinking is the only way I will remain sane. Damn my butt hurts and I am seeing streaks of burnt orange back there...
Sterling82
There's a lot of misinformation. It can't all be true because too much of it conflicts. I suggest letting it play out. Otherwise, the only embarrassing part will be our reactions to news that wasn't accurate in the first place.
BadAggie
AG
LDA9336 said:

Rendered Fat said:

Leave? No effing way?

"we" and no ag tag
Yep. Only way someone can reach the conclusion that this doesn't make tu look desperate.
bwmammoth
AG
What we can do is WIN! Just stop complaining and win!
Jarrin' Jay
AG
Rendered Fat said:

Jarrin' Jay said:

Rendered Fat said:

Leave? No effing way?

You are a weeping big fat pu**y. Stop your crying and belittling of your own team.

Is it preferable, no, is it the end of the world, no.

Nothing about this is embarrassing to aTm, actually it's validation of the decision we took 10+ years ago.

Grow up and stop being a little beatch.

Moron. The sip media is already spinning this to make us look like absolute idiots. Texas waltzed in the back door, privately met with our conference leaders and was let in without A&M so much as even knowing about it. The media will turn the tide, INSTANTLY back to tu with that kind of reporting. It has NOTHING to do with actual football and EVERYTHING to do with perception. We look like powerless little brothers.

No, but you look like a crybaby c***.
CoppellAg93
AG
If they come in, can we insist that Alabama get moved to the SEC East ?
OTredux
OP nailed it.

WE look small and insignificant. They look like master of the universe. It is all the good tidings from 2011 inverted on itself and 10 times as potent.

They outplayed us here.

The more we *****, the dumber and smaller we look,.

Tip my hat. They won. We lost.

Now let's play the game
BadAggie
AG
OTredux said:

OP nailed it.

WE look small and insignificant. They look like master of the universe. It is all the good tidings from 2011 inverted on itself and 10 times as potent.

They outplayed us here.

Now let's play the game
lol, this has to be the dumbest take I've seen yet.
Post removed:
by user
OTredux
BadAggie said:

OTredux said:

OP nailed it.

They outplayed us here.

Now let's play the game
lol, this has to be the dumbest take I've seen yet.
Except EVERY thing our folks are saying affirms this. We are *****ing and whining and possibly not even in the room when the decisions are being made. SEC wrapped its arms around us until a prettier face came into the room and we got discarded like a piece of trash.
Gunny456
AG
I hear what you are saying but I am old army and lived through many years of BS from refs and the golden child "Texas". They manipulated to get into the SEC, the same MO they have always done. They ain't coming to the SEC to lose and they wont be allowed to lose. They would not have manipulated all this to set themselves up to be a loser. More has gone into this than we will ever know. Texas Ex attorneys, big money and politicians in their pocket. Same as it has been for 125 years. It is not going to change.

Edit to add: Please don't take this as me being disrespectful. You have your opinion and are an AG and entitled to it. But from your "07" handle you perhaps don't have enough birthdays to have witnessed all the biased BS all the years we had that POS university around our necks....and all the inequities that have transpired on and off the football field for decades.

The whole reason we left the B12 and what Loftin did his best to achieve.
Bill Superman
AG
This.

It's time we throw our weight around. We should threaten to leave the conference. We can go back to the big12 and actually make something of it. Invite UH and SMU back and maybe even invite Missouri, Arkansas and whoever the hell else would join and run the show.

We need to quit pretending like we can't do things on our own. Hell I'd even prefer to go independent like ND than put up with this garbage.
Medaggie
Either way we look bad.

1. If we/admin had no clue about this or kept up intimately involved, then the SEC essentially locked us out of such an important decision and went against whatever handshake there was about letting a state team vetoing another state team.

2. If admin knew and intimately involved, our admin essentially is two faced. Publicly say that they would never allow this/play football against tu then behind the scenes vote to allow admission to the SEC.

Either way it looks like money, brand, and prestige talks. tu and OU have it. Now it sounds like the ACC was going full throttle on both teams in a few years and was outflanked by the SEC. What it looks like is OU and tu had the pick of whatever conference they wanted.
levypantsEOY
It's a bad look.
pinche gringo
AG
It is a bad look. We got dick-punched.
Nice Guy Eddie
AG
What an F***g beta male.

Slap yourself and regain control.
Dr. Mephisto
AG
Rendered Fat said:

Leave? No effing way?

This person is a sip.

There doesn't seem to be a way to explain the consistent victim, sky-is-falling tenor of all his (guessing) posts during yesterday and today.

If not, he is the world's worst BAS sufferer.

Everything he says should be taken with 6789 grains of salt. Go ahead and just put it on the rim of a margarita to do it right while reading his posts.
J-Gigs05
AG
Seriously sack up. This is embarrassing. I'm getting links to this insufferable thread from MULTIPLE sips and OU guys thinking all Ags share your whiny thoughts. I don't. This was a money grab. I'm more mad at Sankey for doing this behind our backs but I'm never gonna say the sips d***ed us. Never. Some of you need to unplug man and start thinking about kicking their a$$ once they get here. I hate everything about this trust me. But at this point there's only no point in whining about it.
levypantsEOY
I wish Luicci would post a screen shot of the zoo traffic/ clicks over the past 48 hours.

Serious question- is this the biggest collective meltdown in the website's history?
AvidAggie
AG
Most embarrassing scenario is they kick A&M and Mizzou out and replace them with Texas and OU.

At least that didn't happen.
hunter2012
AG
levypantsEOY said:

I wish Luicci would post a screen shot of the zoo traffic/ clicks over the past 48 hours.

Serious question- is this the biggest collective meltdown in the website's history?

It should be, this is bigger than coaches or presidents. The reason why we left the Big 12 has showed up on the SEC's doorstep. And despite several school's objections, we're just gonna let them make themselves at home.
levypantsEOY
I agree. It's just crazy to think- there i was Wednesday morning without a care in the world, no idea what was about to unfold.

This is the biggest news for the Aggie program in a decade (even bigger than Jimbo hire IMO) and not in a good way.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.