Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

OU and tu will make the SEC better

10,379 Views | 99 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by AggieDruggist89
AggieDruggist89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sure, I hate the idea. I also remember never losing to the sips while at A&M but agonized the 77-0 debacle.

I understand the negative emotions of playing mofos again.

But the SEC as a whole would become the most powerful athletic conference. I know Sankey will bend over backwards to bring them in. For the greater good of the conference.

I hate it.

But imagine them burnt orange mofos chanting SEC, SEC, SEC.... in Austin. Now that's funny.
DevilD77
AG
Drinking heavily in the morning is not good for you. Go back to bed.
ChemEAg08
AG
The gain for adding tu and OU ain't nearly the magnitude of gain as it was adding us.
Deplorable
I'd rather the SEC die than be in the same conference as Texas.
AggieDruggist89
AG
OG UNF said:

Me too. But we know that's not happening.
Heisenberg01
AG
AggieDruggist89 said:

Sure, I hate the idea. I also remember never losing to the sips while at A&M but agonized the 77-0 debacle.

But the SEC as a whole would become the most powerful athletic conference. I know Sankey will bend over backwards to bring them in. For the greater good of the conference.

I hate it.

But imagine them burnt orange mofos chanting SEC, SEC, SEC.... in Austin. Now that's funny.

The SEC is already the most powerful athletic conference...
Ervin Burrell
AG
AggieDruggist89 said:

I hate it.

It already is.

edit - Heisenberg beat me to it.
AggieDruggist89
AG
Then why do Big 10 Schools get a larger payout??
rootube
AG
Acceptance! We are racing through the stages of grief!
Deplorable
AggieDruggist89 said:

Fewer teams and a smart geographic footprint. SEC would be doing the exact opposite with Texas.
AggieDruggist89
AG
Heisenberg01 said:

AggieDruggist89 said:

I hate it.

The SEC is already the most powerful athletic conference...

Really?
rgag12
AG
OG UNF said:

If you add tu, the SEC will eventually die.

Name one conference tu has been in that hasn't folded.
AggieDruggist89
AG
OG UNF said:

AggieDruggist89 said:

Fewer teams and a smart geographic footprint. SEC would be doing the exact opposite with Texas.

Really? I thought 14 = 14
AggieDruggist89
AG
Wow... I know we don't like OSU but c'mon... Big10 kinda trumps the SEC right now. And did y'all know the PAC generates more than ACC?
Deplorable
Forgot they added 2 more. Just geographic/tv sets then.
AggieDruggist89
AG
OG UNF said:

and with those reasons Big10 generates more revenue. So how is the SEC most powerful conference?
AggieDruggist89
AG
rgag12 said:

OG UNF said:

You think tu can destroy the SEC?

You give them too much credit.
patreyus
AG
Man they will just bring it down. OU has been rolling the Big 12 and then generally gets pummeled in the playoffs. The are all offense and no defense. What additional revenue will they get with TV contract? They already have Texas so they get Oklahoma? Really!!

They would be better off looking at moving up the east coast. Now, that would be more doormats for football but they would bring instant help in Basketball. But who? UNC, Virginia, Virginia Tech. That TV market would be worth more money and at the end the day "show me the money". So, you would probably only want UNC and Virginia and that would be for Basketball they would struggle in football. Would UNC leave the ACC whose HQ's are in NC. Not sure you could get that done. I lived there for 20 years and the ties run deep and Basketball is life!!!
rgag12
AG
AggieDruggist89 said:

rgag12 said:

OG UNF said:

Yea, they couldn't possibly destroy a conference with college superpowers like A&M, OU, and Nebraska in it.
AggieDruggist89
AG
rgag12 said:

AggieDruggist89 said:

rgag12 said:

OG UNF said:

Yea, they couldn't possibly destroy a conference with college superpowers like A&M, OU, and Nebraska in it.

And how would they go about destroying the SEC.
Deplorable
AggieDruggist89 said:

OG UNF said:

and with those reasons Big10 generates more revenue. So how is the SEC most powerful conference?

Um, because we're better at football.
Dr. Mephisto
AG
Sips are like leftists.

Name one thing they have made better, or not ruined.
Jbob04
AG
Dr. Mephisto said:

Sips are like leftists.

AggieDruggist89
AG
OG UNF said:

AggieDruggist89 said:

OG UNF said:

Um, because we're better at football.

Is ACC better than the SEC for those years Clemson won the national championship?
AggieDruggist89
AG
Dr. Mephisto said:

Sips are like leftists.

Homosexuality?
coondog004
They have to get 11 votes to get in. Right now I know 3 schools that the answer is a flat HELL NO! I don't want to see it happen plus I wonder how the rest of the Big 12 feels this morning? That would turn that conference into a Group of five quick. SEC doesn't need all the drama that would come with those two whiners. Plus, is tu ready to give up the money on their network and come SHARE the revenue with the rest of the conference. I think it was mighty coincidence that this was released right before we are stepping to the podium at media days. If this is true, (highly doubt it) that tells me we are definitely winning the recruiting battle in Texas.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
This thread explains why OU and sip to SEC right now makes no sense.

If the SEC is going to be the first mover, why not make the best move? The highest value schools out there certainly aren't OU and sip. The right move would be to grab, for instance, Notre Dame and Ohio State. Why get a BMW and a Chevy when you can get a Ferrari and Maserati?
Faustus
Dr. Mephisto said:

Sips are like leftists.

They got the Top 10% rule down to the Top 6% for auto-admit.
rgag12
AG
ThunderCougarFalconBird said:

If the SEC is going to be the first mover, why not make the best move? The highest value schools out there certainly aren't OU and sip. The right move would be to grab, for instance, Notre Dame and Ohio State. Why get a BMW and a Chevy when you can get a Ferrari and Maserati?

Why would OSU want to leave their stable conference and come to one where they might only be top 3 or 4 each year?
Emilio Fantastico
AG
OP needs to stop sampling his own products.

It would be baaad, baaad, baaad to add those two.
Bad business and bad for us.
Seersucker Ag 2011
AG
AggieDruggist89 said:

Because the current CBS deal is worth a measly $55 million per year total. The new ESPN/ABC deal is worth over $300 million.
offenseguru
AG
They succeeded in ruining 2 conferences, the SEC needs to wake up. This isn't Bama or LSU we are talking about. This is other worldly dream up ways to screw everyone.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
rgag12 said:

ThunderCougarFalconBird said:

Why would OSU want to leave their stable conference and come to one where they might only be top 3 or 4 each year?
Money.

If the money is there, the teams will come. All of the true big/powerful programs are on the doorstep of having to have players on the payroll (in one form or another). Being good will require being able to pay top dollar. Being in the best league will generate more revenue.
wareagle044
They have no interest in the SEC - just floated their names out there to hijack SEC media days
coondog004
Plus this could be a distraction to see if the PAC 12 will blink. If they think this could happen then they might offer them to come there to make their conference more relevant. That's probably where they really want to go.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.