Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Is Elko really looking at the Kansas job?

11,235 Views | 37 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Barry Potter 09
Barry Potter 09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Aggieair said:

Barry Potter 09 said:

Sterling82 said:

The fact that this job is still open tells you a lot about how good the job is. I think KU is going to be lucky to get a decent FCS coach. Elko? Forget about it.

It sounds like Buffalo's Lance Leipold, Army's Todd Monken, and Tulane's Willie Fritz are real options for them, along with some others. Crazy to say but Kansas has the only current P5 HC opening. They are some appealing options, for a variety of reasons.

You mean Jeff Monken? He's always been a run-heavy, triple-option type coach. He's found his niche at Army, and even though KU is P5, that still seems like a downgrade.

Yes, my mind was thinking Jeff but I typed Todd.

He currently gets $1M. Going to KU will double his pay. It may feel like a downgrade but the next time KU wins 4 games in a season, it would be the first time since 2009 for that to happen. Make it to a bowl game and he could get an extension north of $3M. If he stays for 8+ years at KU, his name could be somewhere in Lawrence. Crazy to type but there is some truth to this idea.
Barry Potter 09
It sounds like Elko is interviewing in the DFW area. This may be his 2nd interview; the 1st one being through Zoom and this one being in person. I'm not saying that he is a front runner; just passing along what I am reading.
Digital_Java
AG
Elko makes $2.1M...so I don't think KU football is really a worrisome matter..
Barry Potter 09
Digital_Java said:

Elko makes $2.1M...so I don't think KU football is really a worrisome matter..

I get what you mean but then I see this.

Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.