Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Klubnik to Clemson

11,713 Views | 53 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Pumpkinhead
dixichkn
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm not a Twittiot so I have no idea if Klubnik and Weigman have any kind of friendship or interaction online, but I'm sure each were well aware of the other's offer list. Klubnik got the offer first. He didn't act on it. Ags offered Weigman 2 days later. A week and a half went by before Conner committed. That's enough time for Klubnik to act. Either he played recruiting roulette and lost, or more likely he just simply didn't wanna be here. I don't wish the kid ill will at all. In fact I hope he succeeds and glad he didn't wind up with anyone we're going to play regularly......or t.u. Jimbo's no moron. He covered the MLB option and feels confident Weigman won't leave us standing at the altar
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
Klubnik beats A&M in 4 years in NC game. Ultimate BAS scenario. Celebrates with his Aggie parents on the field. Worse than Drew Brees.
Jbob04
AG
Shai-Hulud said:

Klubnik beats A&M in 4 years in NC game. Ultimate BAS scenario. Celebrates with his Aggie parents on the field. Worse than Drew Brees.

The craziest part of thIs scenario is the Ags being in the NC game
winetime
AG
Jebber said:

What film did you watch? I watched all of their Playoff games this past year. I doubt you watched those with that analysis.

I can detail out specifics but the easiest way to compare the two. Klubnik is a QB that is athletic. Weigman an athlete that plays QB. Yes, you can win with both I just prefer the first one and also like he's from an Aggie family and no MLB risks.

Bridgeland lost their top 2 WRs, 3 O-line, no 2 RB and no 1 hurt his leg in the last game. So we will get to see how he does leading a young team next year.
Of all of the Bridgeland players you just mentioned, only one WR had a D1 offer (and he didn't play their first 4 games) Not 1 O-line player or RB has received a D1 offer (most of these guys didn't receive any offers).

As a comparison, Westlake offensive players have at least 1 D1 offer at each offensive position.
maver1ck
AG
Coryhub said:

If Weigman goes MLB we could be in trouble

Weigman has made it very clear that he wants to be a college QB. MLB is off the table, at least for right now.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
nbaker2022 said:

Coryhub said:

Weigman has made it very clear that he wants to be a college QB. MLB is off the table, at least for right now.

I'm committed to play football at A&M.
What ? How much ?
I'm decommitting from playing football.....
-K. Stewart
Unemployed
AG
nbaker2022 said:

Coryhub said:

For the #10 draft pick in 2020, the signing bonus was $4.7MM.

I hope his family is filthy rich.

AG
nbaker2022 said:

Coryhub said:

"Will this check for $5 million change your mind, young man?"
LB12Diamond
AG
Which WR did not play their first 4 games? I was at the first game and the entire offense was there. Yes, their offensive line was pretty bad. They had to move their starting TE to guard to help fix it.

As far as watching players huddle highlights, it's not a bad place to start. What it does not show is situations the plays related too. Was it a great play at a critical moment or just garbage time or a weak opponent.

That's why I prefer watching playoff games. Should be quality opponents in a pressure situation.

I agree with others, while I wish he was coming to A&M, I'm glad he's not going to another SEC school. This is not a Drew thing though bc we did offer him. I'm pretty sure Drew was not recruited by RC.

If we end up playing them in the playoffs I hope we beat them like we beat the Gators and Trask. :-)
LB12Diamond
AG
The timing of the MLB draft stinks with regards to football recruiting. But nothing one can do about it. It's definitely a risk no matter what any kids states.
winetime
AG
The only Bridgeland WR with a D1 offer - Goffney. He was out with an injury for first 4 games of the season.
IBombedTheMoon
AG
4 said:

RealTalk said:

BAS65 said:

Kimbo busted on this one

Never thought of sculpting my chest hair quite like that, but I gotta admit... I'm thinking about it now.

Cultural appropriation? Don't want to get canceled.
Sterling82
Jebber said:

The timing of the MLB draft stinks with regards to football recruiting. But nothing one can do about it. It's definitely a risk no matter what any kids states.

It's also a risk to not offer Weigman while waiting on Klubnik and letting Weigman build interest elsewhere assuming he's a fallback for us. Then Klubnik chooses Clemson and we don't have anywhere to turn. The good thing is we have good young prospects if Weigman goes MLB. We won't be without options.
Phoenix1
Shai-Hulud said:

SABUILDERAG said:

Coryhub said:

No way Jimbo didn't address this with him, right?

Did he discuss it with Choo Freeman ?

Totally different situation- not to mention different coaches. In the late 90's we were desperately trying to keep from getting running out of the state in recruiting rankings & were signing names to boost our rankings. We knew Choo Freeman and the other guy (forgot his name) were probably going MLB but needed them to finish in the top 10 in rankings. We aren't afraid of tu recruiting any more.
Divining Rod
thank you staff for deleting vato loco. It's about time the trash gets emptied.
LB12Diamond
AG
I checked with my boy, he said Godfrey was out against them. You're correct, sorry about that one. Hunter did OK and was pretty fast. Our D was inputting a new system and played a lot better in the second half. But 5 TOs by our QB was too hard to overcome. I think we get them in the 1st game again this year.
LB12Diamond
AG
ashley
Finn said:

I watched their Jr full season Hudl highlights. Watched them back to back and that's just my opinion of what the video shows.
Guys that do this for a living disagree.
LB12Diamond
AG
My fav defensive huddle highlights.

Where no one blocks you and you make the play. Very impressive.

Or when another player makes the play and you just show up at the end and pile on.

It's pretty funny the plays they pick.

How about showing a play where the offense was executing properly and you still beat them, fought through blocks and made the play. Better yet, the o-line is holding you and you still make the play.
Pumpkinhead
AG
RealTalk said:

nbaker2022 said:

Coryhub said:

For the #10 draft pick in 2020, the signing bonus was $4.7MM.

I hope his family is filthy rich.

Is Weigman rated a top-10 player in the MLB 2022 draft? If not, about where would he be projected to go if draft held today?
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.