Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

It's been 82 years since our last natty

5,542 Views | 37 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by aggiejim70
infinity ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas said:

MarathonAg12 said:

Man that was so long ago that blacks weren't allowed on campus yet
We had blacks in the 40s only they were from India! They were as black as our Blacks.

Wondered at the time why they were in but our Blacks weren't .

Blacks from India in the 1940s? I have not read about this, were they in College Station? Were they students?
I thought the student surge from India started from around 1965. Kamala Harris' mother came in 1960.
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
Students. They wore the headbands - Hindu or Sikhs ?
BigJim49AustinnowDallas
Divining Rod
Since A&M, THERE HAVE ONLY BEEN 25 SCHOOLS THAT HAVE WON THE AP NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!

Ignorant people act like it's a scarlet letter on our chest or an albatross around our neck or a monkey on our back.

Our '39 NC is a DAMN FINE ACHIEVEMENT! Something about 120 other schools would gladly trade us for.

Now let's get another!
aggiejim70
AG
Good point. I can think of three off the top of my head, that i doubt will ever win another. TCU, Minnesota, and Army. Five more from more recent times, that I doubt will win one any time soon. Georgia Tech, Michigan, Nebraska, Miami and USC. Might need a do over on Georgia Tech, I can't remember if they won the AP or the other poll. Same with Arkansas. I know they won somebody's championship in '64 but I'm not sure which one.
The person that is not willing to fight and die, if need be, for his country has no right to life.

James Earl Rudder '32
January 31, 1945
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.