Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Brady > Jordan?

6,392 Views | 62 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Rectitude
MarathonAg12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If Brady passes Jordan in ring count (7 rings) does that make Brady the Goat of all Goats?

Brady:

Over his career, Brady has won three league MVP awards, six Super Bowls, and four Super Bowl MVP Awards. A 14-time Pro Bowler, Brady has also twice led the NFL in passing yards and has been the starting QB for nine AFC Championships.

Wife:

Jordan

6 NBA champion: 1991, 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 1998

5 NBA Most Valuable Player: 198788, 199091, 199192, 199596, 199798

6 NBA Finals Most Valuable Player: 1991, 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 1998

Wife:

AFR because Brady plays with Evans.

Stoopkid
AG
Depends, are you asking if Brady's better at football or basketball?
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
As a die hard San Francisco 49ers fan, I had believed that Joe Montana was the greatest QB in NFL history until Tom Brady won his 6th Super Bowl title two years ago. I believe that Super Bowl win cemented his legacy as the GOAT. With a new team, offensive system, truncated training camp, and no preseason games, 43-year old Tom Brady led the Buccaneers to an 11-5 regular season and 3 straight road playoff wins to reach his 10th Super Bowl appearance. This path to the Super Bowl might have been the toughest of the bunch.

For one, Brady has had to travel to get to this championship game. While the Bucs will be the first team in league history to play a Super Bowl at home, coach Bruce Arians & Co. have had to win three road tilts to make it to the title game. That's not unprecedented four other teams have won three road games to make it to the Super Bowl (1985 New England Patriots, 2005 Pittsburgh Steelers, 2007 New York Giants, and 2010 Green Bay Packers), but it's something new for Brady. Across his first nine trips to the Super Bowl, he needed to win a total of only three games on the road. Fifteen of the 18 AFC playoff games during those Super Bowl runs were in Foxborough.

https://worldsportstale.com/nfl/barnwell-tom-bradys-10-super-bowl-paths-and-where-this-run-ranks-among-the-toughest-ever/

To answer the question, I would say Tom Brady is the greatest NFL player of all time, and Michael Jordan is the greatest NBA player of all time.
Al Bula
AG
Moronic non-AFR thread is moronic
AR Ag
AG
Brady & Jordan > LeFlop
WC94
AG
Ric Flair has 16 Championships over 3 leagues. He is the all time GOAT Wooooooo!
AtlAg05
AG
Ocean Of Funk said:

Moronic non-AFR thread is moronic

Welcome to the off-season.
greg.w.h
AG
I think it is hard to imagine someone going to more than 10 or winning more than 7 rings. Oh wait...Bill Russell...
BenTheGoodAg
AG
Jordan started playing for the Wizards at 38

Brady started playing for the Bucs at 43
Earl_Rudder
AG
Uh... did Brady ever fight crime on Saturday mornings with Bo Jackson and Wayne Gretzy?

No?

I think we have our answer.

GrapevineAg
AG
Gretzky > Brady & Jordan
ToddyHill
AG
Great reply Iraq...and btw, thank you for your service.

So....based on your very well thought out response...I'm thinking that since Tom Brady never beat Eli Manning in the Super Bowl that the New York Giants and Eli Manning are....respectively, the greatest team and the greatest QB ever!

Looking forward to the day when my Giants get their act together!
fulshearAg96
AG
Gretzky > Jordan > Brady.

Pains me not to put Jordan first....
zachsccr
AG
2 words:

SPACE JAM
Class of 65
AG
Very insightful
VatoLocoAggie
MJ and I have a mutual friend and it was known that MJ used Cocaine quite often and before games. Many in the know attributed it to how he was so good at shooting the ball. The NBA was very aware of MJ's excessive gambling, drinking, and Cocaine use but there was no way they would drug test him since he was the face of the NBA.

MJ's wife Juanita during his playing days only trusted Phil Jackson to be MJ's head coach because he would watch MJ and keep him grounded and out of trouble.
Specifically during road trips.

Many have said that MJ's dad was killed in a gambling debt hit created by MJ's excessive gambling. That's why MJ stepped away and tried to play baseball.

Cool story I know.
Gig Em and God Bless America
Texas A&M National Champions in Football 1917, 1919, 1927, 1939, and 2012

SEC Proud!
itsyourboypookie
VatoLocoAggie said:

MJ and I have a mutual friend and it was known that MJ used Cocaine quite often and before games. Many in the know attributed it to how he was so good at shooting the ball. The NBA was very aware of MJ's excessive gambling, drinking, and Cocaine use but there was no way they would drug test him since he was the face of the NBA.

MJ's wife Juanita during his playing days only trusted Phil Jackson to be MJ's head coach because he would watch MJ and keep him grounded and out of trouble.
Specifically during road trips.

Many have said that MJ's dad was killed in a gambling debt hit created by MJ's excessive gambling. That's why MJ stepped away and tried to play baseball.

Cool story I know.

Take it to the Q thread
TexanJeff
AG
I think so.

7 Super Bowl wins (Gretzky had 4 Cups)

15 Conference Champ Games

In a position that many folks do not last 1 season he has been at an elite level longer and stronger than anyone else in modern times.

Not bad for a kid from the Bay who didn't even start often at Michigan!
Ag_Eng98
AG
There is a pretty good book called The Captain's Class which isn't about who the GOAT is (so this is a little off topic), but who was behind the greatest teams/dynasties in all sports. The author says Brady for his definition.

But I'd say greatest player is Jordan.

Sparkie
AG
Brady

Layla Roberts - (google her for so nsfw fun)

Tara Reid

Bridget Moynahan

Meghan Vasconcellos - she has talent

Gisele Bundchen
Sbisa Chef
Look at Gisselle Brady:

Look at Jocelyn Wildenstein:

They are one in the same.
TexanJeff
AG
How drunk you?
tony
AG
Bill Russell. Goat. Not really room for debate. I guess if you add Brady and Jordan's rings they have more....
AggieZUUL
AG
Michael Phelps is the GOAT of all GOATS.

gggmann
AG
Aryton Senna
Bob Loblaws Law Blog
AG
Dad's killed because they wouldn't pay gambling debts. MJ - 1 : TB - 0. Tough to tell who the GOAT is.
TXAG 05
AG
There are players on his team that were in diapers his rookie season and he is still bringing it after all these years. Pretty amazing.
Cappo
AG
As a fellow 9ers Faithul, watching Brady go to the Superbowl with the Bucs I must agree. Especially if he wins in 2 weeks it isn't even a question
The Agly Duckling
Tom Brady is only a skinny dude who was - at best - a 6th round draft pick for developmental purposes only, and therefore not ever really expected to be a starter, only a backup QB. At best, he was a "starter kit." Plus, the dude is totally fugly and has no game with hot chicks.

He only won championships because Bill B. was his Head Coach.

Therefore, for those reasons, I deem Tom Brady:

2/10, would not even consider B. (Also, 'cause I'm straight and he's a dude, but that's not important right now.)

Tom Brady is the ultimate LOSER. #overhyped-overpaid-overvalued

Seriously, who in the hell would want this guy as their starting QB? He's totally a Practice Squad developmental guy. Should be holding a clipboard, not an MVP trophy.

Seems like a nice guy, but, otherwise, a total POS.
83Aggie
AG
Jack Nicklaus 18 Majors

Babe Ruth

Hank Aaron

Ali

They need to be in the discussion as well
Meximan
If he'd wanted, Jordan could've won 8 straight which would've just been ludicrous levels of dominance. They literally got bored one year and decided to set the wins record at 72-10 just because they could.
NFXAg09
AG
83Aggie said:

Jack Nicklaus 18 Majors

Babe Ruth

Hank Aaron

Ali

They need to be in the discussion as well

Lol Babe Ruth and Hank Aaron. Gtfo
farwellrob
AG
Jim Thorpe is still the all-time GOAT of any sport.

Jordan is the best player of his age and it wasn't even close. He willed those Bulls teams to victories. OP didn't include several of his biggest awards.

6 times finals MVP; 14 times all-star; 3 time all-star game MVP; 10 time scoring champion; 1 time defensive MVP; 3 time steals leader; rookie of the year; zero scandals for deflating balls.

Brady was nothing more than a cheater in Belichek's system.
Pumpkinhead
AG
Hard to compare across sports.

Tom Brady is obviously the greatest NFL QB of all time.

10 Super Bowl appearances in 21 seasons, in a league designed to push parity between teams. To have avoided serious injury and play at an elite level for so long. To even have the drive and motivation to play for that long. Unlikely any of us will see something like Brady again in our life time.

For any other QB to come close to Brady's career, would need to be a very talented player surrounded by a really good championship level organization(s) for 20+ years, who avoids any career ending injury during that length of time and who is so obsessively competitive that retirement is not an option even as they hit their 40's. Somebody who never loses their edge getting derailed or soft by the celebrity fame and fortune.
suprafly03
AG
Brady is the goat of team sport goats.

I love Jordan, but Brady doing this with the Buccaneers?

If Jordan had taken the Wizards to the NBA finals , then Brady would have to win. But everyone pretends those Wizard years didn't happen.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.