Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

At least i know dabo swinney hates Ohio St being in the playoff....

3,503 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Morgan94
Divining Rod
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Play calling on both O and D should be interesting if Clemson starts to get a big lead. I don't care that much for him, but I'll change my tune if he purposely runs it up like I think he might.
PascalsWager
AG
Divining Rod said:

Play calling on both O and D should be interesting if Clemson starts to get a big lead. I don't care that much for him, but I'll change my tune if he purposely runs it up like I think he might.
He doesn't want them because he might actually lose to them. Much easier to walk over Notre Dame again or Cincinnati.

Notice he didn't rank us 3rd either. He wanted the easy road.
Alpha Texan
AG
PascalsWager said:

Divining Rod said:

yep. I think that us and Florida were the 2 teams that the others at the top wanted to avoid the most
Emilio Fantastico
AG
He's in the ACC. How much easier of a road does he need?
Rebel Yell
AG
His objection was not on them being able to win or not win.

If they played a whole season they would probably still be in. His objection was that the physical toll it takes on a team to play 10-11 games vs only 6. So for that reason, Ohio State will have an edge over whoever they play.
“I don’t even sit on the left side of church”
Bill Superman
AG
Dabo speaks in truth only. Gotta respect it.
BMX Bandit
PascalsWager said:

Divining Rod said:

He doesn't want them because he might actually lose to them. Much easier to walk over Notre Dame again or Cincinnati.

His ranking has no bearing on the playoff
SilverTongueDevil
Dabo had the guts to put his opinion on record even though it's giving Ohio st a lot of bulletin board material. Good for him. The Luckeyes will be motivated but don't think that will be near enough for them.

wangus12
AG
Emilio Fantastico said:

Big 10 easy
PascalsWager
AG
BMX Bandit said:

PascalsWager said:

Divining Rod said:

His ranking has no bearing on the playoff
I understand that. I'm not arguing that it does. But I imagine his ranking to be a dream scenario for easiest path to the title.

I don't think Ohio State or A&M would be easy. Notre Dame they just beat by infinity.
Divining Rod
bottom line: he didnt think OSU deserved to be in; said it publically; has a chance to make a statement.
92_Ag
AG
Next year the big 10 is voting to change the rules such that each team is allowed to play a regular season of 5 internal scrimmages...everyone gets an undefeated squad!
kbarj
AG
Rebel Yell said:

His objection was not on them being able to win or not win.

If they played a whole season they would probably still be in. His objection was that the physical toll it takes on a team to play 10-11 games vs only 6. So for that reason, Ohio State will have an edge over whoever they play.
Another issue is that with only 6 games, there is a lot less tape on Ohio State than there is on Clemson - with big games being a premium. I didn't think that would be that big a deal, but a former D1 player I know claims that is a significant preparation advantage for tOSU.
Bill '77
DukeMu
Emilio Fantastico said:

He could play Duke twice?
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Emilio Fantastico said:

Perhaps he could move his program to the Big 12?
jja79
AG
I'll bet he really doesn't like them being in the playoffs now.
Morgan94
AG
ACC is looking a little overrated.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.