Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

FOIA requests

5,802 Views | 55 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by SunrayAg
DukeMu
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Tibbers said:

I urge everyone to make FOIA requests in relation to each institution and their discussions with any committee member. Just as we saw with FIFA, there is too much money to not have one or a few of them taking kickbacks and bribes. It's time we blow the system up and prove fraudulent behavior. Let's go lawyer Ags, do something useful as I am. These are public universities and all communications are bound under these requests. Let's ****ing go and let's actually see some real meaningful change.
Parody post?

It's just institutional bias. Welcome to the real world.
BuenAg
You can make the request, of course (though not under the FOIA).

The process I'm asking about is what you do with any information that you happen to receive.

Tell us what you think it will be and what you'd do with it once you have it, por favor.
hangman
When bias involves millions of dollars of lost revenue for affected parties it veers towards illegality. Slippery slope.
BuenAg
hangman said:

When bias involves millions of dollars of lost revenue for affected parties it veers towards illegality. Slippery slope.

It "veers toward" violating which law?
45-70Ag
AG
hangman said:

Something that cannot be proven.
Tibbers
BuenAg said:

The process I'm asking about is what you do with any information that you happen to receive.

Tell us what you think it will be and what you'd do with it once you have it, por favor.

Sorry friend, I'm not holding someone's hand through a process you clearly don't understand.
hangman
I think a possible outcome is you would find some BIG 10 emails about changing COVID protocols from 21 days to 17 days against the advice of a doctor. Would be hugely embarrassing for that leader to show they weren't concerned about the health but about the $$$. Could result in someone being pushed out of their job.
jsdaltxag
jsdaltxag
Let's not start acting like Baylor and Ken Starr.
BuenAg
Tibbers said:

BuenAg said:

Sorry friend, I'm not holding someone's hand through a process you clearly don't understand.

Because you don't know what you're talking about. It's clear with every post. You don't even understand that the FOIA doesn't even generally apply to public state universities.
Tibbers
hangman said:

I think a possible outcome is you would find some BIG 10 emails about changing COVID protocols from 21 days to 17 days against the advice of a doctor. Would be hugely embarrassing for that leader to show they weren't concerned about the health but about the $$$. Could result in someone being pushed out of their job.

Ding ding ding and those are the documents i precisely requested from the university of Iowa. Now will guys join with me and request information or will you sit on the sidelines and pout?
OldArmyBrent
AG
DukeMu said:

Tibbers said:

I urge everyone to make FOIA requests in relation to each institution and their discussions with any committee member. Just as we saw with FIFA, there is too much money to not have one or a few of them taking kickbacks and bribes. It's time we blow the system up and prove fraudulent behavior. Let's go lawyer Ags, do something useful as I am. These are public universities and all communications are bound under these requests. Let's ****ing go and let's actually see some real meaningful change.
Parody post?

It's just institutional bias. Welcome to the real world.
Understandable that someone would think that they deserve some sort of reparations as a result of that in 2020.
BuenAg
I'm not pouting about anything.

Why would you need more than one person making the request?
AR Ag
AG
Duckhook said:

Release the Kraken!

More like release the Karens
Tibbers
BuenAg said:

I'm not pouting about anything.

Why would you need more than one person making the request?

You don't but there are specific people to target other than Barta and multiple avenues from multiple people and sources are always preferred than just solo efforts.
BuenAg
Please keep us posted with your progress.

I think you're efforts are futile.

But if you cost someone their job, let us know, and I'll gladly eat crow.

Won't hold my breath though.
moz
I think we should start thinking of next steps in terms of legal strategy and non-legal strategy.

Legal strategy would be the FOIA approach as well as subpoenas, civil lawsuits, Texas state investigations, etc. I won't detail the non-legal strategy for obvious reasons, but let's just say we'll need to get creative on that front.
BuenAg
As for your "legal strategy," I advise you to start with some rudimentary legal research regarding the applicability of the FOIA.
jsdaltxag
moz said:

I think we should start thinking of next steps in terms of legal strategy and non-legal strategy.

Legal strategy would be the FOIA approach as well as subpoenas, civil lawsuits, Texas state investigations, etc. I won't detail the non-legal strategy for obvious reasons, but let's just say we'll need to get creative on that front.
By "non-legal" I'm assuming you mean illegal? Are you really that dense.
Tibbers
BuenAg said:

Please keep us posted with your progress.

I think you're efforts are futile.

But if you cost someone their job, let us know, and I'll gladly eat crow.

Won't hold my breath though.

Those who determine the outcome prior to the fight, have no fight in them at all. I of course will keep you posted and again urge others to fight with me, not against me.

Look at the posturing by Elko, by Kellen, by Jimbo, fight with them and join me in my efforts. We have seen massive scandals in sports, happens all the time. These are public institutions. Hold them accountable and request records!
moz
jsdaltxag said:

moz said:

By "non-legal" I'm assuming you mean illegal? Are you really that dense.

Are you suggesting that I'm publicly encouraging illegal activity? My friend, the one who is dense may be on your side of the keyboard, as I am not.
SunrayAg
AG
But if someone were to take a dump truck, and dump 10 tons of feedlot manure outside the front door of a certain committee chairs house, would that be ok?

Just a delivery of organic lawn fertilizer. Nothing illegal about that...
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.