Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Finebaum show - Tom Herman called USCe about their opening

8,794 Views | 37 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Agsuffering@bulaw
74AnimalA
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TXRunner97 said:

I heard it too.
Imagine the coach of the beloved longhorns calling South Carolina to inquire about an SEC job.
I hope he stays there forever. He is the quintessential D bag.
Well I'm guessing in all reality that the CALL was before he was told he was going to be the coach Next Year.

Feinbaum's point about another 2-3-4 yr contract, was maybe better than just a buyout and the world finding out how bad he really is if he was on TV.
fav13andac1)c
AG
I'd be looking at other schools too if the school I worked my ass off for was leaking information that they were interviewing other candidates.
ABATTBQ11
AG
FtBendTxAg said:

So he's not fired but called a lesser job?

We must have a different definition of the word, "lesser."

SEC>>>>>>>>>>bdf
Agsuffering@bulaw
Quote:

Holgerson left WVU when he lost a big group of upperclassmen including a multi-year starting QB on a 7 or 8 win team. He was gonna get his stool pushed in and get fired the next year.

WVU had no idea how dicey their situation was. They treated the coach before Holgerson like crap. He knew a program like WV could not recruit enough to avoid being down every 3rd year. He expected them to stand behind him in the down cycles b/c he believed he had showed what could happen in the up years.

I would have done the same thing. They were not paying him enough to get fired and bought out.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.