Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Buckeye Scoop Reporting Meyer has turned down $84 Million at tu

10,284 Views | 51 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by double aught
p-wonk01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If there is anything more conceited and pompous than a texas fan it's a buckeye one
rbcs_2
AG
Charlie 31 said:

Wrong! Urban Meyer is hanging out in Marble Falls, 30 miles from Austin, chilling out in the Texas Hill Country while waiting to commit to the sips as their next head coach...

Wow is this a "people see what they want to see" type moment? Nothing looks the same to me in that comparison.
fav13andac1)c
AG
The way Texas has handled this has been beyond inappropriate and downright disrespectful to Herman. If I was Urban Meyer, I would run far away. What a dumpster fire.
Aggies1322
AG
rbcs_2 said:

Charlie 31 said:

Wrong! Urban Meyer is hanging out in Marble Falls, 30 miles from Austin, chilling out in the Texas Hill Country while waiting to commit to the sips as their next head coach...

Wow is this a "people see what they want to see" type moment? Nothing looks the same to me in that comparison.

Exactly. TV in the wrong place, a ceiling fan above Urban.. why are they SO desperate?
greg.w.h
AG
Makes Bum Bright's surprising hiring of Jackie Sherrill after Bo Shembechler turned us down that much more surprising.

Similarly, Woodward's hiring of both Fisher and Williams is a story I'd like to read in a memoir one day to see who the power players really were.
rootube
AG
Aggies1322 said:

rbcs_2 said:

Charlie 31 said:

Exactly. TV in the wrong place, a ceiling fan above Urban.. why are they SO desperate?

It's very similar. What is also similar is literally every other hotel room in the world. Texas has really mismanaged the coaching search again. You get a commitment from the guy you want before the coaching search circus starts so you don't publicize the high profile coaches who are not interested in coaching your team at any price. Now every other coach not named Dabo Sweeney or Nick Saban is a complete letdown.
canaAg12
AG
Id be willing to bet it is well over 70 hours a week. Maybe after averaging in the offseason and everything else, but I am willing to bet during football season and the few weeks or months leading up to the beginning of the season it is closer to 90-100 hours. 70 hours a week is pretty average for high school football and we dont recruit. So, I cant imagine what these head college coaches actually put in time wise.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
Charlie 31 said:

Look at the curtain rod and top of window in both of those pics. Look at the width of window itself. Very basic things that aren't the same. Took 10 seconds of "sleuthing".
stexagg
Another 'done deal' gone bad. Can't wait to tell my grandkids
Bunk Moreland
AggieDub14 said:

bv86ag said:

He has 100 million reasons to un-retire.

He's also got chronic stress related brain issues. Would you rather live longer with $30 million or die sooner with $130 million.

yes...those seem to conveniently flare up right around major drama in his program that his 2 prior schools did such good jobs of mostly keeping swept below the rug.
Jimbo4win
AG
Why do we always post things like "sip buddy says" or "Bama friend says" as if they know anything!?? That is like them asking us what the h*** was going on with Sumlin..they get their info from the same sources as us. It's not like if you went to Bama, you get to sit in each week with Saban for an outlook update..
Ag Tag
Just heard that Saban is being paged at the Austin-Bergstrom airport.
94chem
TheWoodsAg said:

Kozmozag said:

Sips should go make Dabo the 1st 15 mil. A year coach. 10 year deal. Open the vault make a statement. Meyer is done.
You might want to look into Dabo's buyout.......they'd owe an additional $15 million. So $20 million to Hermensa and assistants, $15million to Clemson....a nice $35 million in a pandemic year before the first paycheck is cut.

But they've got big home dates with Iowa State...and Iowa State coming up.
94chem
Bunk Moreland said:

AggieDub14 said:

bv86ag said:

He has 100 million reasons to un-retire.

He's also got chronic stress related brain issues. Would you rather live longer with $30 million or die sooner with $130 million.

yes...those seem to conveniently flare up right around major drama in his program that his 2 prior schools did such good jobs of mostly keeping swept below the rug.

Covering for a serial killer will keep you up at night, I suppose.
Jarrin' Jay
AG
Think about this, cow is chasing Urban and willing to pay him an obscene amount of $$............................... because they can't beat purple baylor and the mighty and powerful Iowa State Cyclones.

Just absolutely hilarious. They are the biggest joke in that JV league, would probably have a losing record the last 3 seasons with our schedule. Now going on, what, 2-7 vs. frog in conference play?!?!?!
Jarrin' Jay
AG
p-wonk01 said:

If there is anything more conceited and pompous than a texas fan it's a buckeye one

Probably, but OSU has earned it, cow thinks it is their birthright, even though they lose to tcu and Iowa State and barely beat Texas Technical.....
sharpdressedman
AgOutsideAustin said:

Don't believe that at all, tu will make him turn down 100 million. That's the number.
I doubt it. IMO, $100MM is sufficiently absurd to bring a torrent of disdain and criticism from the masses.
double aught
AG
Can someone post that be the joneses, grandkids diatribe from the previous coaching search? It would be good for a laugh.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.