Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Would you rather win a close championship with an asterisk or kick ass in a NY6

4,460 Views | 52 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by swc93
gambochaman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
SA68AG said:

This is the dumbest question ever posed on this board.
this

and sweet Jesus....is your obsession with the Big 12 so deranged that you would actually prefer to beat a big 12 team in a meaningless bowl than win a national championship?

what in the actual hell
HoustonAg2106
AG
Saint Pablo said:

AggieOO said:

I'll say it again. We have the dumbest fans on average in all of college football.
Have you ever met a Baylor fan?

Say what you want about Baylor, there is not a single one of their fans that would rather win a NY6 bowl over a national championship
Saint Pablo
HoustonAg2106 said:

Saint Pablo said:

AggieOO said:

I'll say it again. We have the dumbest fans on average in all of college football.

Say what you want about Baylor, there is not a single one of their fans that would rather win a NY6 bowl over a national championship
They are the most delusional fan base I have ever encountered. But yeah that was a pretty dumbass thing for OP to say.
Jarrin' Jay
AG
Any SEC team winning the NC would not have an *.

We need a new forum for people to learn the definition and usage of lose / loose.................
NoHo Hank
AG
Don't know about the rest of you, but I'm kind of hoping we get in the playoffs and then Bama, ND, and Ohio States' entire first strings get COVID and we cruise to an asterisked NC. Cause an asterisk is a lot better than the goose egg over the past 80 years.
JimbloFisher
AG
How do you get that drunk on a Wednesday night?
Earl_Rudder
AG
Ghost of Bizbee said:

Would love to be in the CFP, but for whoever wins, there will be an asterisk next to the win qualifying that it isn't a "true" CFP championship due to COVID keeping teams out.

Just wait for it. The better option may be blowning out OU in the Cotton Bowl and embarrassing the BDF than winning a close game against ND and not officially being recognized as a true national champ
There will be no asterisk if a team from the SEC or ACC wins it all and goes 13-0.

The winners of the SEC and ACC will have played 11 conference games. That's far tougher than a usual season playing only 9 conference games and then 4 OOC with 3 of them usually being cupcake G5 and FCS teams.

AggieOO
HoustonAg2106 said:

Saint Pablo said:

AggieOO said:

this.
Jimbo4win
AG
We replace North Texas with Florida and Colorado(home) with Tennessee(AWAY)...some asterisk..
All I do is Nguyen
Give me the ship, always and forever.
No matter what
BubbleBoyB
AG
Time for staff to put Perma-bans on people that ask questions like this. How embarrassing.
AggBock
AG
Post of the day sir! Spurs had the recipe for sure! Just keep winning and haters will have to shut up.
gigemags-99
AG
SA68AG said:

This is the dumbest question ever posed on this board.

It feels that way at the moment, but I'm certain there have been dumber.
Alpha Texan
AG
Part of "winning" this year is staying healthy. This is the game in 2020. Winning is about getting to the field as much as winning on it is right now. So yeah, give me the "asterisk."

Everyone is facing the same challenges, so it's a level playing field.
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
JW said:

Always better to finish 5th. Nailed it.

We would probably finish 3rd after a semifinalist loses and not have an asterisk.
greg.w.h
AG
Ghost of Bizbee said:

JW said:

Always better to finish 5th. Nailed it.

We would probably finish 3rd after a semifinalist loses and not have an asterisk.
False. You can only win the championship if you're in the playoff. Everything outside of the semis and final is an exhibition game.
AggieDub14
AG
Uhh shouldn't the question be would you rather lose in the semis or win in the NY6?
Pumpkinhead
AG
The equivalent of "would you rather win the NIT or lose in the first round of NCAAT?" Question on basketball board.

There is only one correct answer if you are a fan with a backbone....Fans who answer the above question incorrectly on the hoops board are mercilessly mocked.
swc93
AG
BMX Bandit said:

The asterisk will only be seen by losers
..and if you squint because it will be so tiny on the side of Kyle.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.