Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Good article on the Vanderbilt-Sarah Fuller situation

13,133 Views | 158 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by TheAngelFlight
TheAngelFlight
How long do you want to ignore this user?
HoustonAg2106 said:

deddog said:

Saint Pablo said:

This type of stuff occupies waaaaaaaaay too much headspace for a lot of posters here.
She made SEC special teams player of the week.
How is it just the posters on here?

There were probably 105 other players on their roster that would have kicked it farther than that "squib" kick,
People who are downplaying how absurd this entire story is are the biggest part of the problem, they just accept what they are told and don't think that they should question anything
Questioning things is, generally speaking, healthy.
Questioning things that don't affect you, just for the sake of questioning things, sometimes isn't healthy.
Questioning things, and refusing to acknowledge your questioning didn't uncover any actual evidence...always unhealthy.
Questioning things, and then making things up to provide yourself with the answer you seek...always really unhealthy.

There's been a lot of unsubstantiated claims and assumptions made by folks angry that Sarah Fuller is Vanderbilt's kicker.
TarponChaser
I don't want this to go political but William F. Buckley, Jr. rightly noted that "politics is downstream from culture." And the media is generally a large driver of cultural norms. The overwhelming liberal mindset present in the media (including entertainment) has done as much in the last 30 years to change overall cultural norms as anything. Remember how scandalous it was for Ellen DeGeneres to have a woman-on-woman kiss on a primetime sitcom? Then a few years later "Will & Grace" is a smash hit- I'd argue that show did more for acceptance of gays in society than anything.

Anyway, the point being that if we let nonsensical narratives advance without being challenged you find completely absurd ideas taken as gospel and those who challenge such ideas are labeled as bigots, racists, sexists, hom0phobes, transphobes, and so on ad nauseum.

If there's anything the past year's SJW idiocy as show us it's that ceding the battlefield of ideas in education to the radicals on the grounds that their ideas are idiotic on their face and that "wait until those students get into the real world" has been a completely failed strategy. And the idea that this woman did something especially noteworthy or proved a woman can compete with men on the football field is one of those nonsensical narratives.

Again to go back to Buckley, it's the job of conservatives to "stand athwart history yelling 'STOP'."

This is why it's important to point out this was a publicity stunt. And that despite outliers at the margins the vast majority of women simply cannot compete with men in the field of athletic endeavors. Even the most elite of women athletes fall short of standards set by fairly average male athletes. It's why the guys claiming to be girls and running track in the NE (I forget if it's Rhode Island or which state) don't rank in the top 200 male HS sprinters in the state but absolutely blow away the girls. It's why a bunch of 15-year old boys on a travel soccer team in Dallas can completely destroy the US Women's National Team, which is the best women's team in the world. It's why Serena Williams in her prime got blown off the court by a male training partner who was like #400 in the men's rankings. It's why the Lady Aggie basketball team, even the national champs, can't stay within 30 vs. a scout team made up of a bunch of guys who maybe made all district for their 3A high school. It's not sexism or chauvinism or bigotry, it's basic biology.
Aggies2009
AG
AgBQ-00 said:

She never played. She transferred to New Mexico and played for them IIRC
I'll be damned. I thought she missed an XP at Colorado and made one at UNM. Thanks for the correction.
TheAngelFlight
Quote:

I don't want this to go political
Yeah, okay.
Aggie1188
Mr. Rhythm said:

Link

I don't care about her kicking for Vanderbilt, good for her for getting on the field and doing a squib kick.

Giving a halftime speech where she calls out her teammates for not cheering enough on the sideline? That is beyond the pale. Know your place, and have some situational awareness.

These guys have been playing together since the two-a-days in Fall Camp, and have faced Florida, Alabama, Georgia, et al. You've been playing soccer. They've been through the ringer together, you've played soccer. Show some respect, know your place, and shut the hell up.

I don't care how loud teammates cheer on the sideline, Vanderbilt isn't going to beat Bama. Not only is her speech insulting, it shows how little she actually knows about football.
You posted a "Daily Wire" article which is a bunch of far-right incel nutjobs who lie for a living. Lol
socalpoohah
I Initially thought this was going to be their '12th Man' moment, finding a willing volunteer to help their school when it was in need and didn't have much to choose from. It has turned out much different. That's too bad.
TarponChaser
TheAngelFlight said:

Quote:

Yeah, okay.

Well facts is facts.

And it's gotten beyond just the Daily Wire but it's come out that she stood up at halftime to address the team about not cheering and being amped up. GTFOH with that noise.

I'm not going to put the guy out there because it's his career and livelihood but I have a HS friend in the Vanderbilt AD and he's confirmed it happened offline.

That's bush league.
NASAg03
socalpoohah said:

I Initially thought this was going to be their '12th Man' moment, finding a willing volunteer to help their school when it was in need and didn't have much to choose from. It has turned out much different. That's too bad.
Don't worry they will still build her a trophy because of the false idea she represents.
Saint Pablo
AggieNFL said:

Mr. Rhythm said:

Link

I don't care about her kicking for Vanderbilt, good for her for getting on the field and doing a squib kick.

Giving a halftime speech where she calls out her teammates for not cheering enough on the sideline? That is beyond the pale. Know your place, and have some situational awareness.

These guys have been playing together since the two-a-days in Fall Camp, and have faced Florida, Alabama, Georgia, et al. You've been playing soccer. They've been through the ringer together, you've played soccer. Show some respect, know your place, and shut the hell up.

I don't care how loud teammates cheer on the sideline, Vanderbilt isn't going to beat Bama. Not only is her speech insulting, it shows how little she actually knows about football.
You posted a "Daily Wire" article which is a bunch of far-right incel nutjobs who lie for a living. Lol
Wrong.
NASAg03
TXAggie2011 said:

As was pointed out above, there's nothing in that article providing any evidence players are opting out because of Sarah Fuller. Heck, it doesn't even establish anyone opted out for any reason. Just that some "conversations" were had, for unknown reasons.

Vanderbilt has had players opt out at various times all season, before Sarah Fuller kicking was even a twinkle of an idea in their coach's head. They just got destroyed by a mediocre team, the head coach was fired, they have increasing amounts of positive Covid tests, and they've got one game left that's likely going to be downright miserable for them.
I build quality teams, we are highly competitive, we win, and we have fun.

But that's because I don't keep entitled players on the team that are there because somebody knows somebody that says they are good. My teammates (and myself) earn our playing time. And when someone is a cancer to to the team and a majority of people don't like them, they get kicked off.

As a result, I have lasting friendships with my former teammates, whether it's men's teams or coed.
TheAngelFlight
Wow.
TheAngelFlight
TarponChaser said:

TheAngelFlight said:

Quote:

Yeah, okay.

Well facts is facts.

And it's gotten beyond just the Daily Wire but it's come out that she stood up at halftime to address the team about not cheering and being amped up. GTFOH with that noise.

I'm not going to put the guy out there because it's his career and livelihood but I have a HS friend in the Vanderbilt AD and he's confirmed it happened offline.

That's bush league.
Sarah Fuller told the media she gave a speech at halftime. That's not a secret.

The issue folks have with the DailyWire article is its a smear article that doesn't even appear to have tried to get evidence her speech rubbed anyone on the Vanderbilt team the wrong way.
TarponChaser
It's the part that it rubbed people the wrong way that's not been publicized but will likely be confirmed soon.
Slamn Sharpe
Saint Pablo said:

This type of stuff occupies waaaaaaaaay too much headspace for a lot of posters here.

2020 taught me a lot about our fan base unfortunately
Gary Busey as Dell
AggieNFL said:

Mr. Rhythm said:

Link

Regardless of the source, I think the author and OP are right in calling her out for the halftime speech. If you think you can join a football team and then claim a leadership position in only four days, there is something wrong with you. This isn't about gender or sexism, it is about respecting a hierarchy on a team.
cj774
AG
Gary Busey as Dell said:

AggieNFL said:

Mr. Rhythm said:

Link

Regardless of the source, I think the author and OP are right in calling her out for the halftime speech. If you think you can join a football team and then claim a leadership position in only four days, there is something wrong with you. This isn't about gender or sexism, it is about respecting a hierarchy on a team.
Which goes right back to the point about this being a publicity stunt full of SJWs crud. SJWs are all about "destroying" (insert whatever relevant term here...patriarchy, etc) which is basically a recognized hierarchy that they do not like and blame everything (real or perceived) for society's woes.
NASAg03
TheAngelFlight said:

TarponChaser said:

TheAngelFlight said:

Quote:

Yeah, okay.

Well facts is facts.

That's bush league.

The issue folks have with the DailyWire article is its a smear article that doesn't even appear to have tried to get evidence her speech rubbed anyone on the Vanderbilt team the wrong way.
Details are still missing, but there's no denying the fact that Vandy can't field a full squad and had to delay the game two weeks. Covid is part of is, along with opt-outs. Why are they opting out? No one has said, which leads to rumors and conjecture.

Quote:

"There's been a couple guys we've talked to," Fitch said Tuesday. "I don't have any specifics right now on where we're at with all that. But there's discussions that have been going on the last 24 hours or so with some of the players. Later in the week, we'll have a better idea of where we're at with all the numbers and where we're sitting at. It's an emotional time, and when these things happen on a staff, there's a reaction right away. So we're trying to teach patience, communicate with our guys."

https://www.outkick.com/vandy-georgia-canceled-sarah-fullers-college-football-career-appears-to-be-over/

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/30449657/sources-georgia-bulldogs-vanderbilt-commodores-game-ppd-due-covid-injury-issues
Gary Busey as Dell
The why she is on the team is irrelevant, you don't lecture your teammates at halftime when you're not a team leader. This would be like a walk-on who has never been on the field lecturing the starters, it just isn't done.
NASAg03
Gary Busey as Dell said:

The why she is on the team is irrelevant, you don't lecture your teammates at halftime when you're not a team leader. This would be like a walk-on who has never been on the field lecturing the starters, it just isn't done.
You are correct, because she was a walk-on and had yet to kick in a game prior to her speech. I'm not sure if she was put up to do the half-time speech, or if it was her own initiative, but that kind of arrogance coupled with a catch 22 for players rebuking her = quitting.
TheAngelFlight
NASAg03 said:

TheAngelFlight said:

TarponChaser said:

TheAngelFlight said:

Quote:

Yeah, okay.

Well facts is facts.

That's bush league.

Details are still missing, but there's no denying the fact that Vandy can't field a full squad and had to delay the game two weeks. Covid is part of is, along with opt-outs. Why are they opting out? No one has said, which leads to rumors and conjecture.
Quote:

"There's been a couple guys we've talked to," Fitch said Tuesday. "I don't have any specifics right now on where we're at with all that. But there's discussions that have been going on the last 24 hours or so with some of the players. Later in the week, we'll have a better idea of where we're at with all the numbers and where we're sitting at. It's an emotional time, and when these things happen on a staff, there's a reaction right away. So we're trying to teach patience, communicate with our guys."
https://www.outkick.com/vandy-georgia-canceled-sarah-fullers-college-football-career-appears-to-be-over/

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/30449657/sources-georgia-bulldogs-vanderbilt-commodores-game-ppd-due-covid-injury-issues
The part you bolded is a reference to them firing their head coach. "When things happen on a staff, there's a reaction right away" = Players are reacting to the head coach being fired. So maybe start your conjecture and rumors there.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.