Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

21 years ago today

3,995 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by 74AnimalA
milner79
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Watching the Bonfire game, via YouTube.

ABC opener brings the tears every time.

God bless the families of the fallen 12.
Well shoot
Here.
monarch
S
I was in SFO on business when the bonfire collapsed. I turned the TV on as I normally would when I woke up and saw what was going on. I cried my ass off when I saw the TV.

And then the game. Brian Gamble recovers the fumble and people we didn't even know, we were all hugging each other, just crying tears in gallons. Emotional time frame.

Got to give props to Texas; they acted first class through out this whole experience. They realized the importance of the event to TAMU. ALL of Texas knew the importance to TAMU.
Peace for Ukraine!
SW AG80
AG
I cried at least 3X that game. Then a 4 th at Bonfire site after the game. I cry every time I watch The Burning Desire.
monarch
S
Don't ever want to experience that in my life time again.
Peace for Ukraine!
HECUBUS
AG
Many of my coworkers with kids doing bonfire at ATM were as stressed as you would expect trying to get in touch with their kids that day. They all turned out fortunate, but it was the longest day ever.
ontheway
AG
Will be an ever heartbreaking day
ontheway
Waterski02
AG
What happened then couldn't have happened anywhere else else. And what happened then wouldn't have happened anywhere else.

Old Sarge
AG
Was putting on my boots, listening to the local TV (small town) broadcast, getting ready for work when I heard of "a tragic event at the Texas A&M Bonfire site" with no details. Only until I got to work via the interwebs back then, did we hear of the extent. Gut wrenching. Then the days of Aggies coming together, the football players coming in to haul logs with the students in the news, and then the news came the game would go on, much like the burning desire. Then the (this is the only times I give it credit) Texas Band giving tribute during the game, and then the miracle fumble and WIN that the Aggie family needed so badly at that point. An all time low for the Aggie family, turned into a bittersweet win for the short term, but one needed for all Texans that weekend. God is much bigger than making a game changing fumble against a better team happen. Much bigger. But somehow, one has to wonder if he granted his will to a small part of healing that day. We will never know, but it happened.

However, we pray, that somehow God has granted peace in some way to those that lost their lives and their family members that lost them. Not to be cliche by any means, but let those that lost their lives in the BONFIRE effort, motivate us to bigger and greater things in life. They lost their life in the Spirit, let their life burn in our spirit to be great Aggies.
Green is the new RED.
TxAgswin
AG
Here.
74AnimalA
AG
What all y'all said.
It was the Class of 74's - 25th Reunion. The Vigil AND that Midnight Yell Practice..... Emotional as HELL.

HERE!!!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.