Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Whorn band won't play their fight song

14,468 Views | 85 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by zephyr88
CCAD AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
From what I've seen, the band hasn't performed "the eyes" at a game this year and wasn't scheduled to perform Saturday. They have played canned music for "the eyes" over the loudspeakers at the games's end and fans have participated, ignored it, knelt, sat on a dildo, or whatever they prefered to do all year.
Jarrin' Jay
AG
Not that I care about the team/program/U, but I do care about SJW losing and also people to stop being spoon fed what they should believe and all of a sudden something that was fine yesterday is the subject of cancel culture today.

I have yet to see anyone explain WHY the song is racist, or supposedly racist. I have only been TOLD that it is.

A collection of notes played by an instrument is not racist.
The lyrics are not racist.
Literally thousands of black student-athletes have come and gone through the 40 acres and somehow they were not lynched or subjected to burning crosses and KKK rallies on campus while the song was played.

It simply does not matter what someone may have said once, what may or may not have been an inspiration for a song, etc., etc. This is 2020. Stop being a limp-wristed snowflake, use your brain, and decide for yourself. Or, just accept the fact that The Eyes of Texas song is simply just a fight song / alma mater sung by t.u. students, alumni and fans in support of the U and the team, nothing more, nothing less, and nothing else.

Maybe they should be focusing their energy on the true cause of racial strife and divide in this country.... the Aunt Jemima line of pancake and waffle products...
marius2k4
AG
slyfox07 said:

Typical 2020 mentality

Some racist dudes sang the song in blackface 60 years ago, so now the entire song is racist
Marxism is a hell of a drug.

Seriously. It's just Hegelian dialectic again with (insert oppressed victim class here) instead of the 'proletariat', and (insert symbol of Christian/European patrimony here) instead of 'bourgeoisie'. And then they reinforce that artificial reality with control over the institutions of media, education and government. This is not new. None of this is new. We're just stupid, or at best, terribly uneducated and lazy.
Agsquatch
AG
We've been telling those idiots for years that it sounds like hell!
ClearlyJustSomeAg
AG
rootube said:

Can we move this thread to the old rivalry/politics board, or do we need to let some people to get some things off their chest for the 10,000 time?

This is where they get the most validation of their feelings.
aeon-ag
alamogeorge said:

If I were the opposing team's drum major, I'd play it just to piss them off. Have the fans sing "I've been working on the railroad" too.
I used to sing it loudly at every tu game. Thanks for clearing this up. So , it is the railroad song instead of texas bite.
RAB83
AG
Charlie Murphy said:

West Point Aggie said:

Aggie said:

Some of you are looking at this completly wrong.

This is not an A&M vs Texas thing

This is not a " laugh at tu moment"

If you're a conservative Texan/American this should piss you off and concern you.

The more that is given to the SJW the more they will take.

Excuse me while I laugh and mock tu...

This is akin to laughing at your downstairs neighbor because their apartment is ablaze. Dont for one second think that the virtue signalers on our campus wont take notice to this perceived "win".

So you're saying we're above them...
Aggie 100 - 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2017, & 2018
St Hedwig Aggie
AG
RAB83 said:

Charlie Murphy said:

West Point Aggie said:

Aggie said:

Some of you are looking at this completly wrong.

This is not an A&M vs Texas thing

This is not a " laugh at tu moment"

If you're a conservative Texan/American this should piss you off and concern you.

The more that is given to the SJW the more they will take.

Excuse me while I laugh and mock tu...

This is akin to laughing at your downstairs neighbor because their apartment is ablaze. Dont for one second think that the virtue signalers on our campus wont take notice to this perceived "win".

So you're saying we're above them...

Good way to look at it...
Make Mental Asylums Great Again!
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Will the bu band ask for consent before playing it? That is the real question!
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
slyfox07 said:

Typical 2020 mentality

Some racist dudes sang the song in blackface 60 years ago, so now the entire song is racist
Why were minstrel shows considered racist?
Patriot101
marius2k4 said:

slyfox07 said:

Typical 2020 mentality

Marxism is a hell of a drug.

Seriously. It's just Hegelian dialectic again with (insert oppressed victim class here) instead of the 'proletariat', and (insert symbol of Christian/European patrimony here) instead of 'bourgeoisie'. And then they reinforce that artificial reality with control over the institutions of media, education and government. This is not new. None of this is new. We're just stupid, or at best, terribly uneducated and lazy.

Well done. It's just that...yeah...
Showstopper
AG
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas said:

slyfox07 said:

Typical 2020 mentality

Why were minstrel shows considered racist?
Pretty sure it's the blackface part. Do you need help figuring that part out or are you good now?
74AnimalA
AG
Jarrin' Jay said:

Not that I care about the team/program/U, but I do care about SJW losing and also people to stop being spoon fed what they should believe and all of a sudden something that was fine yesterday is the subject of cancel culture today.

I have yet to see anyone explain WHY the song is racist, or supposedly racist. I have only been TOLD that it is.

A collection of notes played by an instrument is not racist.
The lyrics are not racist.
Literally thousands of black student-athletes have come and gone through the 40 acres and somehow they were not lynched or subjected to burning crosses and KKK rallies on campus while the song was played.

It simply does not matter what someone may have said once, what may or may not have been an inspiration for a song, etc., etc. This is 2020. Stop being a limp-wristed snowflake, use your brain, and decide for yourself. Or, just accept the fact that The Eyes of Texas song is simply just a fight song / alma mater sung by t.u. students, alumni and fans in support of the U and the team, nothing more, nothing less, and nothing else.

Maybe they should be focusing their energy on the true cause of racial strife and divide in this country.... the Aunt Jemima line of pancake and waffle products...
Don't you understand Jay? This is today's History Classes.
Patriot101
I also find it kind of a gnostic related belief that a tune can be evil.

I enjoy Bach organ music. The guy was definitely a believer. But his music is pretty weird at times to say the least. There is nothing evil about a tune.

I'm not a surprised by so many philosophical materialists resorting to such an inconsistent error. Guess scientism isn't the answer for all knowledge either.
polander ag81
I kind of understand the whole "blackface" thing, but still it was 70-80-90 years ago. Are they woke over the wording of Eyes of Texas or woke over the Working on the Railroad tune?
aggiebird02
I don't understand what you're trying to say. Can you do better?
This message brought to you by the Entertainment Board Sneaker Thread Player Haterz Club President.
zephyr88
AG
redfish24 said:

West Point Aggie said:

aggiejim70 said:

This is being discussed on three different forums, so I'm going to ask this question on all three. I would like an answer. I understand the band won't play it, but are the sip fans in the stands going to sing the song in question?

I'm just hoping the bu band plays it mockingly

Rice Band would play it.
I actually just double checked their schedule to make sure they weren't playing Rice... that would have been awesome.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.