Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Mond's Draft Position

6,152 Views | 56 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by MSCAg
eATMup-Reveille
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We should really be concerned the draft he will try to enter is the 2022 Draft. Yep...you know what THAT means...
Old RV Ag
AG
dreyOO said:

McGee, McNeal, Tannehill, and even Trevor Knight would do so much more with this team.

That's all I can say relative to the performance of the current guy.
Craig Stump would have this team at a minimum of 2 losses with the surrounding talent.

Oh, and don't forget, Mond is coming back from year 5.
saw em off
This will be Mond's only draft position

Maroon Dawn
AG
Mond is not a NFL talent

He'll practice squad for a few years then disappear
TxAg76
AG
dreyOO said:

McGee, McNeal, Tannehill, and even Trevor Knight would do so much more with this team.

That's all I can say relative to the performance of the current guy.

Even Jerrod Johnson, before his injury, which is what led to Tanny's opportunity
TxAg76
AG
saw em off said:

This will be Mond's only draft position

I'm betting he's more of a White Claw guy
Saint Pablo
National Football Scouting graded him out as a third round prospect preseason...the same org that runs the combine and issues grades there. The last few years there have been roughly 10-13 QBs drafted in each class. Hell, last year the Cowboys drafted a guy who played in the FCS. I think the odds are someone ends up taking a chance on Mond in the later rounds.
halfastros81
AG
There will not be a draft position and it has
Nothing to do with political views
TMartin
I wonder if Mond would have stayed if he knew he was playing a full SEC schedule?
safety guy
AG
Unless he totally flames out this year, he likely will be invited to the combine. There, he will test very well and say the right things. There will be a team or two willing to take a late round flyer on him thinking they can get something out of him that our coaches could not.
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
TheWoodsAg said:

First, we play BAMA this week. Who freaking cares?

Second, 32 men have the awesome privilege of being NFL GMs/Personnel Directors. Not one of them wants to give up that title because they took or signed a player who wasn't good enough, or they bypassed a good player and someone else got them. The NFL is the ultimate meritocracy. That's what the libs don't understand about Collin Kapernick, he's wasn't "banned from the NFL" for his politics, he just sucked at playing QB.
Some people believe Colin Kaepernick is better than most, if not all backup quarterbacks. "I can clearly say right now, with extreme confidence, that Kaepernick is better than every single backup in the entire NFL," said NFL Network analyst Nate Burleson. "That's not me taking a shot at the backups. That's just me appreciating the fact that Kaepernick once took his team to a Super Bowl (and) NFC Championship game."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nfl-analyst-colin-kaepernick-better-than-any-backup-qb/ar-BB15py5L?ocid=hplocalnews

I am a die hard 49ers fan and enjoyed watching Kaepernick lead the 49ers to the Super Bowl and NFC Championship game appearance. In his 11 starts in 2016, he threw for 2,241 passing yards, 16 touchdown passes, and just 4 interceptions for a 90.7 quarterback rating. He also rushed for 468 yards and two touchdowns. But I am glad the 49ers hired Kyle Shannahan in 2017 and traded for Jimmy Garoppolo in November 2017. After a 4-12 2018 season, they reached the Super Bowl last season. As for why Kaepernick is still unsigned, NFL owners don't think his skills are good enough to offset the baggage he carries.

At best, Kellen Mond will be a late round draft. Even if he's drafted or he signs as an undrafted free agent, he will still have to compete for a roster spot.
alamogeorge
AG
I don't think he was ever good enough to be drafted at all.
"You may all go to hell, and I will go to Aggieland!" -Davy Crockett
ashley
What are his football measurables?
ABATTBQ11
AG
Take this with a grain of salt, but someone who knows his family said he intended to go into the draft after this year. There are certainly teams interested in him, but I don't think anyone wants another kaepernick and this year with only SEC play will show what kind of QB he really is. I think he was probably counting on the easier schedule to look better, but who knows.
Slyfox07
AG
Detmersdislocatedshoulder said:

Last pick of the 7th round

Mr irrelevant

Maybe in the CFL
zooguy96
Maybe he can make the arena league.....
nortex97
AG
ashley said:

What are his football measurables?
He can throw the ball really far. Farther than his receivers can even run.

He is physically an ideal NFL specimen for QB.

He's really good at looking at a WR (steadily).

He does well if given 5-10 seconds in the pocket.

stestro
Draft position? Hello, the Vietnam war has been over for decades.
Deputy Travis Junior
Wouldn't surprise me if he goes in the fifth round based on his measurables. Good size, powerful arm, and he'll run a fast 40. Plus, he's made some dynamite plays that will sway some GM based on the risk/reward level for that round.

That said, I think he's an average college QB and nowhere close to an NFL QB.
infinity ag
rgleml said:

Do you think Mond's extracurricular activities will effect his draft position. NFL owners have shown they do not like outside political issues messing with football. Just look at Kaepernick. He will probably never play again, even as a backup.

Draft?
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHHHAHAHAA
fieldtrailer
AG
Several teams ready to trade up for him.
localag242
4th pick in 1st round of draft. Gets drafted above where Tua went as he is the premier qb in SEC.
MSCAg
AG
I'd be shocked if he was drafted in the 5th round and wouldn't be surprised if he went undrafted.

Aside from being a bit cocky, he seems like a nice enough guy. But I don't think he is an NFL QB.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.