Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

What exactly did Mond say?

15,488 Views | 82 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Agit8r
BrotherChad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
ClearlyJustSomeAg said:

Jbob04 said:

Please give some examples of this racism towards him. Quit spreading false rumors. He's a pampered D1 athlete, he doesn't know the first thing about racism.
Do you really believe a young, athletic black man who's grown up in Texas and Florida has never experienced racism?

No one's ever followed him around a store? No one's ever crossed to the other side of the street? He's never heard a slur?
Flagged for fallacy

Appeal to probability a statement that takes something for granted because it would probably be the case (or might be the case).

EliteZags
AG
blanket labeling an entire group of people as racists is wrong

trying to pretend there aren't a lot of racists at and from our school is wrong
ClearlyJustSomeAg
AG
Jbob04 said:

ClearlyJustSomeAg said:

Jbob04 said:

Please give some examples of this racism towards him. Quit spreading false rumors. He's a pampered D1 athlete, he doesn't know the first thing about racism.
Do you really believe a young, athletic black man who's grown up in Texas and Florida has never experienced racism?

No one's ever followed him around a store? No one's ever crossed to the other side of the street? He's never heard a slur?

You are stating it as fact without even knowing, which is spreading false rumors. I can tell you one fact though, Mond called Sully supporters racist. Guess what, white people deal with racism every day now thank to the democrats.
Thanks for pushing me to research this more. It's actually not as high as I previously thought.

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2019/05/02/for-black-americans-experiences-of-racial-discrimination-vary-by-education-level-gender/

81% of black people with some college education have said they've been discriminated against. It's a bit simplistic to say "there's a 4/5 chance Mond has experienced discrimination" but I think it's reasonable to say it's likely.

Absolutely white people deal with racism as well. There are definitely people that don't like me simply because I'm white.

Edit: To back peddle a bit; I shouldn't' have qualified my argument with Mond's experience with racism. The fight against discrimination doesn't require personal stake or experience with it.
JustisWalkert
AG
I've got an idea. Keep the Sul Ross statue and add a statue of Col. Santos Benavides.
Spyderman
AG
The Lord...visits the iniquity of the fathers on the children and the children's children, to the third and the fourth generation. (Exodus 34:6-7 = Deuteronomy 5:8-10)

knowing this, I actually apologized for the sin of my forefathers to an AA co-worker. She was sorta shocked..said not necessary..our relationship improved from that point however. The hurt is real for these folks. How we get it behind us...dunno. More time perhaps.
Grab some popcorn...why the ongoing cover-up? The Phenomenon: FF to 1:22:35 https://tubitv.com/movies/632920/the-phenomenon

An est. 68 MILLION Americans, including 19 MILLION Black Children, have been killed in the WOMB since 1973-act, pray and vote accordingly.

TAMU purpose statement: To develop leaders of character dedicated to serving the greater good. Team entrance song at KYLE FIELD is laced with profanity including THE Nword..
The greater good?
Jbob04
AG
Spyderman said:

I actually apologized for the sin of my forefathers to an AA co-worker.

Spyderman
AG
Jbob04 said:

Spyderman said:

We are all frustrated..
Grab some popcorn...why the ongoing cover-up? The Phenomenon: FF to 1:22:35 https://tubitv.com/movies/632920/the-phenomenon

An est. 68 MILLION Americans, including 19 MILLION Black Children, have been killed in the WOMB since 1973-act, pray and vote accordingly.

TAMU purpose statement: To develop leaders of character dedicated to serving the greater good. Team entrance song at KYLE FIELD is laced with profanity including THE Nword..
The greater good?
ClearlyJustSomeAg
AG
Feels like this is bait but eesh, that was probably an uncomfortable conversation. I don't think I'd go that route but it sounds like it helped you and your coworker get along better.

I don't think I'm responsible for apologizing for my ancestors but through other action maybe I can help negate some of the consequences of my ancestor's actions.
Jbob04
AG
Lol I'm not frustrated at all. You can keep your white guilt to yourself. I can't imagine going up to someone and apologizing for something that you had nothing to do with. Talk about the ultimate virtue signaling
AGHouston11
AG
So did he really retweet defund this corp again?
BrotherChad
AG
Spyderman said:

Jbob04 said:

Spyderman said:

We are all frustrated..
My ancestors came over from Europe to pick cotton as sharecroppers when slavery ended and paid us nothing. You going to apologize to us as well?
TyperWoods
He said Kamala Harris was a poor choice for VP because her ancestors owned slaved in Jamaica. Then he meanmugged Gropey Joe.
85AustinAg
AG
Quote:

(Exodus 34:6-7 = Deuteronomy 5:8-10)

knowing this, I actually apologized for the sin of my forefathers to an AA co-worker. She was sorta shocked..said not necessary..our relationship improved from that point however. The hurt is real for these folks. How we get it behind us...dunno. More time perhaps.
This took a lot of guts and as a Christian I don't think what you did was white guilt or virtue signaling at all. It's what you thought was the right thing to do and I applaud you.
Agit8r
AG
HtownAg94 said:

Defund Mond.

I wasn't in the corps but I respect the traditions of the school I love.

I hope that the student section sits any time Mond is on the field...

That would be disrespectful of the other 10. Bad idea.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.