Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Here we go again............

15,694 Views | 67 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by farmersfight
12thmanfootball
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.kagstv.com/article/sports/texas-am-blueprint-tamu/499-8b8ae5f0-0685-4305-acb5-bbd942a316c8

Young and Mork are all on board with this which creates a "safe space" for black athletes at a PWI ("Predominately white institution") like A&M and which further drives a wedge between blacks and other races.
Jbob04
AG
Yep, back to the days of segregation. I can't imagine how the white players on our team feel. Liberalism and wokeness ruins everything it touches.
up-n-aTm
AG
"P.W.I"?

The whole country is predominantly white! It's not like A&M is in some alternate universe.
TyperWoods
Segregation is the answer to our problems!

ROTFLMAO. Who knew?

Just Tired
Quote:

The B.L.U.E.print... will aim to teach Black student-athletes self-love,

are you kidding me? i've never seen anybody who loved themselves more than what's been on display recently.
OldCorpsTerd86
AG
nobody uses blueprints any more, just saying.
I am here for the comments.
SNES Chalmers
...on our own?
cajunaggie08
AG
up-n-aTm said:

"P.W.I"?

The whole country is predominantly white! It's not like A&M is in some alternate universe.
Texas A&M is actually "less white" than the country if you dont consider being hispanic as white. A&M non-hispanic white population is 55%. The USA non-hispanic white population is 61.5%. That is not shocking considering how large the hispanic population is in Texas. This biggest discrepancy between A&M and the national population is African-Americans. African-Americans account for 3% of the student population while they are 13% of the US population.
merch
It's segregation when white people do it to black people. Self segregation has been and likely always will be a part of our society.

That said, there is little reason to expend resources to something that is already done. It's 2020, we don't have to act surprised that black people generally hang out with other black peoples, etc. there is nothing wrong with that. There are plenty of rooms on campus if they want to meet. Along with Women's groups, Asian groups, etc.
sleepybeagle
AG
So much more could be accomplished if we all reached out to embrace what we have in common and not clinched our fists in repulsion over how we are different.
NoahAg
Next thing you know they're gonna want their own water fountains.
Ifishandlie
AG
SNES Chalmers said:

...on our own?

I got it but it's "on my own"
schmellba99
AG
cajunaggie08 said:

up-n-aTm said:

"P.W.I"?

Texas A&M is actually "less white" than the country if you dont consider being hispanic as white. A&M non-hispanic white population is 55%. The USA non-hispanic white population is 61.5%. That is not shocking considering how large the hispanic population is in Texas. This biggest discrepancy between A&M and the national population is African-Americans. African-Americans account for 3% of the student population while they are 13% of the US population.
Don't care. Want the best students regardless of color.

And really don't care what the US population breakdown is, if you want to compare it to anything, compare it to the breakdown in Texas considering that it is TEXAS A&M, not US A&M.
cajunaggie08
AG
schmellba99 said:

cajunaggie08 said:

up-n-aTm said:

"P.W.I"?

Don't care. Want the best students regardless of color.

And really don't care what the US population breakdown is, if you want to compare it to anything, compare it to the breakdown in Texas considering that it is TEXAS A&M, not US A&M.
According to the 2018 US Census Bureau estimates, the population of Texas was 41.4% Non-Hispanic White, 32.1% Hispanic White, 12.3% African-American, 5.0% Asian, 0.5% Native American, 0.1% Pacific Islander, 6.0% Some Other Race, and 2.7% from two or more races.

Based on that, Texas A&M is significantly more non-hispanic white than the local population.
TyperWoods
To be fair, all clubs, organizations, etc... should be approximately proportionally represented by race.

Including athletics.

TopoTacos
AG
We've got multiple student groups like this for lots of different demographics, and in my time on campus I had nothing but positive experiences interacting with them at events and whatnot. Proud of these Ags for working to create a positive outcome as students and I hope they find success with this Blueprint.

I guess I can see where some people could think of these groups as potentially divisive, but if that's the case what you need to do is continue to do your best to spread the kind and welcoming attitude that we pride ourselves on as Aggies. (Respect, loyalty, selfless service, etc.)
Charlie 31
AG
Texas A&M University cannot truly fulfill the dream described by Reverend Martin Luther King, Jr., in his "I Have A Dream" speech until Texas A&M administrators and students stop dividing and start unifying the Aggie student body.

MLK: "... I say to you today, my friends, so even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the American dream. ... I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal." ... I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character. I have a dream today. ..."

Flashdiaz
AG
It's just a student group. These have existed for a long time in some form or another.
Spyderman
AG
Virus has brought out the best in everybody.
Grab some popcorn...why the ongoing cover-up? The Phenomenon: FF to 1:22:35 https://tubitv.com/movies/632920/the-phenomenon

An est. 68 MILLION Americans, including 19 MILLION Black Children, have been killed in the WOMB since 1973-act, pray and vote accordingly.

TAMU purpose statement: To develop leaders of character dedicated to serving the greater good. Team entrance song at KYLE FIELD is laced with profanity including THE Nword..
The greater good?
Al Bula
AG
LOL this is a clown world. Marxist disrupters have coined a phrase and acronym for Predominantly White Institution and have weaponized it against Texas A&M.

This is what liberals have gifted the United States of America.
technoviking
AG
Love seeing y'all meltdown over stuff like this
Phoenix1
cajunaggie08 said:

up-n-aTm said:

"P.W.I"?

Ok- but what is the black percentage of the student population at other Major state institutions? I don't think the 3% at A&M is that far off of the average.?
Micah97
AG
cajunaggie08
AG
Phoenix1 said:

cajunaggie08 said:

up-n-aTm said:

"P.W.I"?

Ok- but what is the black percentage of the student population at other Major state institutions? I don't think the 3% at A&M is that far off of the average.?
UT-Austin - 5%
Texas Tech - 6%
Houston - 10%
Baylor - 6%
Rice - 7%
UT-Arlington - 15%
SMU - 5%
Texas State - 10%

LSU - 13%
OU - 5%
OSU - 5%
Arkansas - 5%
T264
AG
Basing everything on race is fine with me- let's get the all college sports, NFL, NBA, MLB, etc up to 70% white, We want it applied equally across the board, right? Its almost as if people are wanting their cake and eating it to.
Let's segregate / exclude our race from others in order to stop the feeling of segregation and exclusion! RFLMAO
AGHouston11
AG
cajunaggie08 said:

Phoenix1 said:

cajunaggie08 said:

up-n-aTm said:

"P.W.I"?

UT-Austin - 5%
Texas Tech - 6%
Houston - 10%
Baylor - 6%
Rice - 7%
UT-Arlington - 15%
SMU - 5%
Texas State - 10%

LSU - 13%
OU - 5%
OSU - 5%
Arkansas - 5%

You know there are universities for predominantly AA students. What are those percentages?
merch
Right, seems sports is the one true meritocracy left and we are ok with that but everything else mixes in extraneous factors that cannot be quantified or applied fairly resulting in unfair treatment, the one thing we are trying to avoid. Question is, why are we ok with sports being a true meritocracy?
philevans
AG
probrecito snowflakes requiring a safe space.
it is like kingsX,
during our elementary school days.
how sad to divide.
TXlic GIGM61
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
merch said:

Right, seems sports is the one true meritocracy left and we are ok with that but everything else mixes in extraneous factors that cannot be quantified or applied fairly resulting in unfair treatment, the one thing we are trying to avoid. Question is, why are we ok with sports being a true meritocracy?

Because white people dont complain that the only reason they don't get an opportunity is because of skin color. Don't you know everyone else gets to use that excuse but whitey.
cajunaggie08
AG
Detmersdislocatedshoulder said:

merch said:

Because white people dont complain that the only reason they don't get an opportunity is because of skin color. Don't you know everyone else gets to use that excuse but whitey.
Except for when they do

https://www.propublica.org/article/a-colorblind-constitution-what-abigail-fishers-affirmative-action-case-is-r
JustisWalkert
AG
"The main goal of the B.L.U.E.print is to create a safe space for Black student-athletes at A&M"

Black student-athletes need a safe space? Really? Why?
Ags4DaWin
cajunaggie08 said:

Detmersdislocatedshoulder said:

merch said:

Except for when they do

https://www.propublica.org/article/a-colorblind-constitution-what-abigail-fishers-affirmative-action-case-is-r

except in this case there are actual written policies which favor people with certain melanin content over others.
TyperWoods
JustisWalkert said:

"The main goal of the B.L.U.E.print is to create a safe space for Black student-athletes at A&M"

Black student-athletes need a safe space? Really? Why?

perhaps they are not segregated enough from the other students?

Next thing you know, student athletes will need their own barber shops.

oops.....
Artimus Gordon
Maybe they should just move to south side Chicago where they would be safe from whitey!
Tegrity123
12thmanfootball said:

https://www.kagstv.com/article/sports/texas-am-blueprint-tamu/499-8b8ae5f0-0685-4305-acb5-bbd942a316c8

Young and Mork are all on board with this which creates a "safe space" for black athletes at a PWI ("Predominately white institution") like A&M and which further drives a wedge between blacks and other races.
jesus, stop crying. You are always the victim somehow. Stop watching Fox.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.