Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Have we Heard from Jimbo Fisher on tweets by players?

8,660 Views | 47 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Mister Mystery Guest
zephyr88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
coondog004 said:

I'm waiting for Mond to come out and say he won't play unless the statue goes away. I would be fine with that It would be interesting who would come out an be the leader.
That would be his "out"... he could save face.

Maybe Abilene Christian will pick him up before the opener?
Texmexag
AG
You assume Jimbo agrees with your point of view? Maybe he agrees with his players? He's a great coach. This issue will eventually die down and he'll still be a great coach. I'm not going to judge the man based on weather he agrees with my politics. Recruit, win games that's all I ask and that's all he owes me or any of you
zephyr88
AG
Texmexag said:

You assume Jimbo agrees with your point of view? Maybe he agrees with his players? He's a great coach. This issue will eventually die down and he'll still be a great coach. I'm not going to judge the man based on weather he agrees with my politics. Recruit, win games that's all I ask and that's all he owes me or any of you
Agree to an extent. Jimbo is a football coach and that should get a large percentage of his attention. He makes his money off the backs of his team. He's not gonna come down hard on them and lose their respects. But he is the CEO of the team, and that team is running amuck. He's gotta grab some reign on the situation.
Texmexag
AG
Running amuck because they are engaging in lawful protest you don't agree with?
zephyr88
AG
Texmexag said:

Running amuck because they are engaging in lawful protest you don't agree with?
Clarification...

I may not like their counterpoint, I have absolutely nothing against a lawful protest.

I do have a problem with what I saw at Friday's protest.
Texmexag
AG
I didn't see anything illegal. Uncomfortable yes. Illegal or immoral no. So I ask again what do you want from Jimbo in this situation? He makes a promise to the parents of young men that he will see them through the maturation process. To condemn a player because he does something that makes me or you uncomfortable would be breaking that promise.
zephyr88
AG
Texmexag said:

I didn't see anything illegal. Uncomfortable yes. Illegal or immoral no. So I ask again what do you want from Jimbo in this situation? He makes a promise to the parents of young men that he will see them through the maturation process. To condemn a player because he does something that makes me or you uncomfortable would be breaking that promise.
Ke'Shun Brown is a scholarship athlete who represents our university. What he did on Friday is not acceptable. I understand that there's nothing illegal with a peaceful protest. But when he dramatically ripped off his hoodie and flexed up on an Old Ag, he crossed this line. Then, just to look more like an a-hole, he proceeded to taunt him with a camera in his face until the crowd dispersed.

Infinite Tucker needs a talking to as well. I guess that would come from Pat Henry.

It's not about the protest. It's about their actions on campus against the Old Ags.

It's about respect.

What would the response have been if a white football player did this to a black Old Ag?
samhoustonag
Time for Jimbo to sit his players down and have a talk.

I don't think it is necessary for him to publicly respond, although after this incident that really would be appropriate. But he does need to have a "get religion" talk with the players as to what is acceptable behavior and what is not acceptable.

Pat Henry needs to do the same.
BadAggie
AG
Since the team apparently wants to get rid of traditions at A&M how about ending the football team's tradition of losing games that matter? Be the change.
Texmexag
AG
So was it acceptable and "respectful" when Johnny Manziel sold his autograph for money, disregarded team rules, punched a man in the street. etc...almost putting the school in hot water? Please show your post condemning him for his behavior.

I was not at the event so I can't and won't characterize what happened. Again it was uncomfortable to watch but I didn't see anything that remotely warranted the reaction to the players on this board. As far as I'm concerned I will root for these young men as players and do my part to help them as Aggies and people in the future regardless of their political
beliefs. I still support JFF as an Aggie why would I do anything different for these young men. I guess for me that's the "right" thing to do.
ghill79
AG
Detmersdislocatedshoulder said:

No and I don't imagine we will. As much as many of us would like to hear something from him on this topic we won't. He has made his statement and he is back to focusing on football. Probably a pretty smart move on his part. Inevitably no matter what he would say it would be deemed racists if he tried to reel them in at all.
He is being paid $7 milliuon a year. He better be able to handle difficult situaions.
Memphis 7
Texmexag said:

So was it acceptable and "respectful" when Johnny Manziel sold his autograph for money, disregarded team rules, punched a man in the street. etc...almost putting the school in hot water? Please show your post condemning him for his behavior.

I was not at the event so I can't and won't characterize what happened. Again it was uncomfortable to watch but I didn't see anything that remotely warranted the reaction to the players on this board. As far as I'm concerned I will root for these young men as players and do my part to help them as Aggies and people in the future regardless of their political
beliefs. I still support JFF as an Aggie why would I do anything different for these young men. I guess for me that's the "right" thing to do.

Huh? Johnny didn't publicly take a **** On A&M or other Aggies.

Take your post to the cry about kenny in a planter thread.

sharpdressedman
samhoustonag said:

Time for Jimbo to sit his players down and have a talk.

I don't think it is necessary for him to publicly respond, although after this incident that really would be appropriate. But he does need to have a "get religion" talk with the players as to what is acceptable behavior and what is not acceptable.

Pat Henry needs to do the same.
IMO, whatever JF said at such a meeting would be leaked in such a way as to smear him. I doubt he will be such a sucker.
Mister Mystery Guest
Jimbo said, "This starts with an open an honest dialogue."

Problem is... if you ever try to have that with them, they start yelling "racist" at you in response to the facts you've brought to the discussion.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.