Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Ranking SEC Stadiums

7,310 Views | 38 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by twk
ag4lyf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have a similar ranking to source with slight differences. I have not been to Tennessee or Kentucky stadiums for games yet.

Of those I visited my ranking is :
Texas A&M
Auburn
Georgia
LSU
Alabama
Florida
Arkansas
Ole Miss
Mississippi St
South Carolina
Missouri
Vanderbilt
TheFirebird
AG
I can't complain about the ranking, but a bit confused about the "proximity to campus" ranking. Sanford got 3, Kyle got 2 (Sanford is the only stadium that scored 3 in that category.'

Kyle's end zone is across the street from the MSC. Sanford's end zone is across a campus street from the UGA student center. ???
twk
AG
TheFirebird said:

I can't complain about the ranking, but a bit confused about the "proximity to campus" ranking. Sanford got 3, Kyle got 2 (Sanford is the only stadium that scored 3 in that category.'

Kyle's end zone is across the street from the MSC. Sanford's end zone is across a campus street from the UGA student center. ???
It's because the author of the article is just wrong in his assessment. I get the feeling that this guy hasn't really walked the campuses.

The location of Kyle Field and Sanford Stadium, relative to their campuses, is about as close as you can get. Both are on the East side of campuses which run north and south, and, although originally built on the edge of campus, would now be considered to be rather centrally located due to campus growing in that direction.

But, setting comparisons to Sanford and Kyle aside, I don't see their central locations, relative to the heart of campus, being particularly better than some others. In fact, for a visiting fan, I think Bama may have the best location because it is both close to the center of campus and to the bar district (closer than either Sanford or Kyle on that score). Auburn is well located, too.
Alpha Texan
AG
ag4lyf said:

I have a similar ranking to source with slight differences. I have not been to Tennessee or Kentucky stadiums for games yet.

Of those I visited my ranking is :
Texas A&M
Auburn
Georgia
LSU
Alabama
Florida
Arkansas
Ole Miss
Mississippi St
South Carolina
Missouri
Vanderbilt

Seems like Auburn is the stadium that is most volatile in rankings. Lots of people put them in the second tier, but I also see lots of people who put them in the top tier. Is it that the stadium is not phenomenal but when you catch it on gameday, the atmosphere makes it even better? Also, Tennessee will be a fun trip, I bet. If we have to add an away game as a result of going all-in-conference for games, I'd like to see that trip. Fun trip from what people say and I'm afraid Tennessee may be a consistent 9-10 win team in a couple years so I want to get another win in before then.
twk
AG
There are two reasons why I think the Auburn stadium gets lower ratings for some folks:

1. The facilities are not particularly new--the stadium hasn't changed much since the upper decks were built in the '80s.

2. It's not nearly as large as some of the other top stadiums.

In my opinion, the stadium provides good views and a compelling atmosphere. Once you get up over 80,000 seats, I can't see that capacity differences matter very much. If you're looking for bells and whistles, this isn't really the place, but, otherwise, it's got everything you'd want.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.