Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Kiffin comments on top three toughest stadiums to play in.

10,052 Views | 49 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Ragnar Danneskjoldd
Cinco Ranch Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
tbirdspur2010 said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

AgOutsideAustin said:

Kyle isn't loud, hasn't been since Nebraska '98.
LSU '18, Clemon '18, Alabama '13, Nebraska '10, tu '07, and OU '02/'00 would like a word.

UT '16 also holding on line 8
Yeah, I overlooked that one (a game that I attended, no less). But then looking at the games I did include, note that I only included one during the Sumlin era, largely, I suspect, because that era was just about an unmitigated disaster with regard to playing at home.
S.A. Aggie
AG
Ragnar Danneskjoldd said:

Quote:

And he hasn't been to the new Kyle Field so he ain't seen nothin' yet.

Sterile and plastic?

No fans yelling? Only jam music? Hmmmm
The Real Maroon Blood
AG
Magneto said:

Kyle Field is quiet because the majority of the incoming freshman have never been to a football game. Top 10%......you get what you get

Underrated post
saw em off
Loudest I've witnessed Kyle was 4th down overtime UCLA and I was at most of the ones mentioned above. I was in the nose bleeds for UT as to why I don't remember the decibel level impacting me quite as much.
909Ag2006
AG
Quote:

Cinco Ranch Aggie 6:26p, 5/22/20
In reply to AgOutsideAustin
AgOutsideAustin said:
LSU '18, Clemon '18, Alabama '13, Nebraska '10, tu '07, and OU '02/'00 would like a word.

I was at the 98 Neb game and every other mentioned except LSU '18. The loudest I've ever heard Kyle was '13 Bama.
"They weren't raiding a Girl Scout troop looking for overdue library books."
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Crowd noise debate always gets everybody riled up.
I'll go yell at a cloud.
maroonbeansnrice
AG
AgOutsideAustin said:

Crowd noise debate always gets everybody riled up.
I'll go yell at a cloud.
I was just posting what Kiffin said...giving a compliment to our fans, and resultingly our stadium being one of the toughest venues in college football. Not really worthy of what seems to be Old Army vs New comments and "we were louder than you" bull*****

I wish I had been there for the Nebraska game. I was overseas and had to listen to it on the radio.

My comment also used the word "inherently." In my opinion the acoustics in New Kyle are better. If Jimbo can continue to recruit and develop like he has, we will reach a point where all of us are in unison in the stands shouting, "Wrecking Crew! Wrecking Crew!" once again, but albeit only after the team has reached that point....which I firmly believe they will.

At that point I challenge any of you Statler and Waldorfs to come back and humbly admit you were wrong. Won't hold my breath.

Gig Em!
“It ain’t like it used to be.”
-Jimbo Fisher
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
Wasnt saying Kyle isnt loud. just that the atmosphere is much worse since the redevelopment. Just my opinion.
maroonbeansnrice
AG
Ragnar Danneskjoldd said:

Wasnt saying Kyle isnt loud. just that the atmosphere is much worse since the redevelopment. Just my opinion.
Cool. You are allowed to have an opinion...praise the Lord...just like I am. Interesting the sometimes virulent responses you get on TexAgs to seemingly (in my mind) simple posts.
“It ain’t like it used to be.”
-Jimbo Fisher
TopoTacos
AG
Sparkie said:

Bama in 2013 - It was damn loud in my house

JFF racks up 560 yards and we still lost.

Mike Evans shrugging off defenders to go 95 yards had my ears ringing for a couple days afterwards.

Kyle gets loud when we are in competitive big time games, last September I met multiple Clemson tailgaters who remarked how loud they thought Kyle was during the 2018 game.

As for Kliff's other picks, no shock that Autzen is listed, and Bryant Denny is fine I guess?
CajunAg97
AG
The end of the '16 Tennessee game was the loudest I've ever heard Kyle Field.
Saint Pablo
AgOutsideAustin said:

Shut up.
Saint Pablo
Interesting, the one time he coached in Kyle, his team creamed us.
TheWoodsAg
AG
Saint Pablo said:

Interesting, the one time he coached in Kyle, his team creamed us.
Actually, not that interesting if you remember the game or were there....Allen and the 3 pick 6s did us in, outside of that we hung with the National Champions for most of the day.

From the time of the Christian Kirk punt return in the 2nd quarter through the Myles Garrett punt block in the 3rd quarter, Kyle Field was charged up and was loud (including multiple Bama false starts and communication issues). When Garrett blocked the punt it was a 1 score game and we had the ball in their territory, Allen proceeded to throw 3 incomplete passes and afterwards he threw another pick 6 and Murray threw a pick during their back and forth waffling.

But for the better part of 2 quarters we were out playing them and the stadium was very loud.

This was the game that caused Saban to go on his Bama radio show the next week and talk about how great an atmosphere Kyle Field was and that the Bama fans could learn a thing or two from us (this was during the period he was mad about their fans leaving early all the time and I'm pretty sure this pissed them off - which is what Saban wanted)
maver1ck
AG
I just don't understand where Old Army got this idea that Kyle isn't loud anymore. As if students now care less about football than students in 1980.

The 12th Man is loud when the team gives them something to be loud about. It's that simple.
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
Quote:

As if students now care less about football than students in 1980.

Im not old army, but I 1000% think students in 1980 cared more about football than students now. I think a large portion of students now don't even care that much about A&M. I may br wrong, but I'll be damned if I admit it.

Also be damned before I recognize hawaii as a state

Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.