Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

CFB Risk Day 33 - Operation Reclaim Texas Continues

3,581 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Goose06
Goose06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
HOWDY ARMY!

This is the first installation of the daily CFB Risk update. We will try to provide these daily as a primer for those of you looking to get involved!

Operation "Reclaim Texas" continues. We successfully pushed back Michigan to retake New Mexico, providing us with a line of defense against those weasels. With New Mexico and part of Arizona, we can rid the west coast of the enemy. To add to that, we have them surrounded with our allies in the Texas-Oklahoma area. Closing in on the Wolverines with Stanford will be vital to our success as they have been quite an annoyance to Texas. Although Michigan barely squeezed through with a Texas Tech and Norman victory, we still plan on exterminating them and will do whatever we can to take that part of Texas back. Our Non-Aggression Pact with Wisconsin will be well worth it if we can take Lubbock and Norman back next round. If we can close off Michigan to Georgia Tech, Chaos, and Nebraska, we will be able to supply more troops to butcher that orange school. Back in the New England region our ally Ohio State is battling it out with Michigan, but hopefully Ohio State's bad luck can turn around in order to rid them of that territory. In the Southeast, Alabama is providing a great wall, preventing anyone from trying to escape our grasp. Back in Texas, we have cornered tu to two territories, and with good luck, we can finally eliminate them. Great attacking and even better defending will be vital to this next turn. If things go our way, lots of pressure will be lifting off our shoulders for the future. We are pleased with Alabama, Ohio State, and Stanford in their continuous aid to defeat that orange school and Michigan. Our Non-Aggression Pact with the Wisconsin Badgers is getting better every turn as well (they're cool guys, they brought beer!) Overall, Day 33 was a minor success and hopefully a stepping stone to victory. We still need your help though Ags! Gig 'em!

(Day 32 pictured above)

(Day 33 pictured above)

Leaderboards:

In terms of the leaderboards, we are currently sitting in 3rd place behind Michigan and Ohio State for star power and players THIS CANNOT HAPPEN. We need all Aggies on board if we are to win this thing. If you are playing, spread the word! Get your friends and family members to join! If you aren't playing what are you waiting for? We need everyone we can get if we are to win this thing. I have a hard time believing that a school of 70,000 and a former student body of hundreds of thousands has issues getting 1000 people to commit to clicking a button once a day on www.collegefootballrisk.com. Remember, the 12th man does NOT lose an online poll or an online game. Let's get it Ags!

How to join:
[ol]
  • Make a Reddit account on www.reddit.com
  • Use that Reddit account to login to www.collegefootballrisk.com
  • Join our private subreddit @ www.reddit.com/r/AggieCFBRisk
  • Read the latest strategy post to join our Discord!
  • Make sure to check the Discord (or the r/AggieCFBRisk subreddit if you do not have Discord) every day for orders and visit www.collegefootballrisk.com every day to play! This is not a huge time investment! It only takes 2 minutes a day (at absolute most!) to check orders and play.
  • [/ol]
    Battle of the Day:

Well Ags, the entirety of Texas was essentially one big battleground as operation "Reclaim Texas" continued. As part of our efforts to reclaim the Lone Star State, the battle of Austin ensued as we dominated tu out of their home territory ONCE again, doubling their power and overwhelming them. In addition to this, we held our homeland of College Station as those damn tea sips tried to take over not this time! We are doing the best we can to make Texas maroon again, however we are still in need of more players! Now is not the time to settle, we can still win this thing! Make sure to go out and recruit every Aggie you know! Have them reply to this post or message the moderators using modmail on r/AggieCFBRisk to get in and receive strategy so we can act as a united Old Army!

RNG of the Day:

All in all, RNG has been much worse to us in the past couple of nights. Over in Tech, we were favored to win with a 58% chance, and sending by far the most players into the territory. Unfortunately, the dice did not roll in our favor, but that's just how the game goes sometimes. We'll get them next time Ags, as operation reclaim Texas continues! Our good friends to the west, THE Ohio State University, did not have such good luck as they were -3.2 in actual territories. The Wisconsin Badgers, who are not our allies but with whom we have a Non-Aggression Pact, seen in bright Red, lost on a 65% chance to defend SMU from the orange invading hoard.

See you all tomorrow, and as always Thanks and Gig 'Em!
    Usoos
    AG
    Doing my part to eliminate the teasips.
    nickgeist7
    "Give me an Army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle... Give me a handful of Texas Aggies and I'll win a war." George S. Patton Jr.
    aggiecive
    AG
    Here. It really does only take 90 seconds or so a day once you have it setup. Let's rid our state of that nasty orange!
    Goose06
    AG
    It takes me 30 seconds to make my move and another 60 seconds to convince my wife to stop what she is doing and make her move on her phone!
    Drake aTm
    AG
    I have an acct and was accepted but o have no idea how or where to play.
    Goose06
    AG
    Drake aTm said:

I have an acct and was accepted but o have no idea how or where to play.
    Let me see if I can help...

The simple answer:

Click on the territory that Texas owns that you want to attack to see what the name of it it is, then scroll down below the map and click on that territory. For example: Rice is an option or SMU is another option. I recommend Rice!

More complicated answer:

First, you might just click around on the map some. You will see the name of each territory. For example, if you click on the southern tip of Texas, you will see that is the University of Texas El Paso territory. You can then click view history if you like and then if you click the logo of the team that owned it on a particular turn it will let you see how they won it. So if you click UTSA's history and then click on our logo on day 32 (yesterday) you will see that we won with 71% odds against Texas's 29% odds. I like to check these out just to see what Texas was up to. I will click through and look at some old maps and try to figure out what Texas did last turn and think what will they do this turn?

Texas' best odds to survive right now is to shotgun every turn. So they defend some but they also attack a lot of territories. If they attack 8 places with 25% odds in every place, they have pretty good odds of not being eliminated. If they defend 100% in one territory, their odds of winning that territory are good but their odds of being eliminated area also higher than they would otherwise be. So if you want to play defense (where you are 1.5x more powerful), you might pick a territory we control next to a Texas territory (such as UTSA, Houston, TCU, Baylor, Austin/Texas, or BCS/Texas A&M.

The way you can be most helpful:

Get involved in the subreddit and discord. This takes a little more work on the front end (downloading discord, figuring out how to work it if you are old like me, and then getting assigned to a squad...), but once you are on a squad you receive orders each day such as "Attack Rice" and then you just go do what you are told like a good soldier. There is an organized leadership team determining what we should do collectively each day. They know the star power of each squad and they are allocating our resources accordingly (in conjunction with our allies) so that we can accomplish our goals in an organized effort. If you want to get involved in the leadership, the discord is where you will be able to do so.
    AZAggie44
    AG
    Doing my part as well. It's super simple. Hopefully we can take back the state.
    RCR06
    AG
    Would it be a problem to post the faq guide from discord? Its in google docs.
    aggiecive
    AG
    Squad 11 here. Lets get 'em!
    aggiecive
    AG
    St Hedwig Aggie
    AG
    Orange-less Texas...it just sounds right!
    aggiecive
    AG
    West Point Aggie said:

Orange-less Texas...it just sounds right!
    A Texas with orange in it is not a Texas I want to live in. Let's rectify this!
    aggiecive
    AG
    You have until 10p to help beat back those sips!
    Goose06
    AG
    Posted a new daily briefing on another thread, but wanted to add this here:

Don't create alternate accounts. They track IP's and they will disqualify us. We had around 70 new alternate accounts yesterday which I have to assume was someone from Texags trying to be helpful. Its one thing if you have a family of 4 and 4 accounts from one IP, but there were over 10 accounts on several different IP's and they were all signed up on the same day. Lets try to win this honestly, not with bots or alts.
    Comeby!
    AG
    Can't join the subreddit. How do I get in?
    SEC Champs
    AG
    WTH is this?!
    Drake aTm
    AG
    Wow I finally made a move. Did my part and attacked rapist U
    Goose06
    AG
    Wede01 said:

WTH is this?!

Listen in to texags radio today. Gabe and team are going to have a segment on it.
    MathNewman06
    AG
    Joining - wish I had seen this sooner. Hopefully the TA radio bit will give us a boost.
    ABATTBQ11
    AG
    This would probably get more attention of there was some kind of walkthrough on how the game worked. As it is, I don't anything about it and just hit something orange when I remember to play.
    Tegridy
    Signed up after hearing the radio show today. Death to all tsips and their Yankee puppet masters!
    Goose06
    AG
    ABATTBQ11 said:

This would probably get more attention of there was some kind of walkthrough on how the game worked. As it is, I don't anything about it and just hit something orange when I remember to play.

I'll try to throw something into today's daily post
    Refresh
    Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
    See Subscription Benefits
    Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.