Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Coach Shimpboat/LSU still salty about 74-72

9,576 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by D206
hunter2012
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

The interviewer still asked it so it seems like this says more about their fanbase than the coach for him to bring it up and that was still their last loss. Still why address it when your sitting on a undefeated season and MNC?
TopoTacos
AG
I mean, he gave the right answer... it's a weird question though. Yes I'm sure that they didn't like losing to us, but it didn't keep them from a playoff berth or anything in all likelihood and they went scorched earth the next year.

However, to have a real actual rival again would be great, so I'm all for the hurt feelings and I hope we repay them in November this time around.
greg.w.h
AG
Still the greatest college football game in history!!!
Rick Flex
AG
50-7. I hope Fisher keeps that score up in Bright throughout the offseason and all the way up until we play them again. I'm all for any motivation to help this team get over the hump and start winning these games against Bama, Auburn and LSU. Coach O used it last year for his team... nothing like failure to motivate success.
jsmc71
AG
I watched SEC Ready last night. Coach O's demeanor towards A&M seems to me quite reminiscent of how the reporters treated Sumlin and our players at SEC Days prior to our first year in the SEC.

As in...A&M isn't in the same class of college football as LSU/the SEC. I may actually want to beat LSU worse than Bama now, even considering Saban's smug ass on the sideline.
up-n-aTm
AG
What's not being addressed here is the utterly embarrassing move of printing cups over a regular season conference win. LSU fans on other boards gave us a bunch of crap about it- and rightfully so.
94chem
We printed cups? WTH? Sounds like something a frat would do to commemorate a Tuesday.
Unemployed
AG
94chem said:

We printed cups? WTH? Sounds like something a frat would do to commemorate a Tuesday.
Come on, man. Why are you surprised?

We do some weird things like having the yell leaders squeeze their nuts or put a fake scoreboard where all the Reveilles are buried.
hunter2012
AG
RealTalk said:

94chem said:

Come on, man. Why are you surprised?

We do some weird things like having the yell leaders squeeze their nuts or put a fake scoreboard where all the Reveilles are buried.

It's a real scoreboard, we don't put fake scores on it.
Franklin Delano Bluth
AG
Those cups were dumb as ****

& we followed it up w 50-7

Coach O is right to point out how idiotic those cups were
TXAggie2011
AG
up-n-aTm said:

What's not being addressed here is the utterly embarrassing move of printing cups over a regular season conference win. LSU fans on other boards gave us a bunch of crap about it- and rightfully so.
I can't even be mad about Coach O cringing at the question.

And I think he's trying to "help" A&M in that response. He's basically saying "that was dumb of you, don't do that again, for your own sake."
Sparkie
AG
JoeAggie5 said:

hey the corps squeezes their nuts, get it right and print it on a cup!

You want to drink fron a cup with pictures of corps guys grabbing their nuts? Thats jaked up.
Decay
AG
It was a pretty big win, I'm fine printing it on cups. It's not like it's valuable real estate or anything.

It amuses me how much it riles the swamp rats up to mention the win, the cups, the refs, etc. They're quite mad and it's hilarious.
Propofolsu
Dude I just witnessed the greatest college season in football history. With a qb that won the heisman and broke every meaningful record that exist. Did I mention we won the title in our home state as well?

I promise you we doing just fine.
TxAg76
AG
Bull*****t....what we SHOULD have made were some cups that say 50-7, and having the players drink out of em at every single F'n meal....
TxAg76
AG
Propofolsu said:

Dude I just witnessed the greatest college season in football history. With a qb that won the heisman and broke every meaningful record that exist. Did I mention we won the title in our home state as well?

Congrats. Truly.
That said, we're trying to building a program to whoop your ass. Not just yours, but everyone's.
Respectfully, of course.
94chem
TxAg76 said:

Bull*****t....what we SHOULD have made were some cups that say 50-7, and having the players drink out of em at every single F'n meal....

Loses the effect in a gilded locker room. Your players either have an internal drive to win and be great or they don't.
At some point, Arkansas is going to beat the Aggies. They'll print cups and we'll make fun of them relentlessly.
Decay
AG
Propofolsu said:

...and yet here you are
TyperWoods
Eh....cups was kinda dumb.

But not as dumb as asking Orrgggrrrrrnnn about it.

And if the game wasn't such a big deal, why was L$U motivated by it last season?

Clearly, we still live in their heads. Hi coonasses!
AggieDadx3
Printing up those cups was one of the stupidest moves an athletic department could do. When I got my drink that night in that cup I knew instantly it would not go down well with the Swamp Kitties. Everything I predicted would happen did happen!!
Eff tu
rootube
AG
AggieDadx3 said:

Printing up those cups was one of the stupidest moves an athletic department could do. When I got my drink that night in that cup I knew instantly it would not go down well with the Swamp Kitties. Everything I predicted would happen did happen!!

The MOST stupid? Petrino's neck brace and Freeze's burner phone say HI!
TxAg76
AG
94chem said:

TxAg76 said:

Loses the effect in a gilded locker room. Your players either have an internal drive to win and be great or they don't.

C'mon, don't be bringin sense into this....
AggieDadx3
rootube said:

AggieDadx3 said:

The MOST stupid? Petrino's neck brace and Freeze's burner phone say HI!
Not sure those were sanctioned by the athletic departments at each school, but they are candidates for the stupidity hall of fame!
Eff tu
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
This is where Aggie jokes come from. Like giving Jimbo a National Championship plaque. So stupid.
Gil Renard
AG
Yeah LSU fans there's nothing to make fun of
technoviking
AG
T&P for Louisiana and its people.
DGAG92
AG
**** LSU and the entire state of louisiana
12mn95
AG
he actually answered pretty well considering the beat down they gave us. His face was like, that was weird that they printed those cups. heck, we have only beat them 1 time in what, 8 tries since we joined the SEC?
Showag05
12mn95 said:

he actually answered pretty well considering the beat down they gave us. His face was like, that was weird that they printed those cups. heck, we have only beat them 1 time in what, 8 tries since we joined the SEC
WOW This has to change. I'm tired of getting our ass kick by those trashy MFers.
Big Boy Football
12mn95
AG
Showag05 said:

12mn95 said:

he actually answered pretty well considering the beat down they gave us. His face was like, that was weird that they printed those cups. heck, we have only beat them 1 time in what, 8 tries since we joined the SEC
WOW This has to change. I'm tired of getting our ass kick by those trashy MFers.
Yeah, we used to own them back in the 90's. I agree with you, we need to beat their butts.

But they are consistently recruiting at a very high level. Lot's peope don't give coach O a lot of credit but if he failed there he would get all the blame, well he won so he should get the same level of credit. some people say, well he had that assistant coach and heiman winner. well, he is the one that got them there. and they had a great team overall, not just one player. same as if Jimbo wins here, he is gonna get the credit for what he does and criticism if he fails.
psybj
those cups weren't the motivation for LSU. As a psychologist I agree with the previous poster, bulletin board material is irrelevant, they either are motivated or they aren't. A few words don't make much difference. However what had the LSU players pizzed was Mond saying LSU lost because they weren't in condition, I think at the SEC Pre-Season thing.

Several LSU players were hurt in that game, it wasn't lack of conditioning. LSU players reminded each other of those comments thruout the season. They were committed to being in condition and to shutting Mond down.
psybj
Showag05
12mn95 said:

Showag05 said:

12mn95 said:

Yeah, we used to own them back in the 90's. I agree with you, we need to beat their butts.

But they are consistently recruiting at a very high level. Lot's peope don't give coach O a lot of credit but if he failed there he would get all the blame, well he won so he should get the same level of credit. some people say, well he had that assistant coach and heiman winner. well, he is the one that got them there. and they had a great team overall, not just one player. same as if Jimbo wins here, he is gonna get the credit for what he does and criticism if he fails.
"We used to own them back in the 90's"....
WAIT, IN THE 90'S...I don't give a dam what we did in the 90's.
Big Boy Football
mccag
S
Its time to OWN them in the 20's!
GIG'EM AGS. One Game At A Time!
cc10106
That was a dumb comment by Mond and gave a motivated LSU team even more fuel.

As for injuries, everyone deals with it by that point in the season, and any LSU fan using that as an excuse for losing to a good A&M team at Kyle deserves to be mocked.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.