Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Leon?

56,802 Views | 191 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by ahlongslide
LubbockAg92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just entered the portal. Did not see this one coming
OilFieldIRI
S
We will find out why in a few weeks
PyriteAg
AG
Well, that came out of left field.
Ag4coal
That seems really odd
OilFieldIRI
S
Hate to see it, kid was coming into his own.
PyriteAg
AG
Not a Bot
AG
Really like Leon. Wish him nothing but the best.

In terms of why, it would just be guesswork at this point.
Schrute Farms
Leon's been the most vocal supporter of this program. Something isn't right.
Texagsubscriber
We are upgrading talent at a rapid pace. It is a good thing. Now I wish the same would happen for the oline.
NATTY OR BUST. BUST IT IS.

GIVE ME NATTY, OR GIVE ME BAS!!!
Wabs
AG
WTF???
Post removed:
by user
Sterling82
I seriously doubt Leon is transferring because of influx of talent. Leon established himself as a contributor even after the dust up when he got benched.
AggieBlu
AG
The transfer portal is the devil

I will never understand how someone can tell so many lies and not feel bad about it...
Slamn Sharpe
MyNameIsKyle said:

Not. A. Loss.

And wish him well.

It's a huge loss
AggieBlu
AG
Does this mean we should like what Jimbo is doing from a competition and talent standpoint!?!?!
I will never understand how someone can tell so many lies and not feel bad about it...
Not a Bot
AG
Schrute Farms said:

Leon's been the most vocal supporter of this program. Something isn't right.

You are reading into something that isn't there.
ghowe
AG
I find it interesting considering Elko is his position coach. I can't imagine he is leaving because he was mishandled.

I am sorry to see him go, most certainly was going to be a solid contributor. That being said he was burned more than a few times this past season and is a long way from being an A player at his position. That's not to say he couldn't get there...
CrottyKid
AG
According Liucci's tweet, people inside the program might not be as surprised as us, because Leon has had a tumultuous tenure in Aggieland.
MaroonStain
AG
I think in Jimbo Year 3 the standards of being an Aggie football are getting stricter: 1) go to class and 2) limit distractions away from football. If an individual cannot manage these two items, then irregardless of talent, raw skill or seniority, you may be exiting the program.
Rick Flex
AG
Him walking out on the team in the middle of the game was an awful look. He was eventually going to be replaced by Young or Johnson.
Rick Flex
AG
Dario said:

Well, that came out of left field.

This did not come out of left field.
Jbob04
AG
Tugg Speedman said:

Him walking out on the team in the middle of the game was an awful look. He was eventually going to be replaced by Young or Johnson.

I agree with you, to me that was a selfish move. Now he announces his transfer during spring team building drills, another selfish move. He's vocal but Leon is all about Leon.
war hymn aggie
AG
This one is confusing to me because he had several tweets in the not so distant past about how great a decision he had made by coming to A&M & about how much he loved it here....
NoHo Hank
AG
Quote:

Win, lose or draw The 12th man never lost they're their spirit.
FIFY, Leon.
mcag83
AG
wtf
Bunk Moreland
Was hoping we'd be able to keep him on the right path for 3-4 years. You could tell by his antics on the field and thru SM his motor runs hot and he seems up and down.

Best of luck to him.
UnderTheHillAg
Nothing "happened"...The kid was a loudmouth who never shut up on twitter and it made hims seem like he was better than he actually was. He had one good game (gator bowl) and was consistently beat from there on out. Remember this is the guy who handled his poor play by quitting on the team and walking to the locker room during the middle of the game. I hope he goes somewhere that will make him content, and I hope he plays well there, but the kid needs to learn a valuable lesson from his time here about balling out during the game instead of on social media after it.
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
Well that just sucks
Nebules
AG
Quote:

This one is confusing to me because he had several tweets in the not so distant past about how great a decision he had made by coming to A&M & about how much he loved it here....

There's about as much substance in an average tweet as there is in a fart.
"For all intensive purposes, its the same thing. Then again, I could of cared less about what I actually wrote, as long as people didn't misunderstand the totality of what I was trying to say."
vander54
S
Leander - Ag
AG
Unfollow
levypantsEOY
I don't care what any of these armchair posters claim they know, this is a totally bizarre development from the most vocal program supporter, recruiter, Twitter smack talker that I can remember. Even if he was worried about PT, to go from the most extreme team guy to the transfer portal is insane.
curry97
AG
I don't think he will be missed that much IMO.
AggieDPT
AG
His biggest hits were on Twitter. Probably was told he'd have to fight for a spot and didn't want the competition.
rootube
AG
AggieDPT said:

His biggest hits were on Twitter. Probably was told he'd have to fight for a spot and didn't want the competition.
This is really not true. The guy is obviously a great player and he was shaping up to have a breakout year. What is really unfortunate is it is probably in everyone's best interest if he stays but you can't make someone stay who doesn't want to be here. Best of luck to him.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.