Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Misplaced Aggie Ring

8,905 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by dBoy99
javanero
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Have been holding off to post this until all hope was gone

Disney Orlando trip with Family January 1-7. Played sand volleyball on day off between visiting parks. Took ring off to get ready for night out. Haven't seen ring since then. Interrogated wife and our 5 daughters, other family with us. Wasn't able to find it. I can only imagine the worst that maybe it dropped in garbage. We left a distress note for the home owner and property management company how important the Ring is to me. First time daughters have seen their Old Man cry.

Class of 2000 ring. I have submitted to Alumni lost and found. Thank you in advance.
Anti-hate Anti-bevel
Javanero '00
AggsRule
You can buy anything one for 1k
AggieDPT
AG
At least the Association will pay for half
Class of 65
AG
Don't worry it will come back. While in tbe Army I lost the ring in the Missouri river while I was in Vietnam I left it my fatigues after the army i lost the ring in the back yard years later it was lost in my night stand when we moved to Venezuela. Now I don't wear it because of Arthritism
S.A. Aggie
AG
Mine was stolen in 83 and returned in 93. Keep your hopes up.
aeon-ag
javanero said:

Have been holding off to post this until all hope was gone

Disney Orlando trip with Family January 1-7. Played sand volleyball on day off between visiting parks. Took ring off to get ready for night out. Haven't seen ring since then. Interrogated wife and our 5 daughters, other family with us. Wasn't able to find it. I can only imagine the worst that maybe it dropped in garbage. We left a distress note for the home owner and property management company how important the Ring is to me. First time daughters have seen their Old Man cry.

Class of 2000 ring. I have submitted to Alumni lost and found. Thank you in advance.
WHAT IS ALOOMNI????!!!!
RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
S.A. Aggie said:

Mine was stolen in 83 and returned in 93. Keep your hopes up.

That's a hell of a teaser. Tell the rest of the story
Kozmozag
I've lost.a couple of them, still waiting on a great story and their return...lol
ABATTBQ11
AG
I did something similar when I went back to CS for boot pull. Thought it was gone for months until our next vacation when the wife found it in a random suitcase pocket. There's hope.
Al Bula
AG
Losing an Aggie ring is a kick in the dick for sure. Lost mine the night of the SHSU game in 2013. It either got stolen when I took it off to crap or slid off unbeknownst to me.

Good luck.
thenational
AG
Mine was stolen in 1999 (class of '92), never returned. Never got another one, doing fine.
Bison
AG
Original stolen by apartment cleaners, 2002, never recovered (still on file with AFS).

New one received 2004 in time for wedding, lost for several weeks in 2015. It was feared fallen into the garbage can, or else had been taken by house cleaners (different crew). Then one day I put on a pair of khakis hanging on the door to go teach my HIST1301 class, got to class, needed a marker about fifteen minutes in, reached into my pocket and let fly the F-bomb for the first time ever in class when my fingers found the ring.

Post removed:
by user
agz win
AG
Lost mine during a hay ride with a beauty on a cold November night. Searched high and low with friends and multiple metal detectors. Wasn't found and I was feeling really low.

I finally gave up and ordered a replacement ring. It arrived and was wearing it when contacted that an elementary student found my original ring during a school class outing.

I now have two Aggie rings - one for each hand. The original has a diamond and the twin does not.

Keep the faith and have hope.
HossAg
AG
What a weird shtick you have.

Definition: "a graduate or former student, especially a male one, of a particular school, college, or university."
Geriatric Punk
AG
HossAg said:

Definition: "a graduate or former student, especially a male one, of a particular school, college, or university."
You must not have gotten a thorough brain washing at fish camp and beyond.
Life's an endless party, not a pushcart.
DGAG92
AG
Mine was stolen from my truck console in 2014 in San Antonio. I paid $360 for the ring, with a diamond, in 1991 and it cost $1,340 in 2015 for a new one, without a diamond. Probably will never see the original. However, I did lose my 1989 SWC Championship baseball ring and got it back. I stopped at a service station to use the rest room, removed the ring to wash my hands and left it on the sink. 4 weeks later I get a phone call from the athletic department that it had been found....awesome day that was!!!
HossAg
AG
Geriatric Punk said:

HossAg said:

You must not have gotten a thorough brain washing at fish camp and beyond.

I think aeon ag is probably one of those nerds that screams uncover and pass it back the whole game till they burst a blood vessel.
alamogeorge
AG
Hope it turns up. I pay a couple of bucks a month to USAA for Valuable Property Insurance. It's not covered under homeowners.

I've also had the lost item found in a pocket years later like mentioned above. Check the pockets in your swim trunks. Especially that little pocket on the inside in the front.

Post it on Aggie Ring lost and found Facebook page. there's people on there who stalk eBay listings and have found a few that way. There's also people willing to come out with their metal detectors. I wouldn't be surprised if you could get a hold of an Aggie in Florida who would go make a run for you to the volleyball pit.
"You may all go to hell, and I will go to Aggieland!" -Davy Crockett
schmellba99
AG
Shife said:

Losing an Aggie ring is a kick in the dick for sure. Lost mine the night of the SHSU game in 2013. It either got stolen when I took it off to crap or slid off unbeknownst to me.

Good luck.
Tha hell you need to take your ring off to drop a deuce???
Lateralus Ag
AG
Shife said:

Good luck.

Serious question: why do you take your ring off to crap?
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Lateralus Ag said:

Shife said:

Good luck.

Perhaps he fears getting dookie on his Ring ....
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Lost mine dove hunting at the Paloma Pachanga Ranch in Hondo. Hell of a time hunting, didn't realize it was gone until is was 3 hours away. Went back and looked where my truck was parked, where I hunted, and where we cleaned, but never found it.

Will probably get my new one in a couple of years, I got more important things I'm saving up for now.

Pro-tip, jewelry insurance is stupidly inexpensive and will cover anything like that being lost. I was an idiot for not having it.
Lateralus Ag
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

Lateralus Ag said:

Shife said:

Good luck.

Perhaps he fears getting dookie on his Ring ....

Not sure the logistics of that....you'd have to get pretty deep to get crap on a ring.
JoeAggie5
Lost mine for six months, it ended up on the window sill of my living room behind a curtain. Pretty sure my kid was messing with it, but he was 1 at the time so he didn't fess up.
milner79
Shife said:

It either got stolen when I took it off to crap or slid off unbeknownst to me.
aTmhockey just became a person of interest ...
ILuvAgLand
Lateralus Ag said:

Shife said:

Good luck.

And how would it have been stolen. Did you set it down out in the open or were you crapping out in the open?
Class of 65
AG
Muslim
who?mikejones
AG
Lost mine in 2008, got in back in november. A mouse stole it and hid it in a tom and jerry like mouse hole. No hockey.
Post removed:
by user
jrwoodchuck
Y'all evidently don't know how to size rings.
CyberWCM
I lost mine while body surfing in St. Maarten. About a year later, I got a call from a guy who had found it and traced it back through the Association of Former Students, using my name engraved on the inside of the ring.
Meximan
schmellba99 said:

Shife said:

Good luck.
Tha hell you need to take your ring off to drop a deuce???

Still no answer
TyperWoods

Is that the ring on the table?
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.