Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Who to replace Graham with?

15,081 Views | 53 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Lateralus Ag
cevans_40
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
ATM1996 said:

Is there any High School Coaches in Texas you would recommend

Not the guy at North Shore
titanmaster_race
Don't have any running backs, so why do we need a RB coach?
halfastros81
AG
Obvious answer is obvious.

Disagree with you about having no rb's . Spiller is damned good
Commander Gorn
AG
We need a coach with strong Polynesian ties
Lateralus Ag
AG
AustinAg2012 said:

McDadeTXAggie said:

Lateralus
Vicariously I disagree.
lil_frog8
AG
Gary Brown... coached 2 NFL single season rushing leaders
Fighting Texas Aggie class of '04
Ag86Hotard109
AG
LEJ said:

Callate Donnie said:

hyt said:

larry porter from auburn. big time recruiter with long ties to sec and fisher...
I read this as Harry Potter at first.

I need more sleep.

I pictured THIS guy!

Come on man!....not even close. That is Larry Potterfield.
Jarrin' Jay
AG
Prideof SA and hunter, those comments are off base and uneducated.

Graham was with Fisher at FSU and has done a good job. It's not out of left field he would want to go back to coach for where he played and spent prior time coaching both at the school and in the state.

I hope / assume you know that position coaches do not exclusively recruit their position and their position only. Also the RB room departures were not of his making (injury, grades, transfer due to PT). Just don't think we should disparage a coach who is a Fisher guy just because he wanted to go back to his "home" to coach.

Confident Fisher will fill the position with a high quality candidate, likely none of the names here. Fisher is a well respected and extremely well connected CFB head coach. Who saw the new TE coach hire.

Agsuffering@bulaw
I think this is probably correct, but do you know what happened?

Why were we not able to get 2 RBs in the 19 class? Did we have to promise Spiller exclusivity?
Did we know that Cordarrian was an academic risk or was that a surprise?
Did we go all-in on Evans and lose the other TXRBs, or were they just not interested?
Mejicano
At this point I don't want to badmouth Graham for what he might have done or not done here. He is no longer with program, so let's talk who the next guy will be. Any leads from Looch or Brauny? Jimbo has been on a recruiting tear for assistant coaches and recruiting personnel, so I am really wanting to see if this is another homerun hire or are we going with up and comer. Based on latest results... homerun hire is in the cards for us.
randy828
AG
What's Greg Hill up to these days? Coaching?

Also, Justin Hill. RB Coach at Tulsa. Played in Dallas area, went to Rice.
I was in the room here one day... watchin' the Mexican channel on TV. I don't know nothin' about Pele. I'm watchin' what this guy can do with a ball and his feet. Next thing I know, he jumps in the air and flips into a somersault and kicks the ball in - upside down and backwards... the dang (sc) goalie never knew what the hell hit him. Pele gets excited and he rips off his jersey and starts running around the stadium waving it around his head. Everybody's screaming in Spanish. I'
Unemployed
AG
randy828 said:

What's Greg Hill up to these days? Coaching?

Hopefully at a job that pays him to do actual work.
TAM85
ouch, DMN
ATM1996
What about Lee Fedora at A&M Consolidated? He has ties with Texas A&M doesn't he?
dixichkn
AG
Agsuffering@bulaw said:

I think this is probably correct, but do you know what happened?

Why were we not able to get 2 RBs in the 19 class? Did we have to promise Spiller exclusivity?
Did we know that Cordarrian was an academic risk or was that a surprise?
Did we go all-in on Evans and lose the other TXRBs, or were they just not interested?
I don't think McGowan nor McClellan were ever really interested, both of then committed pretty early on to ZeroU (McClellan moving on obviously). Zach and EJ were the only other 2 in that stratosphere, and Jimbo put forth pretty good effort toward them both. 2nd RB is coming. Most likely Hubbard, but don't think if Evans decided to finally settle in here, they wouldn't slap that blueshirt on Crownover so fast he wouldn't know what hit him. We shall see. I think we've all pretty much moved on from ZE
hyt
AG
hyt said:

larry porter from auburn. big time recruiter with long ties to sec and fisher...
welp, i was wrong about that one. seems former sip tommie robinson was fisher's man...
Not a Bot
Jbob04
AG
hyt said:

hyt said:

welp, i was wrong about that one. seems former sip tommie robinson was fisher's man...

rab79
AG
hyt said:

hyt said:

So 2 seasons coaching at tu out of a 33 year coaching career makes him a sip?
Lateralus Ag
AG
With whom should we replace Graham?

Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.