Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Achane 40 time

6,791 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by jaxisback
UnderTheHillAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
There's a thread already in premium, but I can't post there and nobody has any answers anyway. Can any of y'all speculate on his 40 time? It's gotta be at least sub 4.4. He's got that special Deion Sanders kinda speed where he's running so fast it almost looks like he's not trying.
Bock for Breakfast
AG
It's probably 4.45 to 4.50
vander54
S
Bock for Breakfast said:

Sounds about right
Risky101
S
According to 247 he has a verified 10.82 100 meter time so you could use this...

https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/3e1vfa/ochow_40yard_dash_result_translated_to_100_sprint/

...to extrapolate your own conclusion as to his 40 yard time.
Red Rover
AG
I heard he can get from one end of MFBarnes house to the other in under 2 minutes, so the kid's fast. Probably in the 3.4 - to - 4.5 range.
LatinAggie1997
AG
Bock for Breakfast said:

I would bet against that time. All visual and track data leads to he being an elite sprinter. Von Miller, a freak yes, ran a 4.49 at the combine. Andrew Luck ran a 4.65.
TheWalkOn
AG
If he run a 10.8 100 like listed.....not many (Although there are some) are catching that dude if he finds space
Scotty Appleton
I think that time is spot on. His 100m time is good, but not near elite speed for a high school 100m. His 200m is much better, so keeps it going once he gets going,.
TEXAS FINEST
Stop thats a bad comparison....DS ran 4.2 without ever stretching.
LatinAggie1997
AG
Scotty Appleton said:

I think that time is spot on. His 100m time is good, but not near elite speed for a high school 100m. His 200m is much better, so keeps it going once he gets going,.

Fair enough. All the video I've seen has him rarely sprinting at the onset. From what I saw he typically runs in 3-4th gear until he sees an opening/lane and then hits top gear. I would make a small net he will run a sub 4.5, probably around 4.45 ..C. Kirk ran a 4.47
vander54
S
LatinAggie1997 said:

Scotty Appleton said:

Fair enough. All the video I've seen has him rarely sprinting at the onset. From what I saw he typically runs in 3-4th gear until he sees an opening/lane and then hits top gear. I would make a small net he will run a sub 4.5, probably around 4.45 ..C. Kirk ran a 4.47

So exactly what Bock for Breakfast said
LatinAggie1997
AG
Mistyped..4.4 - 4.45
TheWalkOn
AG
https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/Football-recruiting-national-signing-day-fastest-players-2020-class-Demond-Demas-Chris-Tyree-140670786/#140670786_1

Good for reference considering many player profiles also have 100m times.
LatinAggie1997
AG
TheWalkOn said:

https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/Football-recruiting-national-signing-day-fastest-players-2020-class-Demond-Demas-Chris-Tyree-140670786/#140670786_1

Good for reference considering many player profiles also have 100m times.

Good find, thanks. We shall see how fast Achane is running with Demas.
98WFSCAG
AG
What I hear from TexAgs radio makes it sound like Achane is hands down the fastest in the class. With Demas running a 4.44 then he's gotta be faster.
LesterHaze

How often does a player run 40 yards during a football game? OL, DL, LB never. QB less than 5 times per season. RB almost never. WR & DB a few times per game.

Just as the top 5 team weight lifting records are typically achieved by walkons every year, how fast some dude covers 120 feet in a straight line is basically just as useless. Save KO returners, it's a worthless test leftover from the 1950's.

Football player achievement is directly defined by sudden bursts of speed, measured from a dead stop and performed within less than 1-3 feet of space in all directions. Only then, if a player has the required QUICKNESS to compete at a meaningful level at his respective position, can their continued foot speed have any sort of relevance at all for the next 39 yards.

Forty yard dash = Favorite pizza in most cases.
Leemarvin
AG
Splitting hairs here Who cares
Scotty Appleton
Wouldn't say it is worthless. Shuttle time is probably better for most positions. Still, guys like Tyreek Hill, Chris Johnson, John Brown, Deion, Darrell Green are/were the scariest and most explosive guys on the field. They all have one thing in common.
DFWag84
probably a 4.39

Matsui
AG
So far he has been faster than any other person on the field.
TheWalkOn
AG
Leemarvin said:

Splitting hairs here Who cares
It's the day before ESD and some of us are excited about how much he's tearing up the playoffs.

Tape is tape, some of that involves some conjecture.

oklacityag75
AG
QB1
AG
Rocket was clocked at 4.19 back in the day!!!
Czechs Out 03
AG
So, we've established he runs very fast, but does he run hard? And through many holes?
jaxisback
Probably in the 4.4's maybe below. At his dimensions he has to have a strong first 20 yards or he wouldn't post that kind of a 100m.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.