Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Go Navy. Beat Army.

4,172 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Bob Harris
trueaggie2782
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Whoop!
45-70Ag
AG
My son and i enjoy watching this game every year.

My dad was navy and i was army, he always asks who he should want to win.

Don't really care about the outcome but it's a good way to wrap up the regular season.
Mr. Black
PneumAg
I've never understood the appeal of this game.
bowhuntr
It's a different type of game and TV doesn't do it justice.
milner79
I would love to go to this game. Someday.

Go Navy!!

God bless America.
lotoarmy
AG
Get outta here, Popeye!
Last of the Old Army
jagvocate
AG
PneumAg said:

Women and sissy men are starting to follow more and more sporting events. You'll come around.

Luke The Drifter
northeastag
AG
milner79 said:

I would love to go to this game. Someday.

Go Navy!!

God bless America.
It's a heck of a lot of fun. Although I'm navy vet, a friend of mine at work who went to West Point pulled his tickets for me and I sat with his Army class.

What struck me most about the game were the large number of midshipmen and cadets that were there with their immigrant parents You could tell that they were all as proud as they could be. The great American melting pot right before your eyes.

It's worth the trip!
bowhuntr
Agree...all 50 states represented there. Never thought of that.
Whatthefunyo
PneumAg said:

Perhaps you could partake in a sliver of patriotism and community unity out of respect for our armed services? Is that asking too much?
Texas Turkey
?dl=1
schmellba99
AG
PneumAg said:

Yeah...the two main service academies, patriotism, pagentry...horrible stuff.
SquirrellyDan
AG
PneumAg said:

What? So what's the appeal of watching a bunch of unpaid semi pros playing with a schools name on their jersey? I love college football and I love this game.....some of these guys could have got a scholarship to play anywhere but make a commitment to attend an academy, foregoing tons of benefits and luxuries they'd have had at a traditional college. What's your issue with it?
PneumAg
I am as conservative, patriotic, and pro-military as it gets. But watching this game is truly a beating. That's just how I feel about it. Obviously many of you disagree, and that is completely fine.
SquirrellyDan
AG
PneumAg said:

I am as conservative, patriotic, and pro-military as it gets. But watching this game is truly a beating. That's just how I feel about it. Obviously many of you disagree, and that is completely fine.

I understand the style of play can be a bit underwhelming...but that navy qb is a bad ass. Navy's dline is just too dominant, but army is fun to watch when they get it going. They took Michigan to overtime and that was one of the better games I watched all season. To each his own, though. The history and the organizations they're playing for make this a special game, regardless of the level of the play on the field, IMO.

To me, this game represents the very best of college football.
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
trueaggie2782
AG
Whoop!
trueaggie2782
AG
I wonder how many guys will take advantage of the XO that Trump just signed. The Navy QB may very well be able to go play professionally.
Post removed:
by user
Buford T. Justice
AG
For me, it's the best game of the entire football season.
milner79
So many great reasons to enjoy this game... some of them having little to do with football.
Sponge
AG
Aggiebrewer said:

No knees taken

Ah ha! All the players are racists that support white cops shooting innocent black people and not being charged or even fired.
bmorris332
AG
Go Navy 31-7
SquirrellyDan
AG
Buford T. Justice said:

For me, it's the best game of the entire football season.

It's played like football in the fifties and sixties. Love how army sticks to their nature with ground and pound. Would be interesting to see an elite talent team try this in today's game.
RC_57
AG
Attended my youngest graduation ceremony at Great Lakes RTC yesterday

So Go Navy!!
Liquid Wrench
I got to see Navy play at UH a couple years ago and it was exciting to watch that offense up close in person. I grew up in the era when most Texas high schools and colleges were in pro sets or I formations, w/ the exception of Pardee's run and shoot at UH. So I've never really seen how that triple option (or whatever it's called) works. Pretty fun and interesting. I don't understand how anyone can say it's boring to watch.
O'Doyle Rules
AG
too much hero worshiping up front
NavyAg92
AG
Only fitting that I close this thread with "Go Navy, we BEAT the sh/t outta Army!" Whoop!!
Jaster
AG
My son is at USNA in Annapolis and I can tell you that the game takes on a completely different meaning now. It's not just a game anymore. It's a very moving event and a brotherhood for these mids and cadets. A few years ago, I had little interest but that has all changed.
ironmanag
AG
PneumAg said:

You are also constantly negative and tend to think the worst about everything so there's that.

I will never understand the need of some posters to come in and crap on every thread that is meant to be positive, just to express some negative view of the topic.
According to the Biden White House, what Joe Biden says does not represent the official position of the Biden administration.
Iowaggie
AG
FB question for anyone who actually followed Army.

What happened this year? How does Army take Michigan to 2OT and have that 5 game losing streak and end up the way they did? Did they have some key injuries?
ntxVol
QB injuries.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.