Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Ex-A&M QB Nick Starkel to leave Arkansas as well

19,201 Views | 79 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by TyHolden
MSU/SECALUM
How long do you want to ignore this user?
http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/12/13/ex-am-qb-nick-starkel-to-leave-arkansas-as-well/
babyshark
Welcome home Nick
TAMUallen
AG
Umm Starkel won't play next level
runontexas
AG
Would like to see him land at UTSA. #BirdsUp San Antonio Lets Go!

#GigEm
anaggieshusband
Eat em Up Kats!!
LEJ
X F L
Frederick Palowaski
AG
You're such a d**che
woodyhayes
Lamar needs qb's and just hired a new coach that was the qb coach at San Diego St.
StrykerAg
AG
Who knew he and Tate would end up having so much in common?
S.A. Aggie
AG
I'm good with that!
Franklin Delano Bluth
AG
Nm
FrontPorchAg
I wish him the best and hope he gets his degree.
All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others
Ag4coal
StrykerAg said:

Who knew he and Tate would end up having so much in common?

I don't think the two men should be mentioned in the same sentence, but damn this is funny.

Good luk to Nick though!
Aggie_Swag18
He should probably go with play for Mazzone again. He played well in that system where he is just getting out of his hands fast and limiting his chances for poor decisions and turnovers. This is probably his best chance for success.
Any man who can hitch the length and breadth of the galaxy, rough it, slum it, struggle against terrible odds, win through, and still know where his towel is, is clearly a man to be reckoned with.
Al Bula
AG
Wait, is he now ass my dude or not?
johnnyblaze36
AG
Good for Nick and I'll bet one million dollars he takes more snaps in the NFL than Mond does. Any takers?

Side note: I don't have one million dollars but am still salty about the UCLA game at the Rose Bowl.
Owlagdad
Wish he would go finish at Rice. Harvard transfer did ok, Stanford run game first, but the coach loosened up and threw ball and Rice won some games. Their are receivers coming back, and no defense in CUSA. Still a few old time Rice guys that want football success. With an Aggie and Rice degree, he would be making 6 figures in Houston quickly if it not work out for him.
EliteZags
AG
johnnyblaze36 said:

Good for Nick and I'll bet one million dollars he takes more snaps in the NFL than Mond does. Any takers?

Side note: I don't have one million dollars but am still salty about the UCLA game at the Rose Bowl.

better than bein salty about San Jose State AM I RITE???
maroongoon95
AG
He must be working on his Doctoral degree by now.
CowPieAndFries
He's coming back to continue his education. Will be on the squad as well.
who?mikejones
AG
Someone still thinks he going to be in the NFL?

The texags starkle infatuation has been and continues to be mindblowing. He is an average backup.
TEXAS FINEST
I can see Nick doing well at next level as a Backup...Chase Daniels still in league holding a ckip board
jja79
AG
He also completed almost 70% and had over 100 TD passes. Mizzou finished ranked in the top 5 with him at QB.
who?mikejones
AG
Hollywood58 said:

I can see Nick doing well at next level as a Backup...Chase Daniels still in league holding a ckip board

He wasn't even a good back up qb at the college level.

Edit: reaponse was to for hollywood58
Unemployed
AG
johnnyblaze36 said:

Who cares. This is college not NFL. Starkel couldn't hack it in college so that's all that matters.
Southlake
Chase Daniel = Gary Kubiak
TEXAS FINEST
He wasn't given chance as backup but his last bowl game as an Aggie he put up hell a numbers...I think injury in UCLA game
prevented all to see his value..
Uncle Jimbo
Hollywood58 said:

Why are there people who still think Starkel is even an ok QB?

Chase Daniel was a heisman contender who won like 10 games a year as a college starter.
Unemployed
AG
Starkel had plenty of chances at Arkansas. He couldn't beat out a transfer QB from SMU (Hicks), a former walk-on (Lindsey), and true freshman (Jefferson).

Starkel seems like a good person and teammate. As a QB? Not so much.
AggieDPT
AG
The Starkel obsession here is mind boggling. He wasn't good enough to play here and he wasn't good enough to play for a ****ty Arkansas team.
leardriver
AG
I like the guy and want him to find a good landing spot and have some success.

It always seemed to me that Nick was anxious to show off his considerable arm talent, and maybe he pressed too hard to make plays. He could be careless with the ball, because he was pressing.

At this point, he needs to find a smaller venue with a really good coach who can exploit Nick's arm talent. Then Nick needs to play within himself, protect the football, and continue to be the kind of teammate that raises the performance level of everyone around him.

I wish him the best and hope to see him in the League for a few years.

CB, '67
Sometimes if you want a different answer, you have to ask a different question.
Artorias
AG
AggieDPT said:

The Starkel obsession here is mind boggling. He wasn't good enough to play here and he wasn't good enough to play for a ****ty Arkansas team.

Almost as mind boggling as people who are obsessed with hating on him every chance they get. By all accounts Nick is a good kid and was a good teammate and graduated an Aggie. There is nothing wrong with wishing him well wherever he goes.
who?mikejones
AG
Theres a difference between that and still clinging to a phantom skill set he does not have.

I too wish him success. There is just no need to keep bringing him up and lamenting about what might have been.
Artorias
AG
who?mikejones said:

Theres a difference between that and still clinging to a phantom skill set he does not have.

I too wish him success. There is just no need to keep bringing him up and lamenting about what might have been.

Nobody is doing that
Alpha Texan
AG
runontexas said:

Would like to see him land at UTSA. #BirdsUp San Antonio Lets Go!

#GigEm
Hello TexAgs, for you new folk, this poster is a sip troll
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.