Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Source: Manziel - QB Coach / Asst OC

24,361 Views | 117 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by A New Hope
TopoTacos
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It's not going to happen, but I would love to see Johnny get back into football in a coaching position. He definitely had a mind for the game even if he made some poor choices along the road.

It seems like he is working hard to get his life back on track and I think that even as a QB coach/QC position he could bring a wrinkle to our offensive system.
Faustus
Maybe bring Bre Tiesi as an assistant track coach, and see what happens.
Don Dawson
He would defiantly add a wrinkly and get other teams to think about it.
TxFig
AG
Don Dawson said:

I've only seen those tweets and emails that you guys have seen from some significant boosters on this, but only rumors. While sounds crazy, it would inject needed excitement into the program.

The offense clearly needs some help and creativity, so why not Johnny?

Not much downside considering what he may do with recruiting alone. Aggie. Heisman winner. NFL first round draft pic. He could get in any living room.

Because that style of offense sucks big donkey balls.

And with his horrible character, he would be a MASSIVE negative in recruiting.
--
Chris Barnes
Retired A&M IT geek - now beekeeper
http://www.cornerstonehoneybees.com/
oysterbayAG
AG
Human beings can change!
Artorias
AG
QB coach/Asst OC doesn't seem that outlandish to me.

With his pro/college QB training/experience, in addition to all his private QB training, a QB coach position seems reasonable.

Asst OC would likely be more of a support/learning position. Not calling plays or strategizing offensive schemes weekly.

jeepdriver54
AG
Manziel has shown two things. First he was amazing to watch on the field. Second and more importantly he showed how celebrity can ruin your life.

Since the Heisman ceremony his life has gone downhill and he doesn't seem to care. I would never want my kid to be coached by the likes of him. He had the world offered to him and what did he do? Pissed it away.

I am sad he is associated with TAMU.
PFG
AG
Quote:

There it is. With a few weeks to spare. The dumbest thing posted on TA in 2019.

Ban please.
Deputy Travis Junior
mugwurt said:

With his pro/college QB training/experience, in addition to all his private QB training, a QB coach position seems reasonable.

Asst OC would likely be more of a support/learning position. Not calling plays or strategizing offensive schemes weekly.

Not outlandish? Are you ****ing kidding me?

Since he left a&m 6 years ago, every single element of his football career has been a complete train wreck. He didn't study or prepare, he failed on the field and blew every second chance, and he accumulated more baggage than a thief doing double shifts at an airport. He was infamous for blowing off meetings/coaching sessions and not studying the playbook.

We are a major college football program, not a filming site for the next season of Last Chance U. If he wants to get his crap together, build up some coaching experience at lower levels, and then make the jump to college, great for him. That would be an awesome story. But he has no business at a D-1 program right now. He doesn't have the experience of knowledge to do the job.
spherical
AG
jeepdriver54 said:

Manziel has shown two things. First he was amazing to watch on the field. Second and more importantly he showed how celebrity can ruin your life.

Since the Heisman ceremony his life has gone downhill and he doesn't seem to care. I would never want my kid to be coached by the likes of him. He had the world offered to him and what did he do? Pissed it away.

"Dammit Otto! You have Lupus!"
TxAg76
AG
mugwurt said:

Had this in another thread....my guess on his coaching style based on all that "training"....

"Aaight, don't worry about all that "read the defense" shiit....just hang in the pocket until it breaks down, scramble til your clear, and throw to what you see....because the receivers will all have broken off their routes at that point....

Oh yeah, F class....you only live once, so party like a rock star....coaching staff will take care of the grades thing for you...."
Sparkie
AG
Jff can't read a playbook much less create one.
zephyr88
AG
Faustus said:

Maybe bring Bre Tiesi as an assistant track coach, and see what happens.
A New Hope
Only if he's bringing Bre

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.