Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Stay the course...

2,863 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by DSAG
agg15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Jimbo Fisher is a great coach who knows how to win, and has won it all before. Texas A&M is on the right track.

Our young Oline will get stronger and better. We now have two great young TEs that will be fantastic next year and help protect the QB as well as pose dynamic threats as receivers in passing and lead blockers or running threats in rushing.
We are developing a QB "next guy up" workshop between Mond, Foster, Calzada, and King.
This year we lost our starting running back which gave the two younger backs a chance to get much better as the year progressed. And with the recent addition at RB from recruiting, we are getting a good stable of runners that will be getting better.
Our corners and safeties were young this year but kept everyone except Joe Borrow from passing very much. And our defense in general has been playing really well all season.

I know it sucks right now, but stay the course and stand by our team. We are coming... And we are going to win lots of games very soon.
TheWoodsAg
AG
Is it a young o-line when 3 guys have started 2+ years and a 4th is a 5th year senior?
Cassius
"young"

I always get a kick out if it when that excuse is used.
Tango_Mike
What does "stay the course" mean? Are you directing the Zoo to not disband the football program? Nobody here is making any decisions (though Bayside Darville wants you to believe zhe's important)

And you can't see the future any better than the hardcore potbangers
ATM9000
AG
I've followed Aggie football closely for 22 seasons now and we've been 'young' for at least 18 of those.
Flashdiaz
AG
Is it too much to ask to work with what is there already? Some sort of adaptability rather than trying to shove a square through a triangle hole? There was no progress this season. Yeah yeah tough schedule but most games our offense was outmatches from the first quarter where we were trying to dictate rather than exploiting the defense weaknesses.
TraAggie
Uh, do we have a choice? You say "stay the course" as if there's another option. We HAVE to stay the course because we're anchored to Fisher. I'm furious. We are the epitome of mediocrity. I'm having trouble believing we can actually even recruit Texas anymore being that we're second fiddle to the sips, LSU, Bama, OU, and probably even Baylor now out recruiting us in our own back yard. There is NO excuse for this team being this bad, NONE
texasaggie84
AG
OP is exactly right.
Stallion99
AG
An offensive line that has >100 starts going into last night is not young in college football.
Ozamataz Buckshank 01
AG
When you start juniors on the offensive line, and they have been starters for 2+ years, then you are not young. They are not going to magically be able to block better by their Senior Year. McCoy was awesome by the time he was a freshman to now. He is the starting center for the #1 team in the NFC. Everyone else A&M has, with the exception of Green, should be playing for a team like Houston, SMU, or Iowa State.
"You can't grade the success of a CEO by how likeable he is."
TexasLeaguer
AG
That was a college offensive line?!?! Oh, jeez, I thought Jimbo was letting HS recruits audition for scholarships last night.
DartmouthAg
Good analogy. That pretty much sums up most of the game: high school v. college.
GumboMaverick
TraAggie said:

Uh, do we have a choice? You say "stay the course" as if there's another option. We HAVE to stay the course because we're anchored to Fisher. I'm furious. We are the epitome of mediocrity. I'm having trouble believing we can actually even recruit Texas anymore being that we're second fiddle to the sips, LSU, Bama, OU, and probably even Baylor now out recruiting us in our own back yard. There is NO excuse for this team being this bad, NONE

You don't have to believe we can recruit. Just look. Top 5 recruiting
agg15
TheWoodsAg said:

Is it a young o-line when 3 guys have started 2+ years and a 4th is a 5th year senior?

You're young when 10 out of 19 of your OL are Freshmen, and those Freshmen are better than the Juniors and Seniors you do have...
_lefraud_
AG
WWC2001 said:

When you start juniors on the offensive line, and they have been starters for 2+ years, then you are not young. They are not going to magically be able to block better by their Senior Year. McCoy was awesome by the time he was a freshman to now. He is the starting center for the #1 team in the NFC. Everyone else A&M has, with the exception of Green, should be playing for a team like Houston, SMU, or Iowa State.

McCoy plays for the 49ers?
GigEmTx
The 5 teams we lost to this year have a combined record of 54-6 this year. 4 of those 6 losses came to the other teams we lost to. The only teams that have beaten any of those 5 teams were Florida and South Carolina, who each won one game against one of those teams.

The Aggies are 0-5 against those 5 teams, but if you remove the games those 5 teams played against themselves, the rest of college football is 2-50 against them.

Last night looked horrible, but hope we can let the anger build for next year.
Coog_aTm
WWC2001 said:

I'm not even sure some of our guys are any better than their counterparts on the teams you mentioned. I mean how could they do much worse. I was thinking more like Sam Houston State. Seriously, I have seen some other teams like UTSA have a guy or two that looks like they could play for us without any drop off. Sickening.
Muy
AG
We have a senior-heavy lineup next year, which means we'll be even more young in 2022.
PyriteAg
AG
agg15 said:

Jimbo Fisher is a great coach who knows how to win, and has won it all before. Texas A&M is on the right track.

Our young Oline will get stronger and better. We now have two great young TEs that will be fantastic next year and help protect the QB as well as pose dynamic threats as receivers in passing and lead blockers or running threats in rushing.
We are developing a QB "next guy up" workshop between Mond, Foster, Calzada, and King.
This year we lost our starting running back which gave the two younger backs a chance to get much better as the year progressed. And with the recent addition at RB from recruiting, we are getting a good stable of runners that will be getting better.
Our corners and safeties were young this year but kept everyone except Joe Borrow from passing very much. And our defense in general has been playing really well all season.

I know it sucks right now, but stay the course and stand by our team. We are coming... And we are going to win lots of games very soon.
As much as I still believe in Jimbo, I really wish his supporters stopped calling our O-line "young". I thought we only have one true freshman there.

Aside from that though, I agree that we'll get there soon. However, it's very apparent that Jimbo doesn't like to make his plans according to the talents of his players. Not that there's anything wrong with this philosophy in my opinion, but it definitely means we'll have to wait till a lot of the Sumlin-era players are gone.

Also, if I recall correctly, it seems like all the great plays that were done this season by the offense were done by Wydermeyer and Smith. I think that's pretty telling.
Ian Neff
AG
Jalen Waddle is young ans he could play for the Patriots TODAY.
Evanhue
AG
"Hold the rope"
counter subconscious espionage
TopoTacos
AG
None of our starting O-line (with the exception of Green as he is a freshman) should see the field next season. We haven't seen any progression from them as a unit and it's the absolute starting block from which we have to build this offense.

That's partly on the guys, but it's also on Jimbo and Dickey for not trying to make any offensive adjustments.

The other thing we need is speed. Holy **** we are slow across every facet of the team and it shows.
Tom Hagen
AG
Is there going to be a quality graduate transfer at QB this year?
DSAG
Tom Hagen said:

Is there going to be a quality graduate transfer at QB this year?
DeEricq King of Houston will be available but he will probably end up staying with Houston or possibly LSU. We do not want this dude in Baton Rouge.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.